21:53, Mon 6 May
mjd2505
but when people are saying "no chance you can buy X player, he'll cost you £3m!!" we have to laugh.

You do realise this sort of arrogance is exactly what's being criticised?

We fans have no idea what we will or won't spend next season, but I fear those proclaiming we're going to splurge million after million are going to be quite dissap.
The cold never bothered me anyway
21:54, Mon 6 May
yeh but thats banter and thats fine and funny. im talking about people who act like they're on crack
21:55, Mon 6 May
Rasputin
mjd2505
but when people are saying "no chance you can buy X player, he'll cost you £3m!!" we have to laugh.

We fans have no idea what we will or won't spend next season, but I fear those proclaiming we're going to splurge million after million are going to be quite dissap.

It's just a bit of fun though. I'd relax.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
21:57, Mon 6 May
But why shouldn’t we? Obviously don’t need to spend money for moneys sake, but if FFP is less restrictive, and we’ve got the money, then we should spend as much as is necessary to get us out of league 1.

Of course there is the caveat of having money is great, but the recruitment team have got to earn their salt this time and identify players that will ensure we can get promoted.
21:59, Mon 6 May
It’s just a bit of fun, let yourself go
Happy Clapper
22:04, Mon 6 May
Rasputin
mjd2505

Call it arrogance if you want, but I think it's the truth. I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign someone for £3m if we really wanted him and he'd have a huge impact for us.

Bear in mind I'm not someone going on Twitter and berating opposition fans about it, waving it over their heads. But speaking bluenose to bluenose...
22:21, Mon 6 May
Bluenose27
Yeah I’m not disagreeing with you. I was in a Facebook blues group and I had to leave it, cause it was just unbearable. I know people say on here can be bad, but it’s quite tame and regulated very well compared to the majority of blues fb groups (the only decent fb group I’ve come across is the project one)

Social media is not what it was, I don't do groups but I woke the other morning and went though my facebook feed and it was just people ranting and raving about this that and the other so I decided to delete 95% of my facebook 'friends' a little bit edgy at first as a few of them are my neighbours, one of them who was lording it over blues relegation. I just lark around now with a select few who 'get me' and I 'get them' much better.
Its all shite though really.
22:24, Mon 6 May
I may be totally wrong and I hope I am. But I can’t see us spending anywhere near as much as people think we’re going to
22:31, Mon 6 May
I anticipate it’ll be our biggest spend in one window in our history. Which by League One standards will be completely ridiculous.
Happy Clapper
22:32, Mon 6 May
Le Mod
I anticipate it’ll be our biggest spend in one window in our history. Which by league One standards will be completely ridiculous.

Out of interest what is our biggest window spend?
22:35, Mon 6 May
About £14M ish I fink
Happy Clapper
22:38, Mon 6 May
Le Mod
I anticipate it’ll be our biggest spend in one window in our history. Which by League One standards will be completely ridiculous.

Even now you reckon?

I'm not convinced it'll be that big, I think there'll be a few short term necessities that have to come in now.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
22:40, Mon 6 May
We’d have spent a lot more had we stayed up, but I still think it’ll be a chunk
Happy Clapper
22:48, Mon 6 May
I may be totally wrong and I hope I am. But I can’t see us spending anywhere near as much as people think we’re going to

We’re spending 10s of millions on a stadium that will be knocked down. Think big on transfer spend. Why wouldn’t they? It doesn’t make sense not to.
22:57, Mon 6 May
It’s the wages that count.

Then the ambition of the player.

Then the ability of the manager.