21:58, Sat 4 Nov
I said when it first hit Joelinton Gordon was onside.
It didn't come cleanly off Joelinton. I wasn't convinced he was onside at the final touch. It was a very messy offside position. I was surprised not to see the lines. Maybe they had too many problems deciding on the frame.

I'd have wanted the goal given if we scored it. Not so much of we conceded it.
21:59, Sat 4 Nov
The Ref was a joke. VAR didn't help the comedian much. The Ref lost the plot.
22:01, Sat 4 Nov
I said when it first hit Joelinton Gordon was onside.
It didn't come cleanly off Joelinton. I wasn't convinced he was onside at the final touch. It was a very messy offside position. I was surprised not to see the lines. Maybe they had too many problems deciding on the frame.

I'd have wanted the goal given if we scored it. Not so much of we conceded it.

This was my initial take on it too ... if it had been a clean header from Linton to Gordon he was onside .... but then you see the mess of what happened with the ball rolling down between them and popping out and you just can't tell
22:05, Sat 4 Nov
Bonkers match, I thought the goal was offside when I saw it live and I've seen nothing to change my mind since.

The Havertz challenge should've been straigh red, surely?
Rab C Nesbitt
Didn’t see it. But he’s right 😁

😁
Up the feckin Blues
22:15, Sat 4 Nov
Miguelagenn

The Havertz challenge should've been straight red, surely?

How no one was sent off in this game was unbelievable. Havertz did enough to get sent off at least twice.
22:17, Sat 4 Nov
Tremendous goal celebration in the Copa Libertadoes final.
Maybe a bit foolish if you've already been booked.
22:19, Sat 4 Nov
On another point; Joelinton, what are they feeding him? I thought he was the best player on the pitch today.

He makes Bruce look a bigger mug every time I see him play.
bluer than blues
Wow. Quite a shocker in the Newcastle Arsenal match.

Arteta's gone wild: "an embarrassment, a disgrace, destroying the game".

Thoughts on it?

My thoughts are that it's really effing boring.

Every Saturday and Sunday there seems to be more whining about officials and VAR and the most fractional of decisions than there is discussion of the football - and VAR has actually managed to make this worse.

When I become president if FIFA I'm gonna scrap VAR, give lifetime bans to any manager who moans about refs after his team has been dogshit for 90 mins and refuse to let any TV company have any rights unless their pundits know the actual rules and not the ones that only exist in their heads Mr Shearer.

Rant over, as you were.
STH on and off since 86. FML.
give lifetime bans to any manager who moans about refs after his team has been dogshit for 90 mins

Neither team played badly but the ref absolutely was a joke. He allowed fouls and off the ball incidents which you wouldn't see in sunday morning football.
Mad Blue
give lifetime bans to any manager who moans about refs after his team has been dogshit for 90 mins

Neither team played badly but the ref absolutely was a joke. He allowed fouls and off the ball incidents which you wouldn't see in sunday morning football.

It was more of a tongue in cheek general comment than specifically about tonight's game (which I only saw bits of but didn't see anything wrong with the reffing).

I just hate the culture of ref-blaming in football.
the Kevin Langley fan club

It was more of a tongue in cheek general comment than specifically about tonight's game (which I only saw bits of but didn't see anything wrong with the reffing).

Watch the game in full. I am not normally a referee basher, I fully believe over the course of a season you get some decisions in your favour and some go against you, but jesus christ that ref in that game today today was a absolute joke. He absolutely lost the plot.
Mad Blue
the Kevin Langley fan club

Watch the game in full. I am not normally a referee basher, I fully believe over the course of a season you get some decisions in your favour and some go against you, but jesus christ that ref in that game today today was a absolute joke. He absolutely lost the plot.

I'll take your word for it.

Refs have shockers - they're human, it happens. As long as they ain't bent I don't have a big issue with it.

Arteta can still eff off though. He's just deflecting from the fact that him and his team didn't do well enough. I find it pathetic. And apparently Havertz should've gone so the refs actually done him a favour anyway. Makes me cross !
Watching MOTD now. What a farce and only seen 2 games
Tony Fantastico
The lack of transparency in VAR is incredibly troubling. We were given a snapshot of what goes on behind the scenes in the Spurs Liverpool game with the released audio and that was absolute carnage. The VAR staff didn't even seem to be watching what was happening on the pitch. Absolute incompetence.

I can only conclude that the lack of transparency is purposely used to cover the chaos behind the scenes.

Why do we not have a system where every image stockley park see is live streamed at home and (where applicable) in stadiums and the audio is live streamed also? Take the Newcastle goal, the discussion over each of those decisions should be broadcast live and the justifications for giving/not giving them heard.

And then the Wolves pen... Lol. Poor Gary O'Neil. Screwed last weekend and this one and yet Onana took his player's head off but no pen. The refs don't know what they're doing anymore. I honestly believe it's made the on field refs worse.