17:06, Fri 26 Apr
What exactly are you expecting?

He's 19 and had half a dozen managers and god knows how many coaches in the last 12 months.

But would you build a team around him?
17:10, Fri 26 Apr
I hope for blues sake those in charge of transfers look at more than just stats then.

1 year left on his deal with an option in the clubs favour for another year. 10 million should get it done.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:16, Fri 26 Apr
Super Hans
I hope for blues sake those in charge of transfers look at more than just stats then.

1 year left on his deal with an option in the clubs favour for another year. 10 million should get it done.

My eyes say he's even less good than his stats and I think he's close to his ceiling

10M would be wonderful. I am pretty sure we'll get around 6-8M though, with a decent bit being in installments tied to performance
17:19, Fri 26 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
What exactly are you expecting?

He's 19 and had half a dozen managers and god knows how many coaches in the last 12 months.

But would you build a team around him?

No.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
17:21, Fri 26 Apr
Saying he’s close to his ceiling is bonkers.
17:23, Fri 26 Apr
Super Hans

How is it any different to saying he's not? Neither of us can be sure. That's just my opinion based on parallels I draw with other players I've seen develop in my time as a coach.
17:24, Fri 26 Apr
Llanon_joe
No, obviously I'm not on the same page. Please tell me what would be involved in "building a team around JJ". What would have to happen for this to be achieved? And then once this has been achieved what does our squad/team look like. What does our game play look like?

Imagine the team is a wall. And the players are bricks. I’d take the brick that is JJ and lay it on the ground. Then I’d choose other bricks and I’d build the wall, which, remember, is actually the team, around him.
17:37, Fri 26 Apr
JJ is the best player in our squad, but the modern game doesn’t allow you to build a team around one player. That player could be gone within months, and that is almost certainly the case with JJ. He is destined for a PL club, where he will probably flourish.
17:40, Fri 26 Apr
yeehaw
Super Hans

How is it any different to saying he's not? Neither of us can be sure. That's just my opinion based on parallels I draw with other players I've seen develop in my time as a coach.

Many reasons?

He’s 19 for a start, soon to be 20. History shows the vast majority of footballers don’t peak around that age.

He’s played under 5 different managers and god knows how many coaches this season.

He’s been constantly shoved out wide when it’s obvious to anyone that his best position is in the middle..

Despite the two above points he’s scored 8 goals this season. 8 goals in the Championship at 19.

He’s a full international, getting rave reviews from Welsh fans including starting in a win over Croatia.
Will be gone at the end of the season, just need to get the best deal we can for him.
Shame would have been great for the future.
17:48, Fri 26 Apr
Which players are these?
17:53, Fri 26 Apr
No. He’s good but not that good.
17:54, Fri 26 Apr
Super Hans
He’s 19 for a start, soon to be 20. History shows the vast majority of footballers don’t peak around that age.

There is no definitive answer as to when players do and don't peak. Many players who are the leaders in their age group as young men do not make it far in the professional game, while their lesser peers who develop at a different pace, do. It's a daft thing to say.

Super Hans
He’s played under 5 different managers and god knows how many coaches this season.

He’s been constantly shoved out wide when it’s obvious to anyone that his best position is in the middle..

And yet he hasn't been a standout performer under any of them? And almost none of them have played him in his favored position? Why would that be?

Super Hans
Despite the two above points he’s scored 8 goals this season. 8 goals in the Championship at 19.

And despite scoring 8 goals, he has never been MOTM, he has never had the highest rating of players in a match he's played. He has among the worst stats of our midfielders in the squad in every metric other than goals.

Super Hans
He’s a full international, getting rave reviews from Welsh fans including starting in a win over Croatia.

He's played like 300-500 minutes for Wales, who are ranked below Iran, Hungary, Australia. Perhaps 5 starts? I've watched a couple of his games because I support Blues players, especially our young ones. But I don't even need to look at his stats to know that he hasn't once been the standout performer. In a team that is mostly filled with Championship and SPL players.

In any case, none of the points you made prove that my statement is "bonkers". Your opinion just differs from mine. Time will tell who is correct.
17:59, Fri 26 Apr
This exactly, was being banded about as next big thing by some. He still maybe but not with us. Another let down of a player with so much potential ( yeah I know his age ) can’t hang your hopes on young kids tbh. But he’s gone missing when we hoped he’d be the difference in certain games. No doubt he’ll go on to better things away from us. What’s fecking new ?
18:05, Fri 26 Apr
As expected, you don't know do you?