09:16, Wed 20 Mar
Venus is a coach and a number 2, surely he would be an asset for a team in our circumstances. Do we not need all hands to the pump to try and arrest the shite situation we find ourselves in.

A highly rated number 2 would be great to have.

Being a number 2, wouldn't he be adaptable and just get on board with anything that GR wants to implement.

He is employed by the club, TM not being there makes little difference to his role.

A lot of people are saying this quite normal. Why is it quite normal? Will TM brought in players also be given a leave of absence, of course not, why would a TM coach be given a leave of absence.

It really is non-sensical. therefore, it must be down to other reasons

a) the club didn't think he could work with GR -
b) the club felt he would hinder GR in some way - erm, really, such an experience number 2 wouldn't just revert to his usual role while learning what GR wanted to to do with the team.
c) he didn't want to work under GR
d) GR didn't want him
e) the unique solution the club has come up with has pissed him off
f) shitloads of other reasons

For me, all of that is bullshit. He is employed by the club and should be doing all he can to help us out of the shite situation we are in.

Wherever this decision has come from, he would have been a valuable asset in helping us get out of this mess.

D) I just don't believe, if GR wants to put his foot down about coaches then there would be other movement, would he really single out just MV.

Its pointless speculating but I really don't understand the viewpoints of a few on this sub. Clearlu Venus would have been an asset to us in this very hard run in. An asset that is now lost.
09:22, Wed 20 Mar
Have to say I disagree, would cause confusion. Who is the leader? Totally different footballing philosophies (apparently) to boot.
09:23, Wed 20 Mar
Onel Hernandez
Venus is a coach and a number 2, surely he would be an asset for a team in our circumstances. Do we not need all hands to the pump to try and arrest the shite situation we find ourselves in.

A highly rated number 2 would be great to have.

Being a number 2, wouldn't he be adaptable and just get on board with anything that GR wants to implement.

He is employed by the club, TM not being there makes little difference to his role.

A lot of people are saying this quite normal. Why is it quite normal? Will TM brought in players also be given a leave of absence, of course not, why would a TM coach be given a leave of absence.

It really is non-sensical. therefore, it must be down to other reasons

a) the club didn't think he could work with GR -
b) the club felt he would hinder GR in some way - erm, really, such an experience number 2 wouldn't just revert to his usual role while learning what GR wanted to to do with the team.
c) he didn't want to work under GR
d) GR didn't want him
e) the unique solution the club has come up with has pissed him off
f) shitloads of other reasons

For me, all of that is bullshit. He is employed by the club and should be doing all he can to help us out of the shite situation we are in.

Wherever this decision has come from, he would have been a valuable asset in helping us get out of this mess.

D) I just don't believe, if GR wants to put his foot down about coaches then there would be other movement, would he really single out just MV.

Its pointless speculating
but I really don't understand the viewpoints of a few on this sub. Clearlu Venus would have been an asset to us in this very hard run in. An asset that is now lost.

Doesn't seem to have stopped you though.
09:23, Wed 20 Mar
I agree Albi , they WON’T be back !
09:26, Wed 20 Mar
You say it's " pointless speculating " but that's what most of what's posted (including your post ) is.
Unless of course you are are an ITK'er.
It states on the release that the course of action including MV stepping back was agreed by all involved to be the best for the Club at this time. Can't see any reason to doubt it.
09:45, Wed 20 Mar
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue
Reading through the many comments, I would suggest although your reasons are valid, they come in more 8,9,10.

Oh people will make up all sorts of reasons, but basically it's to do with his Villa connections.

As someone else mentioned on another thread, it's a bit like Brexit really - although folk come up with all sorts of nonsense about why they voted "leave", basically it was down to xenophobia (to use the more polite word).

You moaning about people not liking a manager for a reason you don’t understand?

Two words for you mate - Nikola Zigic.
Good morning Daniel. Long time no speak - I thought I'd put that right.

You're right of course - I had no idea Zigic was a villa fan as well!

