11:06, Wed 10 Jul
Pork pie BUT the calories are insane.
11:10, Wed 10 Jul
See crusty cob thread and Coopers
11:32, Wed 10 Jul
Pork pie v scotch egg

Discuss

If i had to pick, scotch egg but i tend to bin the sausage meat an just eat the egg.
11:38, Wed 10 Jul
thethinblueline
Pork pie v scotch egg

Discuss

both at the same time, with a dollop of salad cream
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
11:41, Wed 10 Jul
Scotch egg with black pudding in it
Pub I frequent does pork pies with Stilton on top. Incredible.

...amazing ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ค

Scotch Eggs though, fecking horrible ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ
Partial to the pork and pickle pie.

A thing of beauty. Particularly with a good pint.
12:53, Wed 10 Jul
Hilliers farm shop used to do Scotch eggs made with a pickled egg wrapped with sausage meet and rolled in crushed up crisps, lovely things
The future's bright, the future's Blue
A good, home made scotch egg, with good sausage meat, served hot with the egg runny is the food of gods.
Only Marginally better than a home made pork pie with good quality seasoning and meat with a crisp pastry.
In short, mass produced, pre packed pork pies & scotch eggs are mostly shite, but fresh made ones usually from quality, independent farm shops are a different ball game ๐Ÿ‘Œ
15:17, Wed 10 Jul
mr_crosby
Seconded .....not tasted a better one yet ๐Ÿ˜‹ My topping ,salad cream
15:54, Wed 10 Jul
Which pub Iโ€™d like to try.
16:26, Wed 10 Jul
Ray Mac
mr_crosby
Seconded .....not tasted a better one yet ๐Ÿ˜‹ My topping ,salad cream

Havenโ€™t tried that yet, although I did buy a pork pie from Cornucopia after reading this thread earlier.
18:11, Wed 10 Jul
Pig lips and arse ring in pastry baked or pig lips and arse ring round a manky egg deep fried?
Olives.
18:17, Wed 10 Jul
Peakyblue
Pig lips and arse ring in pastry baked or pig lips and arse ring round a manky egg deep fried?
Olives.

With or without feta, and/or sun dried tomatoes?
18:23, Wed 10 Jul
I'd welcome those, I like the shriveled kalamati Greek ones with a bit of chilli and garlic on personally, but any little additions - artichoke hearts, peppers etc are fine. Octopus and rollmops can eff off though. Disgusting.