23:46, Wed 22 Nov
The Burnley documentary series is good on this, showing Kompany trying to implement a new style and how long it takes RE the number of sessions and meetings until it becomes second nature. He predicted how long it would take based on a load of data and he got it virtually spot on, sadly it takes months, it’s a shame we’ve missed out on several sessions.
Happy Clapper
00:09, Thu 23 Nov
The Burnley documentary series is good on this, showing Kompany trying to implement a new style and how long it takes RE the number of sessions and meetings until it becomes second nature. He predicted how long it would take based on a load of data and he got it virtually spot on, sadly it takes months, it’s a shame we’ve missed out on several sessions.

What Channel was that series on ?
01:55, Thu 23 Nov
We could very well be doing that….

But unlike the Burnley fans, the vocal majority of the fanbase here pine for the good old days of ‘442, get stuck in’ Blues.

If we were Burnley, got promoted to the Prem - we’d have Moxley, podcasts from Lee Clark and Simon Jordan telling us how wrong we’ve got it and the Birmingham fans only want players who will “get stuck in”.

Heaven forbid we’d ever have someone like Kompany in charge…
Dong Ren Out.
08:20, Thu 23 Nov
Le Mod

Which makes doing this mid-season an absolutely demented decision.
Tam
08:20, Thu 23 Nov
LondonBlue
We could very well be doing that….

But unlike the Burnley fans, the vocal majority of the fanbase here pine for the good old days of ‘442, get stuck in’ Blues.

If we were Burnley, got promoted to the Prem - we’d have Moxley, podcasts from Lee Clark and Simon Jordan telling us how wrong we’ve got it and the Birmingham fans only want players who will “get stuck in”.

Heaven forbid we’d ever have someone like Kompany in charge…

I don't actually think that's true - I think that most, if not all, Blues fans want to see attractive and exciting football played by us. It's how that's achieved that appears to be the problem.
Make Blues Great Again
08:30, Thu 23 Nov
Tam
It is true for a significant portion of our fans. 'pashun' over ability is what some want.

Which is why they'll laud limited footballers like Horsfield or Jutkiwiecz and slate players like Furlong.
The cold never bothered me anyway
08:40, Thu 23 Nov
Fans of the vast majority of clubs would laud Juke, and it’s ridiculous to say otherwise.

Before WR came in Dembele was the most loved player by the fans, hardly a passion merchant.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:47, Thu 23 Nov
Nothing to do with lauding donkeys over skill.

Horse gave his all and played through the pain barrier, if required. Furlong had the talent, but he blew over in a light breeze and shirked too many a challenge.
08:49, Thu 23 Nov
Sky
Happy Clapper
08:49, Thu 23 Nov
Furlong never played in January?
08:54, Thu 23 Nov
How is that relevant to the application of his talent?

Because he sometimes played during the winter months, that means he was a lion.
08:56, Thu 23 Nov
You clearly watched a completely different player called Furlong to me then.

But your post pretty much proves my point.
The cold never bothered me anyway
Tam
08:59, Thu 23 Nov
Rasputin
It is true for a significant portion of our fans. 'pashun' over ability is what some want.

Which is why they'll laud limited footballers like Horsfield or Jutkiwiecz and slate players like Furlong.

And why Jon McCarthy and Damien Johnson, to name but two, got loads of stick? No, it’s a bit more than that. Blues fans, like any other fans, want to see good football IMO. The two examples that you’ve named had something else about them - a ‘man of the people’ type thing if you like.

We’ve had a lot of hardworking committed players over the years who have been far from lauded by the fans. I don’t know if you go to games, but you can hear and feel the appreciation when we try and play attractive football.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
09:07, Thu 23 Nov
Rasputin
You clearly watched a completely different player called Furlong to me then.

But your post pretty much proves my point.

I do agree with you about Furlong. I really liked Furlong and he got some pretty bad injuries along the way. I remember going to a reserve game where he’d had to come off at half time and the bloke next to me suggested that it was a broken toenail. Turned out that muscle had come away from the bone (shin, I think) which was a bit gruesome.

This might rile people, but I think that there was perception of Furlong as a lazy black man, who probably got criticised for a ‘lack of effort’ far more than he should. I remember one game in which a ball was hopelessly over hit for him and was clearly going out of play, so he stopped running. The abuse that he got was fierce, so much so that he started running again for a cause that was clearly lost as soon as the ball was kicked. That really jarred with me.
Make Blues Great Again
09:15, Thu 23 Nov
Tam
The only thing thats lazy is your assumption that everyone who gave Furlong stick, must be a racist. The same tired old sentiment is rung out every time Furs gets a mention, on here.