Bhx
16:08, Tue 9 Jul
Woke up today craving a cheese & red onion crusty cob. Problem is I don't know where to buy them. I'm in North Birmingham but am more than willing to travel. I understand the Crusty Cottage Bakery in Quinton does them, but are sadly not open today. I've probably left it abit late to make this post so am holding no hope on purchasing any today. I want the proper burnt/dark crusty cobs if possible.
Cheers

Pic for reference:

Linked Image
16:16, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
If you're willing to travel a little further afield, I can recommend Matt The Baker's in Bilston Indoor Market. Open on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
16:23, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
Kelly's Deli in Bentley Heath .
16:32, Tue 9 Jul
Wedges, Dovehouse parade Warwick Road Solihull....proper jaw breakers ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
16:34, Tue 9 Jul
If you're desperate the co op does a nice crusty cob. Usually got a bit of char on them.

You won't beat Charlie Braggs though
16:37, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
The Bread Bin on Bournville Green do nice burnt crusty cobs, also Becketts Farm.
16:45, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
Bhx
Woke up today craving a cheese & red onion crusty cob. Problem is I don't know where to buy them. I'm in North Birmingham but am more than willing to travel. I understand the Crusty Cottage Bakery in Quinton does them, but are sadly not open today. I've probably left it abit late to make this post so am holding no hope on purchasing any today. I want the proper burnt/dark crusty cobs if possible.
Cheers

If you're in North Birmingham then check out the baker in Wilton Market, Erdington.

I can recommend 100% as they are absolutely gorgeous and about £1.50 for six.

Try here before travelling further, because you'll be back to him again I promise.

Woman in front of my Mrs bought 50 last week ! ๐Ÿคฃ
16:51, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
Used to love Stocktonโ€™s at The Broadway for crusty cobs and pasties. Gone now though.
17:22, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
The Three Tuns in Henley in Arden! Its a real classic English pub!
17:25, Tue 9 Jul
Yes Bilston cobs are quality. The blacker the better.
17:27, Tue 9 Jul
Well butter my arse and call it a biscuit- must remember this when I m next In Dovehouse
17:42, Tue 9 Jul
Dunno if they still have it but Coopers butchers just over the road from Smokey Barrels pub in Yardley used to have a little bakery bit. The crusty cobs from there were excellent
18:01, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
Make your own! Hot oven, steam, egg glaze? Maybe
Bhx
18:14, Tue 9 Jul
Will be making a visit tomorrow, thanks for that. I'll also give the others a try, im in Bilston on the odd occasion so will be sure to check Matt The Baker out

Cheers for the suggestions so far
18:20, Tue 9 Jul
Bhx
Bhx
Cheers

Pic for reference:

Linked Image

I note you posted at 16:08 stating that you had woken up with a craving for a crusty cob - are you a night shift worker, a student or a vampire !!!!

Secondly, did you wake up this morning and are still craving this afternoon - did you find a suitable vendor of baked goods?

I second Wedges in Olton as absolutely fantastic, and they are also in Hockley Heath and Monkspath.

Lastly, to answer another poster - Coopers Butchers in Yardley are still there, and sell fantastic home made Pork Pies, but the bakery is no more ๐Ÿ˜ฅ