23:54, Tue 14 Nov
Rags
They were the best championship side I've ever seen, John Collins what a player.

yep.... 101 points, plus 58 goal difference

[stats.football.co.uk]

Great team to play as on CM I remember. Louis Saha, Zat Knight, Boa Morte, Lee Clark, World Cup winner Karl-Heinz Riedle!

I think Blues may have been the only team to beat them at their own ground that season, Grainger it was - lovely free kick (possibly his best) in the second half. They mullered us at our place though.

Found it ... Fulham 0 Blues 1 ... first free kick in this clip

07:02, Wed 15 Nov
I was there right at the front. Got stuck next to Wolfie and his Dutch flag.
07:16, Wed 15 Nov
Respect for replying in such detail. I remember him as manager of Fulham when Fulham were good. But I was probably too young to really be bothered about those kind of stories in papers. I always would say to my dad 'blues should get tigana In as manager' he would look at me in a way which thinking about it now was a look of amazement at how dillusional I was.
07:48, Wed 15 Nov
No fear at home.
Winning mentality from home.

This is how winners work, dont ya know?

In all seriousness, I dont agree with this at all. Not saying that a little break wouldnt go amiss, but, with how things are and during a transition stage, I would say this is another perfect time to put more hard work in and "get it right".
07:54, Wed 15 Nov
perhaps as a former player our manager understands the needs of having a mental break and feels this will give them that mental break where its not all football football football. Players may appreciate it.

Anyway we won't know until after the international break.
07:56, Wed 15 Nov
Yep
07:59, Wed 15 Nov
Rags
Now i assumed that all the Blues players not on international breaks at the moment would be spending time with Rooney, learning about what it is he wants, the new formation, motivational talks, tactics. no fear front foot football techniques ... etc and getting fitter fitter and fitter and even more fitter (since he says they ain't fit)

but ... i just read that they've ALL been given 10 days off (yes ALL players) and aren't expected back in until next Tuesday. They have personal diet sheets and are expected to keep fit etc ... but what the actual feck ?

As i said ... this is only what i've just read elsewhere - so i don't know if it's true ------ but if it is i'm pretty feckin' outraged by it

Anyone know the actual truth - for definite ?

If this is true it’s a massive pr blunder. Our defence has turned to rats and needs serious work and our coaches are absent. Our fitness levels are consistently being criticised and our players are given ten days off, diet sheets and told to keep themselves fit.

So no work on tactics or fitness is happening for ten days. Can’t believe that’s happening at any other club.

Oh, and whilst this inactivity is happening l wonder what the manager will be doing for the good of the team and in preparation for our next game ( which is pivotal for him imo.) Awful optics!!
08:05, Wed 15 Nov
KROJim
No fear at home.

In all seriousness, I dont agree with this at all. Not saying that a little break wouldnt go amiss, but, with how things are and during a transition stage, I would say this is another perfect time to put more hard work in and "get it right".

Working from home has become more popular these days.

Only problem was Saturday, our defence was at home but, the game was being played in Middlesbrough
What did the Knights in White satin?
08:06, Wed 15 Nov
You can train and train and train and train until your blue in the face if the team that run out on the pitch on a match day forget everything after the warm up what is the point of having them all in.

They just need faith.
08:07, Wed 15 Nov
Tall
KROJim
No fear at home.

Working from home has become more popular these days.

Only problem was Saturday, our defence was at home but, the game was being played in Middlesbrough

Very good (y) point well made.

In all seriousness I am not saying that the players dont deserve some time off, its actually a good thing to get a bit of down time to reset and recover in all ways. But, 10 days is a long time and a lot can also be achieved in that time. During a period were struggling to adjust, then to me, its perfect to use this time to get more things right or cemented. Missed opportunity or right decision, time will tell.
08:07, Wed 15 Nov
Rags
Now i assumed that all the Blues players not on international breaks at the moment would be spending time with Rooney, learning about what it is he wants, the new formation, motivational talks, tactics. no fear front foot football techniques ... etc and getting fitter fitter and fitter and even more fitter (since he says they ain't fit)

but ... i just read that they've ALL been given 10 days off (yes ALL players) and aren't expected back in until next Tuesday. They have personal diet sheets and are expected to keep fit etc ... but what the actual feck ?

As i said ... this is only what i've just read elsewhere - so i don't know if it's true ------ but if it is i'm pretty feckin' outraged by it

If this is true it’s a massive pr blunder. Our defence has turned to rats and needs serious work and our coaches are absent. Our fitness levels are consistently being criticised and our players are given ten days off, diet sheets and told to keep themselves fit.

So no work on tactics or fitness is happening for ten days. Can’t believe that’s happening at any other club.

Oh, and whilst this inactivity is happening l wonder what the manager will be doing for the good of the team and in preparation for our next game ( which is pivotal for him imo.) Awful optics!!

Can confirm it's definitely true. There are pics of Dion Sanderson in Tenerife on Facebook posing for selfies with Blues fans and he confirmed to them that they all have the week off except those being treated for injury.
08:24, Wed 15 Nov
In the selfies was he slightly out of position for the shot and looking at something else instead of the thing in front of him??

Just wandering if he lives his life the same off the football pitch?

Getting back to your point though one of the last things the sky commentators said on Saturday was "Wayne rooney will now spend the time off the international break gives him on the training pitch"

I reckon he has bought a sit on mower........
08:25, Wed 15 Nov
johnthefence
Rags

Did you read the article?

This matches the policy of several Championship clubs, who see this break as a chance to pause for breath before an uninterrupted four-month run to the next international window.
08:27, Wed 15 Nov
Rags
Rags

Can confirm it's definitely true. There are pics of Dion Sanderson in Tenerife on Facebook posing for selfies with Blues fans and he confirmed to them that they all have the week off except those being treated for injury.

Well, one thing's for sure; Sheffield Wednesday players are not on holiday... their manager has described these two weeks as being a mini pre-season during which their players will be working hard...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
08:33, Wed 15 Nov
Everbluesince92
Did you read the article?

This matches the policy of several Championship clubs, who see this break as a chance to pause for breath before an uninterrupted four-month run to the next international window.

How many of those other clubs have just changed managers with the new managing preferring to blame fitness for a series of dismal results?
The cold never bothered me anyway