20:11, Sat 4 Nov
Wow. Quite a shocker in the Newcastle Arsenal match.

Arteta's gone wild: "an embarrassment, a disgrace, destroying the game".

Thoughts on it?
Didn’t see it. But he’s right 😁
Tony Fantastico
😂

It's was terrible IMO. Ball clearly out of play, then a blatant foul, then an offside.

At this point we need to see all the images they see at stockley park and we need to be given the VAR's justification for their decision making.
Blimey. That bad?
Tony Fantastico
20:18, Sat 4 Nov
Guimares with a forearm to the back of the head which would have you disqualified in a UFC fight too and nothing given.

Sheffield United penalty today against Wolves, whilst incredibly funny was an absolute joke.

Crock of shit.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:19, Sat 4 Nov
Blimey. That bad?

No ... almost every pundit has agreed it should stand.
20:19, Sat 4 Nov
Not so sure it was a foul but when it happened I thought it was a pretty clear offside. The reason they gave for not ruling offside was that they couldn’t determine the positions when the ball hit Joelinton to put Gordon in 3 metres out - I think. Which sounds gibberish to me.
20:21, Sat 4 Nov
Guimares with a forearm to the back of the head which would have you disqualified in a UFC fight too and nothing given.

Sheffield United penalty today against Wolves, whilst incredibly funny was an absolute joke.

Crock of shit.

No exaggeration there then ... it was a yellow .... but then again he should have been sent off for two separate yellows
20:22, Sat 4 Nov
Yep, the Guimares was terrible.

I think VAR has made the on field refs worse, too.
20:23, Sat 4 Nov
Rags

Crock of shit.

No exaggeration there then ... it was a yellow .... but then again he should have been sent off for two separate yellows

You can’t strike the back of the head in MMA, so flying in and forearming someone in the back of the head would be a DQ.

Yet it’s seemingly perfectly fine in football.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:23, Sat 4 Nov
From the footage Sky showed, I don't know how that ball is in play.

And the offside was blatant.
bluer than blues
Yep, the Guimares was terrible.

I think VAR has made the on field refs worse, too.
On field officials now don’t need to make decisions. VAR encourages that
Tony Fantastico
20:24, Sat 4 Nov
Perfect use of VAR for me.

There were doubts over the goal but no conclusive evidence of there being a "clear and obvious error".

In that case the onfield decision, a goal, should stand.
20:31, Sat 4 Nov
From the footage Sky showed, I don't know how that ball is in play.

And the offside was blatant.

From the footage Sky showed .. of course it looked out of play from the angle the camera showed it on Sky ...... remind me to never lend you money to back the result of a photo-finish at the dogs. Angles, and line of sight.

However .. i DO think it was offside, and that was my immediate take on it, .... but VAR said the coverage was inconclusive - so not sure we can argue with that in the time available ... the ball was between the players and out of sight ... and the goal keeper was charging out as Gordon was running in - after questioning the decision myself and rewatching it, you really can't tell if Gordon was or wasn't behind the ball when it started coming towards him
20:31, Sat 4 Nov
Perfect use of VAR for me.

There were doubts over the goal but no conclusive evidence of there being a "clear and obvious error".

In that case the onfield decision, a goal, should stand.

Yep