12:15, Thu 15 Feb
As mentioned earlier I also remember a large Q of buses waiting after the game to ferry people away. Would be good to know why that that stopped or why it could not be re-introduced.

They manage it at Edgbaston with special shuttle buses and it works well, queues look massive but they move quickly. Space for a bus queue and a place to turn them around at St Andrews is the limiting factor here I reckon.

I don't get the insatiable appetite to driving to the ground tbh. St Andrews is incredibly easy to get to, if you live in the city and aren't physically incapable there is no reason why you shouldn't be on the buses or trains for weekend games.

It's just easier, often quicker and you haven't got the stresses of finding a space or whether you car will be fully intact by the time you get back.
12:36, Thu 15 Feb
Tbf coke zero and diet coke are very difficult to pour from a bottle.
12:39, Thu 15 Feb
Mozball
Le Mod
Newbs
A new stadium isn't going to have lots of car parking

Could they not put a car park under the stadium?
Bit of a safety hazard I would’ve thought. Spurs stadium only have a few for disabled access.

Underground car parks cost a huge amount too
12:40, Thu 15 Feb
Everbluesince92

No they aren’t. Tilt the cup / glass you’re pouring into and slowly straighten once you’re about half full.
12:41, Thu 15 Feb
The Guinness method
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
...thanks Dan, what are bugebears 🤣😂

Think we'll see a kick off delayed at St Andrews @ Knighthead Park message on Saturday, but hoping it's as smooth as it can be with the current set up 🤞😤
12:53, Thu 15 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
As mentioned earlier I also remember a large Q of buses waiting after the game to ferry people away. Would be good to know why that that stopped or why it could not be re-introduced.

They manage it at Edgbaston with special shuttle buses and it works well, queues look massive but they move quickly. Space for a bus queue and a place to turn them around at St Andrews is the limiting factor here I reckon.

I don't get the insatiable appetite to driving to the ground tbh. St Andrews is incredibly easy to get to, if you live in the city and aren't physically incapable there is no reason why you shouldn't be on the buses or trains for weekend games.

It's just easier, often quicker and you haven't got the stresses of finding a space or whether you car will be fully intact by the time you get back.

cant agree

nearest trains are moor st or new street - 30 minute walk away, Bordesley cant be relied on

its 2 buses for most, into the city centre then out.....would take me over an hour door to door and I live in B29 4 miles away

the main issue is getting away after the game, a 30 minute schlep to new st or try and find a bus that isnt packed after you've walked outside of the road closures or into digbeth...its a ball ache

30 minutes in the car is way less hassle...if it was easier and less hassle to use public transport people would do it more
12:53, Thu 15 Feb
El Mayor
Everbluesince92

No they aren’t. Tilt the cup / glass you’re pouring into and slowly straighten once you’re about half full.

From my one season of experience doing it, it was a pain no matter what tilt you had.

Not sure if it's the paper cups being more porous than glass, the fact it's from a bottle that's literally just been opened and so is at its most fizziest or that it had spent the morning being carted round the stadium from the main storage bar making it all shook up or a combination of all the above.

I used to open the next diet coke ready after serving one to try and eliminate some of the bubbles.
With correct training it shouldn’t be an issue, like pouring pints which they also seem incapable of doing.

I can’t blame them, as they clearly haven’t been shown, but it is mildly annoying. If someone orders a Guinness it shuts the whole operation down - again due to lack of training. The taps don’t help mind.
Gazball?
13:01, Thu 15 Feb
Everbluesince92

Dot see why they can't just give people the bottle without the lid, you're allowed to bring your own into the ground without a lid so they're obviously not banned.

I hope they end up putting in those self serve drinks dispensers in which give out cups with a chip in them. You're allowed one drink and one refill and then the chip in the cup stops the machine dispensing any more pop to that specific cup.

Must be cheaper than employing slow staff and the revenue generated by speed of service alone will be greater than anything. You can have them lined up all over the place so queuing times remain small.
13:01, Thu 15 Feb
pretty sure they are banned, its just our security isnt very good
KES
13:02, Thu 15 Feb
NouCamp
Tom TheProject Brady

cant agree

nearest trains are moor st or new street - 30 minute walk away, Bordesley cant be relied on

its 2 buses for most, into the city centre then out.....would take me over an hour door to door and I live in B29 4 miles away

the main issue is getting away after the game, a 30 minute schlep to new st or try and find a bus that isnt packed after you've walked outside of the road closures or into digbeth...its a ball ache

30 minutes in the car is way less hassle...if it was easier and less hassle to use public transport people would do it more

Nothings perfect and sometimes you have to accept some things that might be a bit of a hassle. Like the extra 10,000 will do and accept on Saturday.
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
...thanks Dan, what are bugebears 🤣😂

Think we'll see a kick off delayed at St Andrews @ Knighthead Park message on Saturday, but hoping it's as smooth as it can be with the current set up 🤞😤

Typo. I am fallible
14:01, Thu 15 Feb
NouCamp
Tom TheProject Brady

cant agree

Not sure if it has ever been studied but I would say the vast majority use public transport to get to the Blues. I'm sure this is the same for most sports venues
14:04, Thu 15 Feb
I have never ever driven to a home match

10-15 minute walk to the train station, 15 mins on train to New St, then walk up to the ground via the pub
Happy Clapper