Not a fan of this at all. I think the bastards should be punished, not treated. However, I ASSUME that this has been discussed worked out with the sports science dickheads.

Individual fitness has been identified as a huge issue, so they have all been given individual plans to work on....with an emphasis on injury prevention which has also been identified, not least by many on here, as a huge problem.

Could be a masterstroke, could be a disaster, fecked if I know.

As for PR.....nonsense, who cares what a bunch of imterweb twerps think?
08:35, Wed 15 Nov
A number of the squad aren't here
Half the coaching staff aren't here
How the feck are they meant to work on shape etc when thats the case ?

Therefore all they would be doing is drills and fitness. So, aslong as they keep to their fitness up and don't do anything stupid, allow injuries to recover, with no risk of accidental training incidents - Alfie Chang, it could be just what we need to reset ourselves.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
08:49, Wed 15 Nov
Rasputin
Everbluesince92
Did you read the article?

This matches the policy of several Championship clubs, who see this break as a chance to pause for breath before an uninterrupted four-month run to the next international window.

How many of those other clubs have just changed managers with the new managing preferring to blame fitness for a series of dismal results?

And they've been given a tailored fitness plan. I'm sure they will continue to have contact with staff at the club or will be wearing their GPS trackers when out on runs etc so that their performance can still be tracked.

Do you want to have the players doing 14 days of consecutive marathons.

Put yourself in Sanderson's shoes. A while in advance (possibly even before the managerial change) you'll have known as per club policy that you're going to have time off in November. You book a holiday to tenerife with your family or friends. Last minute you get told you can't go and instead you'll be doing laps upon laps. I'd tell whoever it is to get effed and go anyway and take the repercussions/have my agent take care of it.

I understand fans are upset at the moment given what's happened, but players are still entitled to down time. They're back on Tuesday which still gives 4 days to work on shape and tactics back at Henley only now hopefully they will be fit enough/recovered from slight injuries.

I'd have maybe cut it down a bit to a week if it was me in charge but its not that deep given we know other sides are doing the same.
08:58, Wed 15 Nov
Everbluesince92
Rasputin
Everbluesince92
Did you read the article?

This matches the policy of several Championship clubs, who see this break as a chance to pause for breath before an uninterrupted four-month run to the next international window.

How many of those other clubs have just changed managers with the new managing preferring to blame fitness for a series of dismal results?

And they've been given a tailored fitness plan. I'm sure they will continue to have contact with staff at the club or will be wearing their GPS trackers when out on runs etc so that their performance can still be tracked.

Do you want to have the players doing 14 days of consecutive marathons.

Put yourself in Sanderson's shoes. A while in advance (possibly even before the managerial change) you'll have known as per club policy that you're going to have time off in November. You book a holiday to tenerife with your family or friends. Last minute you get told you can't go and instead you'll be doing laps upon laps. I'd tell whoever it is to get effed and go anyway and take the repercussions/have my agent take care of it.

I understand fans are upset at the moment given what's happened, but players are still entitled to down time. They're back on Tuesday which still gives 4 days to work on shape and tactics back at Henley only now hopefully they will be fit enough/recovered from slight injuries.

I'd have maybe cut it down a bit to a week if it was me in charge but its not that deep given we know other sides are doing the same.

That is a very valid point, at one the meet and greets with Bowyer he talked about now when you have an issue with a player the agent is straight on the phone to you. The days of hairdryer treatment etc are over.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:17, Wed 15 Nov
Rags
Never mind last November it was into the world cup break. I'm sure we never trained all the way through it though.

i don't know - and i wasn't trying to score points in the Rooney v Eustace debate --- all i know is that you have got a load of players who aren't "understanding" what is required of them, and what is expected of them, and how the manager wants them to play .... then if I was the manager i would be using every single opportunity to solve that.... at least on a couple of those 10 days

