13:51, Wed 10 Jul
Rags
If I'm not mistaken I think someone mentioned on the Marc Leonard/New Signing thread that LB would be the next position in. This would fit that assertion...

Surely, if he'd come, Drameh would be brilliant ... can play left back, right back, and emergency centre-half

I thought Drameh was much better than Laird. Would love for us to bring him back but can see a Derby type team in the Champ picking him up
14:01, Wed 10 Jul
TCKRO
Now Drameh would be a brilliant signing at this level, quite liked him but don't know if he would want to drop to League One.

Drameh would be great - better option than Laird at right back as he is a better crosser of the ball when overlapping. Laird gets lost ince he is past the half way line
14:03, Wed 10 Jul
I agree. Laird is better going forward but we looked far more comfortable defensively with Drameh playing. It was almost like playing a back 3 with how far Laird would push up the wing. I can't see it being as much of an issue this season though, Laird is a quality fullback at this level and if he can sort out the defensive parts of his game he'll be a real asset over the next couple of years.

No chance of signing Drameh imo - there'll be plenty of teams in the Championship who will be after him.
14:12, Wed 10 Jul
Any relation to Archie? If so no thanks
14:16, Wed 10 Jul
Yeah Ribeye did menion that.

He's usually spot on
14:19, Wed 10 Jul
Agreed. Everything he has said has been spot on.
14:27, Wed 10 Jul
Lengthy analysis of Styles attributes.. no idea how accurate it is

[allstatsarentwe.medium.com]
15:07, Wed 10 Jul
Surprised he's only 24. Good age and good potential. Sensible signing
15:19, Wed 10 Jul
Wasn't it Nixon who was the only one to link us to Peacock-Farrel? Or was that Mox, I get the two mixed up tbh.
15:31, Wed 10 Jul
I first saw him play for Bury U 18s against us about 9 years ago. I think he was 16 and was in their first team. Unbelievable talent. I think he also scored a screamer against us for Barnsley. Classy player.
16:20, Wed 10 Jul
Spike
Thrillhouse
At our level Callum Styles would be an excellent signing

Yeah, I'd like this one. He's a good player and plenty of scope to improve.

I like him but we badly need to sign a couple of lads in midfield with size and physicality (as well). Obviously not mutually exclusive.
16:25, Wed 10 Jul
no thank you. Has never impressed when I've watched him, even with his spawny goal

Does he really have the ball skills to play our new brand? I appreciate we need a balance but id rather have a high motor player that can also pass it
16:35, Wed 10 Jul
Onel Hernandez
no thank you. Has never impressed when I've watched him, even with his spawny goal

Does he really have the ball skills to play our new brand? I appreciate we need a balance but id rather have a high motor player that can also pass it

You realise he was playing in a major international tournament literally a couple of weeks ago. I am sure he can manage to play possession football in league one
17:07, Wed 10 Jul
Waggeh
Wasn't it Nixon who was the only one to link us to Peacock-Farrel? Or was that Mox, I get the two mixed up tbh.

Ones a miserable brummie and ones a miserable scot. Hth.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Spike
Thrillhouse
At our level Callum Styles would be an excellent signing

Yeah, I'd like this one. He's a good player and plenty of scope to improve.

I like him but we badly need to sign a couple of lads in midfield with size and physicality (as well). Obviously not mutually exclusive.

Bit of a utility player this lad if it's who I'm thinking of?

High energy and a bit of pace too. I may have my wires crossed.

If so, likely cover for left back, wide of a middle or front 3 and also central..

Completely agree we need some size and bite but I don't see this signing being instead of others in midfield.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.