22:03, Thu 9 May
SHAKRO
Rasputin
TBF, I think a lot of the Hogan hate is purely down to where we signed him from, which I find quite dull.

But I would agree entirely with you that he's been a dismal failure for the majority of his career here - that he's been the best (only) option for several years is an indictment on the recruitment team.

Not his fault for that though.

Absolutely not. for me i couldnt care less if he came from villa, we have signed a few players from villa over the seasons so that is definitely not the reason i think hes s***e.

If you look at his career, he has only had one good season, when he was at Brentford, and villa payed i think 12mil for him at the time.

when we initially had him on loan he scored quite a few goals for us and i was praying we didnt sign him because i knew that loan wasnt representative of his career. sure enough blues signed him and his been nothing but s***.

Opinions are my own of course

Hogan split the fans opinion. Some said he was a half trick pony. Others said he had goals in him. I never saw him enough but his numbers apart from the one Brentford season are shocking.
22:09, Thu 9 May
WelshBlue
Some hints from Rowett and the excellent Ryan on Substack that some players weren't putting their all into training and/or games. I didn't see it but who is he referring to? I think Drameh in his last games seemed off the boil.

Rowett. More bothered about his marathon times and now doing the thing apparently those who live says he never does, ie blaming the players other than his inability to get the best out of him.

Feck off and don’t come back
23:56, Thu 9 May
👍
Tony Fantastico
Newblue is very grumpy these days. I approve.
11:26, Fri 10 May
tbf i'd have imagine most of those out of contract werent giving 100% - not all of course.

Saw it during the covid season, some who were out of contract and new they were gonig to be part of a teams future plans didnt put the same effort in, some didnt even sign the "extension" to see season out.
15:00, Fri 10 May
Rags
WelshBlue
Some hints from Rowett and the excellent Ryan on Substack that some players weren't putting their all into training and/or games. I didn't see it but who is he referring to? I think Drameh in his last games seemed off the boil.

Rowett made subtle references to it in press conferences every now and again so it wouldnt surprise me given some of the performances

Rowett and Robinson are cut from the same cloth and will always try and pass the buck.

Mowbray and Rooney also said similar things so I think that's an unfair comment. The only one who didn't was Eustace. Which I am sure you will agree, may well be one reason he got more out of some of them.
15:02, Fri 10 May
newblue
WelshBlue

Rowett. More bothered about his marathon times and now doing the thing apparently those who live says he never does, ie blaming the players other than his inability to get the best out of him.

Feck off and don’t come back

His comments are more subtle than similar made by Rooney and Mowbray