Perish the thought! Never crossed my mind.
09:32, Wed 15 Nov
I'm surprised that anyone's surprised, they were always going to be off, it's why all the talk of changing the style during the season via a mini pre-season was never going to happen, once the season starts they barely train, it's game, rest, shape, game, rest, shape, internationals, rinse and repeat, you do it in the summer or you wait, the only time you make a change is if the current system/style is a mess and someone needs to come in and tidy things up.
Happy Clapper
09:34, Wed 15 Nov
B_C_F_C
Rags
Rags
Now i assumed that all the Blues players not on international breaks at the moment would be spending time with Rooney, learning about what it is he wants, the new formation, motivational talks, tactics. no fear front foot football techniques ... etc and getting fitter fitter and fitter and even more fitter (since he says they ain't fit)

but ... i just read that they've ALL been given 10 days off (yes ALL players) and aren't expected back in until next Tuesday. They have personal diet sheets and are expected to keep fit etc ... but what the actual feck ?

As i said ... this is only what i've just read elsewhere - so i don't know if it's true ------ but if it is i'm pretty feckin' outraged by it

Anyone know the actual truth - for definite ?

If this is true it’s a massive pr blunder. Our defence has turned to rats and needs serious work and our coaches are absent. Our fitness levels are consistently being criticised and our players are given ten days off, diet sheets and told to keep themselves fit.

So no work on tactics or fitness is happening for ten days. Can’t believe that’s happening at any other club.

Oh, and whilst this inactivity is happening l wonder what the manager will be doing for the good of the team and in preparation for our next game ( which is pivotal for him imo.) Awful optics!!

Can confirm it's definitely true. There are pics of Dion Sanderson in Tenerife on Facebook posing for selfies with Blues fans and he confirmed to them that they all have the week off except those being treated for injury.

Well, one thing's for sure; Sheffield Wednesday players are not on holiday... their manager has described these two weeks as being a mini pre-season during which their players will be working hard...

Did wonder what Sheffield Wednesday would do. So they will be at it at our place. You can see the excuses already from WR if we get beat or draw.
Just looked on their socials. All other weeks they post tweets with pictures from training sessions.

Since the last game there's been no pictures of first team players on the training pitch.

I think they too are probably still on break since the weekend at least.
22:09, Thu 16 Nov
Rags
Now i assumed that all the Blues players not on international breaks at the moment would be spending time with Rooney, learning about what it is he wants, the new formation, motivational talks, tactics. no fear front foot football techniques ... etc and getting fitter fitter and fitter and even more fitter (since he says they ain't fit)

but ... i just read that they've ALL been given 10 days off (yes ALL players) and aren't expected back in until next Tuesday. They have personal diet sheets and are expected to keep fit etc ... but what the actual feck ?

As i said ... this is only what i've just read elsewhere - so i don't know if it's true ------ but if it is i'm pretty feckin' outraged by it

Anyone know the actual truth - for definite ?

If this is true it’s a massive pr blunder. Our defence has turned to rats and needs serious work and our coaches are absent. Our fitness levels are consistently being criticised and our players are given ten days off, diet sheets and told to keep themselves fit.

So no work on tactics or fitness is happening for ten days. Can’t believe that’s happening at any other club.

Oh, and whilst this inactivity is happening l wonder what the manager will be doing for the good of the team and in preparation for our next game ( which is pivotal for him imo.) Awful optics!!

Can confirm it's definitely true. There are pics of Dion Sanderson in Tenerife on Facebook posing for selfies with Blues fans and he confirmed to them that they all have the week off except those being treated for injury.

Further pics from same bloke - Sanderson spotted running in Tenerife - so at least he's doing what he's supposed to
08:04, Fri 17 Nov
The article makes the point that there now follows 4 intense months of games so this is a mid winter break. I wonder how many were encouraged to seek a January move as they no longer figure in the managers plans?
13:38, Tue 21 Nov
Should all be back today then
13:42, Tue 21 Nov
Pretty sure Rooney has been in Dublin over the weekend.
Fitness is rarely a real issue, it's usually just used by a new manager to buy themselves time.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:09, Tue 21 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Fitness is rarely a real issue, it's usually just used by a new manager to buy themselves time.

I dunno, a few players looked like they were blowing out their arses second half vs Ipswich.
16:38, Tue 21 Nov
10 days off - a just reward for the first 5 games

I know half of his staff are on international break, but I wonder what our Manager has been doing for 10 days?