16:40, Sat 4 May
Don’t know who will stay or go, but every successful side needs, first and foremost, a vocal captain on the field. Someone who commands respect, takes control when the side looks bereft of ideas, knocks heads together when necessary, inspires those around him and who takes responsibility for managing the side during the game. That’s not Sanderson.

Also necessary is a reliable striker who can hold the ball, has great positional sense and who bullies defenders. That may be Juke in League One.

Also, a keeper who is both a great shot stopper and who is comfortable with the ball at his feet, and can distribute the ball accurately. I don’t think that is Ruddy.

Also a creative midfielder who can add a touch of inventive football when everyone looks lost. That may be Myoshi.
16:59, Sat 4 May
Admin, can we just merge all these threads about players leaving going. There's been one daily for about 3 weeks now
16:59, Sat 4 May
I think we need to recruit players who will develop. I don't want to recruit anyone who can just do a job in league 1. We need to develop a playing style and recruit with that in mind. I also want the new recruits to be under 25. We build not for 1 season but for the future.
17:01, Sat 4 May
TaylorJay84
Honestly couldn’t care If any of them do.
Most unlikeable squad in all my years of supporting blues.

Need to also have a look at the recruitment team imo.
Get the balance and the blend right, long hard season ahead.
This 100%
17:06, Sat 4 May
TrickyBlue
Laird
Buchanan
Sanderson
Roberts
Dembele
Longelo
Hall
Miyoshi
Pritchard
T.Roberts

The rest will be out of contract or sold.

Doesn’t look like much of a team does it, atleast we’ll have a fun summer signing plenty of players.

I think Anderson will be worth a contact in league one. He has been a key member of the team during our better periods this season
17:08, Sat 4 May
Beduff Blue
I think we need to recruit players who will develop. I don't want to recruit anyone who can just do a job in league 1. We need to develop a playing style and recruit with that in mind. I also want the new recruits to be under 25. We build not for 1 season but for the future.

That didn't work so well this season! We need some experienced heads and leaders for me as well
17:11, Sat 4 May
We're desperate for a leader/captain and a goalscorer (or two or three).

There's been no one this season shouting on the pitch, order the players into position. It would have been the difference.
17:11, Sat 4 May
Laird
Buchanan
Sanderson
Roberts
Dembele
Longelo
Hall
Miyoshi
Pritchard
T.Roberts

Doesn’t look like much of a team does it, atleast we’ll have a fun summer signing plenty of players.

All they need is a competent manager manager, apparently.
17:12, Sat 4 May
Novakainian
Beduff Blue

That didn't work so well this season! We need some experienced heads and leaders for me

We need both. I don't want us to panic and sign players that will give us a season and have to do it all over again. We need to just pause and think, try and build a proper team. Even if it takes a couple of seasons. I'd rather see us be an Ipswich than a Sheff Wed.
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Laird
Buchanan
Sanderson
Roberts
Dembele
Longelo
Hall
Miyoshi
Pritchard
T.Roberts

Well they did look like a cohesive team under JE.
17:15, Sat 4 May
TrickyBlue
I was going to include Beilik but didn’t he want to leave when Derby went down?

Paik and Ruddy I’ve seen linked elsewhere recently so can see both of them going.
JE will try to sign Bielik.
17:16, Sat 4 May
BlueSteve
TrickyBlue
I was going to include Beilik but didn’t he want to leave when Derby went down?

Paik and Ruddy I’ve seen linked elsewhere recently so can see both of them going.
JE will try to sign Bielik.

He may try and sign 2 or 3
17:32, Sat 4 May
bluer than blues
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Laird
Buchanan
Sanderson
Roberts
Dembele
Longelo
Hall
Miyoshi
Pritchard
T.Roberts

Well they did look like a cohesive team under JE.

This season has basically been an experiment in the importance of competent management and proved the necessity of it.

Rowett was the least successful of the 3 competent managers and still has a points per game average good enough to finish in the top half.

The Rooney and Venus spells in charge are what killed us, not the players, who can clearly get good results with competent managers.
17:36, Sat 4 May
I keep seeing talk of a massive rebuild - I don't think it'll be as many as people are assuming, nobody is going to take our players from us. If we are playing 4-2-3-1 again:

Goalkeeper - we have no one, need to sign two.
Defence - we have Laird, Buchanan, Sanderson & Bielik - should be fine for League 1. We need backups, might include M.Roberts & Longelo, so maybe we're only signing a backup right back and a centre back.
Central Midfield - we have Chang, James, Paik, Bacuna & Hall - should be good enough. Might sign one player & replace James if he goes.
Attacking midfield - we have Dembele, Pritchard, Miyoshi, T. Roberts, Donovan (plus Bacuna & Hall) under contract. We might sign one player & replace anyone who goes - can't see who.
Striker - we have no one, need to sign two or three (depending on if T.Roberts or Dixon gets considered as third choice backup). Who ever we get won't be as good as Stansfield.

So we may sign 2 GK's, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers - but the majority of the squad & starting line up will likely be the same.

Depressing I know....
17:38, Sat 4 May
I’d imagine some will have offers like James, bacuna, Paik. Others might not want to be here for league 1, so I’d try and offload them as well. Either way we’re not going to largely have the same team.