14:34, Thu 15 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Everbluesince92
Tbf coke zero and diet coke are very difficult to pour from a bottle.

No they aren’t. Tilt the cup / glass you’re pouring into and slowly straighten once you’re about half full.

Dot see why they can't just give people the bottle without the lid, you're allowed to bring your own into the ground without a lid so they're obviously not banned.

I hope they end up putting in those self serve drinks dispensers in which give out cups with a chip in them. You're allowed one drink and one refill and then the chip in the cup stops the machine dispensing any more pop to that specific cup.

Must be cheaper than employing slow staff and the revenue generated by speed of service alone will be greater than anything. You can have them lined up all over the place so queuing times remain small.

This is such a small thing, but majorly pisses me off.
why is it we seem to be the only club ive been to where we aren't allowed to even have a bottle of pop for the kids without having it poured into a plastic cup which turns into mainly froth, then it gets taken back to the seat where it inevitably ends up getting spilt.
Ffs just give us a bottle and take the lid off if you have to, I promise my seven year old won't be launching it 300 metres across the pitch at the opposition fans.
14:55, Thu 15 Feb
A new ground won't have significant extra parking. Especially once you factor in the extra people turning up.
Apart from anything else there isn't room on the local roads to deal with the extra traffic.
I suppose we could snarl up Saltley, Ward End and Alum Rock even more than they they are currently.
The Ring Road is horrific before and after matches as it is.

I very much hope that good public transport infrastructure is built in to a new ground.
Regular trains to and from the city centre and hopefully a tram.
14:58, Thu 15 Feb
Newbs
Not sure if it has ever been studied but I would say the vast majority use public transport to get to the Blues. I'm sure this is the same for most sports venues

Club asked the question in the current survey so may not have in the past but certainly is being now.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
15:01, Thu 15 Feb
You’ll get fans giving the somewhat facetious point that maybe it’s not necessary for a pie and a pint at half time, but this kind of revenue is important to help the club remain sustainable.

It's not about what is necessary at a game. You have to make the entire experience as enjoyable as possible. Buying food and drink should be frictionless. Too often at Blues it has been the opposite.
A few times this season there have been very long ques at the kiosks on the Tilton 45 minutes before the game. On the one coldish night the queues were shorter but there was no hot water for drinks.
That is just poor. The club should be able to control this part much better and to improve it.

You can't guarantee a good game, but a good general experience makes people more likely to enjoy themselves.
15:11, Thu 15 Feb
I know the intentions of the survey are well meaning but I think the people most likely to take part are those who have complaints about parking at the moment

A quick Google search showed one study from Bielefeld University, Germany which showed 20% of journeys to the club in question were by car. This was a stadium based "downtown" with limited parking. I don't think the Blues figures would be dissimilar under a similarly researched survey
16:04, Thu 15 Feb
its a survey of STH's with numerous topics so shouldn't be skewed by negative parking issues,
16:07, Thu 15 Feb
Maybe we're talking about different surveys so apologies.I'm talking about the one created by Paul Delves discussing how people travel to the ground. It's open to anybody to fill in
16:11, Thu 15 Feb
ah yes different surveys
17:36, Thu 15 Feb
Westbo90
Tom TheProject Brady
Everbluesince92

No they aren’t. Tilt the cup / glass you’re pouring into and slowly straighten once you’re about half full.

Dot see why they can't just give people the bottle without the lid, you're allowed to bring your own into the ground without a lid so they're obviously not banned.

I hope they end up putting in those self serve drinks dispensers in which give out cups with a chip in them. You're allowed one drink and one refill and then the chip in the cup stops the machine dispensing any more pop to that specific cup.

Must be cheaper than employing slow staff and the revenue generated by speed of service alone will be greater than anything. You can have them lined up all over the place so queuing times remain small.

why is it we seem to be the only club ive been to where we aren't allowed to even have a bottle of pop for the kids without having it poured into a plastic cup which turns into mainly froth, then it gets taken back to the seat where it inevitably ends up getting spilt.
Ffs just give us a bottle and take the lid off if you have to, I promise my seven year old won't be launching it 300 metres across the pitch at the opposition fans.

Lids are attached to the bottle for recycling purposes these days anyway.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:06, Thu 15 Feb
Westbo90
Tom TheProject Brady
Everbluesince92

The problem is if they do it for your kid, they have to do it for everyone - and sadly, our club has a reputation for some unsavoury stuff. That reputation has a cost - namely that the safety advisory group can enforce bullshit like the wristbands in the safe standing area, pouring out bottles of coke etc.
18:19, Thu 15 Feb
Trains? What are they?
21:48, Thu 15 Feb
Newbs
Maybe we're talking about different surveys so apologies.I'm talking about the one created by Paul Delves discussing how people travel to the ground. It's open to anybody to fill in

Have you got a link for the Paul Delves survey ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
23:28, Thu 15 Feb
There is probably an obvious answer to this, but is there a reason kiosks can’t be open for the whole of the game? I went to see Bayer Leverkusen a couple of years ago and we just nipped for a beer when we wanted one, no real queues and it meant if we wanted a drink we could leave during the game for 5 minutes and risk missing a goal but knowing we would be gone for 5 minutes tops so could gamble.

Sure there’s some rule I don’t know about.

Obviously there were screens showing the game, so probably had a better view.
23:34, Thu 15 Feb
The only rule I know of is you can't have a drink when you are within sight of the pitch.