15:29, Thu 15 Feb
Dugarry21
Bluesince62
Some of us would love an ST but can't due to work, family commitments meaning an ST just isn't an option.
People like to feel superior though, instead of just enjoying what they have for what it is.

Those same people who cry about STH having a 'superiority feel' will also cry about Blues not buying a striker on this forum...

Or you could of course just totally ignore the point I'm making. Never mind.

Good shout mate.
I have a season ticket only because it suits me, I am getting a good price per game and I choose where I want to be seated. Also no faffing about with the ticket office/ telephone sales.
Everyone has their own reasons for buying / not buying one.
We shouldn’t really be judging people.
15:49, Thu 15 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Most love watching Blues but seriously it takes some effort with my ticker and money on my salary. If it was that good we’d take a lot more than just over a thousand to places like Blackburn, Cardiff and probably Hull on a midweek night in winter. It really is an effort after a full day at work.

It genuinely amazes me the amount of money some people spend following blues when they can't be earning that much to begin with.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
15:51, Thu 15 Feb
It certainly ain’t a cheap hobby.
You’d weep if you saw my take home pay 😁
Tony Fantastico
15:52, Thu 15 Feb
KES
Yet they'll spend probably upwards of £60/£100 for one game but cant see the logic in buying a season ticket that works out at £18 per match over a season.

If you cant be arsed just be honest. 'But the car parking' feck off.

I really hope Wagner does it, puts a target out there of 20,000 and makes em squirm.

... there's an alternative argument ....

by buying a season ticket at an average of £18 a game rather than stumping up £37.50 for every game you are depriving the club of money - why not call STHs , "revenue deprivers"
15:54, Thu 15 Feb
Rags
Yet they'll spend probably upwards of £60/£100 for one game but cant see the logic in buying a season ticket that works out at £18 per match over a season.

I really hope Wagner does it, puts a target out there of 20,000 and makes em squirm.

by buying a season ticket at an average of £18 a game rather than stumping up £37.50 for every game you are depriving the club of money - why not call STHs , "revenue deprivers"

You bought Blues TV, yet?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
With me not sleeping before the game I'm going to give the ale a miss mate, be a long day as it is. See you next time for a beer though 👍
Up the feckin Blues
KES
15:55, Thu 15 Feb
Rags

True, if we were selling out every week with 10,000 extra fans willing to pay £37,50.
15:57, Thu 15 Feb
Bluesince62
Some of us would love an ST but can't due to work, family commitments meaning an ST just isn't an option.
People like to feel superior though, instead of just enjoying what they have for what it is.

And that's absolutely fine I understand that, for some it's simply not an option and that's fine.

But for many, it absolutely is an option and they don't take it. I personally know several people who are all "I'm going to get a ST" and don't bother.

And for me it's not about feeling superior, I want more people to have STs because it makes the experience better and I think it gives us a better chance of success. It's frustrating to see fans who claim to be fans and don't bother coming down when it's about as exciting as it's been for as long as I can remember. Those who have legitimate reasons, whether it be money or other commitments, that's fine. But for those who said "I'm staying away until the Chinese are gone", "I'm staying away until the ground is fixed", "I'm staying away until Rooney's gone", "I'm staying away until we're pushing play-offs, don't want to watch us finish 17th every year" - that is incredibly frustrating, and fans who DO pay their hard earned money to go down and support whether it be through ST or game by game when they can make it or afford it are the ones I have much more respect for.

That being said, anyone who decides to come on board or come back on board is incredibly welcome. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to come over the last 10 years. But it'd be absolutely fantastic if we got 20k STH next year, there's no reason we shouldn't try to push those on the fence to fork out and see how they find it. I'm willing to bet it's a lot better than it was when they last had a season ticket.

"I want more people to have STs because it makes the experience better"

I know lots of STHs who don't go to every game, because it still works out cheaper over a season than paying on a game by game basis as long as you go to about 50% of the games - and you're guaranteed the same seat.

So simply having a shed load of STHs doesn't guarantee the ground is actually full ....

.... why not fine STHs who don't turn up to take their place £10 a game for making the ground look empty ?
15:58, Thu 15 Feb
Block27one
Dugarry21
Bluesince62

Those same people who cry about STH having a 'superiority feel' will also cry about Blues not buying a striker on this forum...

Or you could of course just totally ignore the point I'm making. Never mind.

Good shout mate.
I have a season ticket only because it suits me, I am getting a good price per game and I choose where I want to be seated. Also no faffing about with the ticket office/ telephone sales.
Everyone has their own reasons for buying / not buying one.
We shouldn’t really be judging people.

👍
Up the feckin Blues
15:59, Thu 15 Feb
Rags
Bluesince62

And that's absolutely fine I understand that, for some it's simply not an option and that's fine.

But for many, it absolutely is an option and they don't take it. I personally know several people who are all "I'm going to get a ST" and don't bother.

And for me it's not about feeling superior, I want more people to have STs because it makes the experience better and I think it gives us a better chance of success. It's frustrating to see fans who claim to be fans and don't bother coming down when it's about as exciting as it's been for as long as I can remember. Those who have legitimate reasons, whether it be money or other commitments, that's fine. But for those who said "I'm staying away until the Chinese are gone", "I'm staying away until the ground is fixed", "I'm staying away until Rooney's gone", "I'm staying away until we're pushing play-offs, don't want to watch us finish 17th every year" - that is incredibly frustrating, and fans who DO pay their hard earned money to go down and support whether it be through ST or game by game when they can make it or afford it are the ones I have much more respect for.

That being said, anyone who decides to come on board or come back on board is incredibly welcome. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to come over the last 10 years. But it'd be absolutely fantastic if we got 20k STH next year, there's no reason we shouldn't try to push those on the fence to fork out and see how they find it. I'm willing to bet it's a lot better than it was when they last had a season ticket.

I know lots of STHs who don't go to every game, because it still works out cheaper over a season than paying on a game by game basis as long as you go to about 50% of the games - and you're guaranteed the same seat.

So simply having a shed load of STHs doesn't guarantee the ground is actually full ....

.... why not fine STHs who don't turn up to take their place £10 a game for making the ground look empty ?

There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
15:59, Thu 15 Feb
Rags

Nope .... but i did give a shit load of money to the Blues Xmas charity project and bought all 3 of a friend's kids the new Blues shirt.
Bluesince62
With me not sleeping before the game I'm going to give the ale a miss mate, be a long day as it is. See you next time for a beer though 👍
👍
Tony Fantastico
KES
16:22, Thu 15 Feb
IanT
Rags
Bluesince62

But how many paid on the day and paid £30 on Wednesday? Why couldn’t they do there bit?
16:31, Thu 15 Feb
KES
Probably for many reasons that are eff all of anyone elses business.

This is quite a small time mentality, almost like you'd be happier if they didn't come back.
16:35, Thu 15 Feb
Rags
Rags

Nope .... but i did give a shit load of money to the Blues Xmas charity project and bought all 3 of a friend's kids the new Blues shirt.

💙
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023