13:02, Wed 22 Nov
Quite the opposite perhaps, the results at DC United did in no way reflect such a work ethic.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
14:44, Wed 22 Nov
I don't think it is binary as that.

If you are putting no work in then you can expect results to be bad - most people couldn't wing it.

The fact that he has put effort in previously but not got the desired results, well, that happens. It is reassuring to hear that he has a good work ethic as that will not be his failing, that would be down to other factors but hopefully does not become realised. Though arguably he did get results at DC. I haven't studied them in any depth but apparently, they were atrocious and he improved them, possibly like JE did with us? He didn't improve them to any measure of success but I don't follow the MLS, I have no idea of the limitations on spending or the circumstances at DC. [www.espn.co.uk]

My thoughts were, international break, great, get to do some good work with the team. Then the realisation that the coaches, who it is whispered are the thinking behind WR, will be missing and then the news that the team has been given a break, it was disheartening. I thought it was a great opportunity to do some solid work and possibly help get WR's ideas across.

So going from disheartened to hearing that he possibly we will be putting some solid hours in is quite reassuring as the period would not be as wasted as I thought it would be.
14:47, Wed 22 Nov
Chris
The consensus when he was in the US was that he spent every second he was awake watching football. He lived with his coaches and they watched and analysed everything from there.

Now he's home, you'd expect him to spend some more time with his family, but I think it's fair to assume the work ethic is there and he'd be spending plenty of time working on plans for the rest of the season.

All that effort, for those results.

Poor bloke
15:20, Wed 22 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Chris
The consensus when he was in the US was that he spent every second he was awake watching football. He lived with his coaches and they watched and analysed everything from there.

Now he's home, you'd expect him to spend some more time with his family, but I think it's fair to assume the work ethic is there and he'd be spending plenty of time working on plans for the rest of the season.

All that effort, for those results.

Poor bloke

I'm sorry, at Blues we don't mock those who try their best.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
15:28, Wed 22 Nov
Nikola Zigic
I'm sorry, at Blues we don't mock those who try their best.

er yeah, we really do.
The cold never bothered me anyway
18:32, Wed 22 Nov
I think we’re about to enter a period of 17 matches before our next beak.

I’m like you not that bothered by it.
18:43, Wed 22 Nov
I think we’re about to enter a period of 17 matches before our next beak.

I’m like you not that bothered by it.

or you could say that this was the last chance for 17 matches to spend time with the players talking about his plans and explaining his goals, his interpretation of the formation etc etc
18:53, Wed 22 Nov
Do they not train or talk to each other for the next 17 matches then?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:57, Wed 22 Nov

It's the last break of its kind for 17 matches

.... we shall see, i really want Rooney to be a success, because that will mean Blues are successful. As yet i have nothing to base that on, which is why i'm invested totally in "faith"
18:59, Wed 22 Nov
Rags

So because we have matches to play he won’t spend time with the players talking about his plans and explaining his goals, his interpretation of the formation etc?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:00, Wed 22 Nov
Rags

So because we have matches to play he won’t spend time with the players talking about his plans and explaining his goals, his interpretation of the formation etc?

I would have preferred those things to happen sooner rather than later
19:15, Wed 22 Nov
And how do you know those things haven’t happened?
The fact we’ve taken one point from five games doesn’t mean Rooney et al have been sat with their feet up.
But you know that, don’t you?
Ethan Laird was incredibly upbeat after the Ipswich game I thought, talking about all the work that had gone on regarding the changes he’s trying to implement.
Now you can choose to ignore that or disbelieve it but, in the absence of any proof to the contrary, it’ll do for me.
19:16, Wed 22 Nov
The fact we’ve taken one point from five games doesn’t mean Rooney et al have been sat with their feet up.
Ethan Laird was incredibly upbeat after the Ipswich game I thought, talking about all the work that had gone on regarding the changes he’s trying to implement.
Now you can choose to ignore that or disbelieve it but, in the absence of any proof to the contrary, it’ll do for me.

ALL the players have had 9 days off ... only injured players have been to the training ground in those 9 days - have you read the start of the thread ?
19:20, Wed 22 Nov
Rags

ALL the players have had 9 days off ... only injured players have been to the training ground in those 9 days - have you read the start of the thread ?

One or two have been on international duty mate...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
19:26, Wed 22 Nov
Rags

One or two have been on international duty mate...

ALL the players have had 9 days off ... regardless of whether they were on International Duty or not