11:57, Thu 15 Feb
Bob
Bob
KES
His SOS to sell out Sunderland seems to have worked and got quite a lot of fair weathers interested.

Might be a good idea to do it again for 2024/2025 Season Tickets. Come out with a video asking for fans to buy season tickets with maybe a target of 20,000 as they make sense financially over the course of a season and will boost finances for the club. If he says it maybe these fair weathers will listen again?

Asking people to blindly shell out 37.50 is one thing, but however many hundreds for a ST?

For a product that’s historically shown it to be anything but value for money?

Have a day off.

But see, this is where I think there's a difference between your STH and (let's say) "potential STH" fans.

I've had a ST for 16 years now, started paying for it myself 6-7 years ago. I'm not saying that to be all "I'm a better fan than you" it's just a statement about my situation. I've never once regretted buying a ST. I've always felt I got value for money because even if the football is crap, the atmosphere is crap and I end up frustrated more Saturday nights than not, it's always been worth the money for me personally, always been good value for money. Especially with the 0% interest finance options which really helps to spread it out and take the pressure off.

Now you look at next season, we're most likely going to be in the championship again, we've got owners that have huge ambitions for the club, are already putting their money where their mouth is, we've got a bluenose CEO who, one significant eff up aside, has already done fantastic work off the pitch to improve things around the club. You've got a bluenose running the football side of the club in Craig Gardner who I think on the whole has also done a fantastic job, we're about to go into the summer with a small war chest to rebuild the squad that has repeatedly let us all down and recent recruitment hints that we'll get the vast majority of transfers spot on. And we've got a manager that's a good, likeable bloke, been promoted from this division before and the division below, has got the side already playing really good football and starting to control games and hopefully win a few more and get us mid table ready to push on.

Assuming ST prices remain the same - because I understand reluctance if they raise them - I can't as a STH see why it wouldn't be value for money. If you can't afford it that's different - I'll never ever knock anybody for that. But if you can't justify it, I question what more you want from the club. And if you want us to be in and around the playoffs before you buy one - that certainly makes you a fair weather fan. I'm sorry if that upsets you.
11:58, Thu 15 Feb
Bob
Bob
KES
His SOS to sell out Sunderland seems to have worked and got quite a lot of fair weathers interested.

Might be a good idea to do it again for 2024/2025 Season Tickets. Come out with a video asking for fans to buy season tickets with maybe a target of 20,000 as they make sense financially over the course of a season and will boost finances for the club. If he says it maybe these fair weathers will listen again?

Asking people to blindly shell out 37.50 is one thing, but however many hundreds for a ST?

Have a day off.

Yeah you're right, we shouldn't even try. Things will always be bad and there's no hope of anything ever getting better.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:01, Thu 15 Feb
Some of us would love an ST but can't due to work, family commitments meaning an ST just isn't an option.
People like to feel superior though, instead of just enjoying what they have for what it is.
Up the feckin Blues
Dan
12:05, Thu 15 Feb
Bob
Bob
KES

Have a day off.

Are you suggesting that they shouldn't encourage Blues fans to buy season tickets?
12:07, Thu 15 Feb
Dan
not sure whats 'blindly' about it either

you arent paying for a mystery box
KES
12:18, Thu 15 Feb
Yet they'll spend probably upwards of £60/£100 for one game but cant see the logic in buying a season ticket that works out at £18 per match over a season.

If you cant be arsed just be honest. 'But the car parking' feck off.

I really hope Wagner does it, puts a target out there of 20,000 and makes em squirm.
12:19, Thu 15 Feb
Bluesince62
Some of us would love an ST but can't due to work, family commitments meaning an ST just isn't an option.
People like to feel superior though, instead of just enjoying what they have for what it is.

Those same people who cry about STH having a 'superiority feel' will also cry about Blues not buying a striker on this forum...
12:20, Thu 15 Feb
HackneyBlue

I dunno, whenever Bacuna has got the ball I have no clue what’s coming next.
Gazball?
12:20, Thu 15 Feb
KES
KES
Yet they'll spend probably upwards of £60/£100 for one game but cant see the logic in buying a season ticket that works out at £18 per match over a season.

If you cant be arsed just be honest. 'But the car parking' feck off.

I really hope Wagner does it, puts a target out there of 20,000 and makes em squirm.

' I can't get signal in the ground to post on the SHA matchday thread'
12:22, Thu 15 Feb
Mozball
HackneyBlue

I dunno, whenever Bacuna has got the ball I have no clue what’s coming next.

part of the reason i love the bastard
12:28, Thu 15 Feb
Good post
12:29, Thu 15 Feb
KES
Season ticket holders -“ I’m considerably richer than yow” badge

Occasional attendees - “ Foppish dilettante” brooch
Well tbf the club did give us all a badge unique to STHs so we already have this.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:40, Thu 15 Feb
i don't know peoples financial circumstances nor am i to judge, however the parent and kid season ticket package in the main stand is an absolute no brainer and unbelievable value for money and i cannot believe that these season tickets did not sell out, maybe they will next season.
12:59, Thu 15 Feb
How about some outside of the box thinking from the club??

Something like a £200 10 match "season ticket" where you can pick and choose which 10 you go to but if you don't use them by the end of the season that's your issue? May attract more of the occasional attendees, limit it to 2500 available between the main stand, GML, GMU? Got to reserve a seat 10 days in advance etc or it's pot luck after that if you get in.