17:39, Sat 4 May
I disagree.
It was Rooney that was the failure.
If you interpolate the points we got from Eustace, Mowbray and Rowett we would have got 69 points and finished in 8th.
That’s not bad for the budget we had.
I disagree.
It was Rooney that was the failure.
If you interpolate the points we got from Eustace, Mowbray and Rowett we would have got 69 points and finished in 8th.
That’s not bad for the budget we had.

Prove it.
18:01, Sat 4 May
69 points, really.

Ok so explain how we went from 7th to 17th after the World Cup last season. We'd have fell away regardless.

The chances of us finishing 8th with that squad was 0. No way Eustace would have kept up that form.

Look at the away form, it's consistently been shit for years
18:03, Sat 4 May
Who'd have erm
18:08, Sat 4 May
BlueSteve
I'd be amazed to see the following players staying.

James
Paik
Miyoshi
Bielik

They will have offers and want to play for their national teams, which they probably can't do in League One.
So they think they're too good for League One ? They're part of the reason we got relegated. Should be made to stay and sit on the bench, they might learn something.
18:11, Sat 4 May
Rasputin
You're assuming there they want to stay.

I can see the turnover being even more dramatic than last season.

Yep as well as the deadwood I think we may lose a few that we would like to keep
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
18:16, Sat 4 May
We should only allow the dead wood to move on, anyone under contract who we want to keep should be made to stay - we should be OK financially. If they don't like League 1, then get promoted.
20:10, Sat 4 May
Bielik has been absolute class at centre half....
He'd be a tremendous starting point to build the side around if we can persuade him to stay
20:20, Sat 4 May
It doesn’t matter who we have in the squad next season, for me it’s who the manager is as it’s been proven this season how important a good manager is.

I’m hoping Mowbray can come back, would be beautiful if he did and got us promoted.

If he can’t do it, then we need to make sure the replacement is spot on otherwise splashing the cash will be a waste of time.
20:50, Sat 4 May
Beilik left Derby because it was the winter World Cup coming up and was told by his national coach he needed to be playing in the championship at least. Well, he’s not been in the past few Poland squads and will not be in this summers Euro squad regardless, so playing in League One for a year will have no effect on his future international prospects.
Do everything to keep him, he’s been outstanding at centre half since Mowbray came in.
22:10, Sat 4 May
roger hynd
He'd be a tremendous starting point to build the side around if we can persuade him to stay

Can't emphasize this enough. I would make him captain.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
22:12, Sat 4 May
There a few players I’d prefer to stay. Bielik. Paik. James. Buchanan. But tbh can’t say I’d be too bothered if the lot went.
22:30, Sat 4 May
I’d like us to keep hold of Paik, Bielik, Dembele, Miyoshi, Laird, Buchanan and James if a good offer doesn’t come in
Brian Sutherland'
roger hynd

Can't emphasize this enough. I would make him captain.

Agreed. Throw money at him if need be.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
22:35, Sat 4 May
TrickyBlue
Laird
Buchanan
Sanderson
Roberts
Dembele
Longelo
Hall
Miyoshi
Pritchard
T.Roberts

The rest will be out of contract or sold.

Doesn’t look like much of a team does it, atleast we’ll have a fun summer signing plenty of players.

Sanderson to Rangers rumours already picking up. He'll be gone I think