18:01, Wed 8 May
David Xavis
Gary Rowett
If Bielik boycotted the awards night because he thinks relegation is not worth celebrating, he’s gone even higher up in my estimations

Should stay as captain.

it could mean the opposite though, that he doesnt want to stay
18:14, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
David Xavis
Gary Rowett
If Bielik boycotted the awards night because he thinks relegation is not worth celebrating, he’s gone even higher up in my estimations

Should stay as captain.

He refused to play in League One at Derby and didn't attend the awards night. My money would be on him leaving on loan.
18:18, Wed 8 May
BlueSteve
SHAKRO
David Xavis
Gary Rowett

Should stay as captain.

He refused to play in League One at Derby and didn't attend the awards night. My money would be on him leaving on loan.

He did, but the world cup was that season and he wanted to make the Poland squad.

Think we're in a better position to retain him. Don't need his wages off the books, no international tournament and probably a better chance of bouncing straight back.
shd
18:55, Wed 8 May
BlueSteve
SHAKRO
David Xavis
Gary Rowett

Should stay as captain.

What is the point ?
These guys are financially driven so those that we want and need to stay incentive them to the same degree as they were in the championship
19:14, Wed 8 May
shd
We're going to need a combination of 'enforcers' as well as some good technical players.
I see Bielik as the former - thought he was very good as CB. Don't mind if Sanderson leaves in the light of his second drink driving offence - see that as an indication of a flawed character - unless the management think he wants to and is capable of maturing.
Would like to keep our South East Asian pairing - their technical abilities will terrify a good number of the opposition teams.

Given our much improved financial situation with some big earners off the books (assuming this is the case) then let's not be in too much of a hurry to offload people such as James - he could really flourish in a settled team and in a settled position thereby enhancing his role internationally.
19:20, Wed 8 May
Would like to keep our South East Asian pairing

Ah yes Japan and Korea, famously tropical and near Australia.
19:44, Wed 8 May
shd
shd
BlueSteve
SHAKRO
David Xavis
Gary Rowett

Should stay as captain.

What is the point ?
These guys are financially driven so those that we want and need to stay incentive them to the same degree as they were in the championship
If we are really serious about keeping them then throwing money at the situation is a possible solution. Its probably the number 1 priority for modern day players.
19:45, Wed 8 May
Jeju Island and Okinawa say hello
19:48, Wed 8 May
Surely we need to keep him and Buchanan mainly.
19:49, Wed 8 May
They’re pissheads as well
Tony Fantastico
20:01, Wed 8 May
Jeju Island and Okinawa say hello

Okinawa is tropical but it’s not in SE Asia. Jeju is 50 miles off the Korean mainland.
20:04, Wed 8 May
mjd2505
BlueSteve
SHAKRO
David Xavis
Gary Rowett

Should stay as captain.

He did, but the world cup was that season and he wanted to make the Poland squad.

Think we're in a better position to retain him. Don't need his wages off the books, no international tournament and probably a better chance of bouncing straight back.

i definitely hope this is true because i believe its imperative we keep hold of him to bounce straight back up.

you're right he needed to get into poland squad, the situation is different so hopefully wagner convinces him to stay
shd
21:36, Wed 8 May
BlueSteve
shd
BlueSteve
SHAKRO
David Xavis
Gary Rowett

Should stay as captain.

What is the point ?
If we are really serious about keeping them then throwing money at the situation is a possible solution. Its probably the number 1 priority for modern day players.

Probably = definitely
22:17, Wed 8 May
shd
I don’t get this thread.

People honestly think Bielik is some talisman, but truthfully he turns like an oil tanker. Don’t forget his favoured position is in midfield, there’s no way in a month of Sundays I’d want him to play there.

We have a chance to rebuild, I’m not so sure we want players with a hangover from a relegation season and several survival seasons prior to that - Juke being another example. Every time someone says “he could do a job in league one” my heart sinks. Is that really our ambition as fans?

We should be looking for better, not looking backwards at a bunch of lightweight failures.

Buchanan and Koji are the exceptions in my eyes. The rest I wouldn’t be arsed if they never wore a blue shirt again.
22:26, Wed 8 May
Mike YOU ESS AYY
I don’t get this thread.

People honestly think Bielik is some talisman, but truthfully he turns like an oil tanker. Don’t forget his favoured position is in midfield, there’s no way in a month of Sundays I’d want him to play there.

We have a chance to rebuild, I’m not so sure we want players with a hangover from a relegation season and several survival seasons prior to that - Juke being another example. Every time someone says “he could do a job in league one” my heart sinks. Is that really our ambition as fans?

We should be looking for better, not looking backwards at a bunch of lightweight failures.

Buchanan and Koji are the exceptions in my eyes. The rest I wouldn’t be arsed if they never wore a blue shirt again.

Bielik has played a significant portion of his career at CB. And I think he's a very solid centre back, particularly in a side that wants to play out the back.

Juke may not get a renewal. But he WOULD do a job in league one coming off the bench, and we currently have no strikers in the squad. Strikers are the most expensive and difficult players to recruit. He also showed incredible dedication to the cause to get back fit. No harm in keeping him around for a season.

I get the general feeling of the squad. But let's be real - these all looked competent under competent managers. Had we managed any managerial stability last year, we wouldn't have been relegated, because in reality we had a mid table championship squad. Doesn't resolve the blame entirely from the players, but it does say something.