Maybe not a DvB but your dislike of him is irrational.

My dislike of Rowett has more to do with him being a smarmy snake than which football team he allegedly supports, but you do you fella :)
OK, I think I've untangled the last part of that sentence, and it seems that you're implying that I dislike Rowett because he's a Villa fan!

I thought you knew me better than that Daniel! You must have missed the last bit of my original message on this thread - the bit about how petty some Blues fans can be with regard to the likes of Rowett, Eustace and the Gardners (among others).

Anyway, well done for putting your irrational loathing of Rowett to one side and writing an excellent article on the latest chapter of this barmy club's history. ;)
09:55, Wed 20 Mar
Jmac98765
Typhoontechie
Probably means Rowett is bringing so.eone in, Summerfield I imagine

Said in the John Percy article. Paul Robinson and Dave Carolan coming in.

I think people are misunderstanding the relationship between a manager and assistant. Look at TM and Venus, they've worked together for years. So it's definitely right for MV to step back to allow Rowett the freedom to work to his own methods.

However, despite what i've said, I do not want Paul Robinson back at the club. Anyone but him.
10:29, Wed 20 Mar
Was wondering if Rowett will do a press conference about the appointment or if they will leave it until just before the QPR game. Suppose it might be a bit difficult to know how to pitch it.
10:33, Wed 20 Mar
Sir Heisenberg
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue
Reading through the many comments, I would suggest although your reasons are valid, they come in more 8,9,10.

Oh people will make up all sorts of reasons, but basically it's to do with his Villa connections.

As someone else mentioned on another thread, it's a bit like Brexit really - although folk come up with all sorts of nonsense about why they voted "leave", basically it was down to xenophobia (to use the more polite word).

You moaning about people not liking a manager for a reason you don’t understand?

My dislike of Rowett has more to do with him being a smarmy snake than which football team he allegedly supports, but you do you fella :)
OK, I think I've untangled the last part of that sentence, and it seems that you're implying that I dislike Rowett because he's a Villa fan!

I thought you knew me better than that Daniel! You must have missed the last bit of my original message on this thread - the bit about how petty some Blues fans can be with regard to the likes of Rowett, Eustace and the Gardners (among others).

Anyway, well done for putting your irrational loathing of Rowett to one side and writing an excellent article on the latest chapter of this barmy club's history. ;)

No, you’ve missed the point. I have no idea how you feel about Rowett. I don’t really care either.
10:34, Wed 20 Mar
I don’t think there needs to be a standalone one, as it would be seen as more of an unveiling than it actually needs to be.
11:15, Wed 20 Mar
My Blue Heaven
I don’t think there needs to be a standalone one, as it would be seen as more of an unveiling than it actually needs to be.
Yeah,bit of a tricky one really .
12:32, Wed 20 Mar
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue

No, you’ve missed the point. I have no idea how you feel about Rowett. I don’t really care either.
Well, to be fair Daniel, you have to admit that the highlighted text above is a little difficult to decipher, and so it's no surprise that I missed your point.

But you've certainly missed mine.

And as for not caring about how I feel about GR, I just wish that you didn't care about how I feel about NZ neither, particularly as he's not relevant to the subject of the thread.

Anyway, it's been nice to catch up after all this time.

Don't be a stranger!
12:55, Wed 20 Mar
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue

What the eff have I done?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:14, Wed 20 Mar
Bluemarc81
albi
MV gone too. They ai t coming back are they?

My thoughts too. No explanation for that really, why would Venus need to have leave

There needs to be only one ‘gaffer’ as players aren’t the brightest bunch, so they need to know who to take instructions from.

Also, be a little more sympathetic towards MV, his best mate, and the person he has worked / played with for over 20 years is seriously ill; he agreed to take a job to help out the Club, and his mate, to ensure continuity. For whatever reason it hasn’t worked - perhaps he did not feel up to the task ?

The fact that the team have only secured 1 point from 6 matches has probably affected him mentally, and may have affected his relationship with TM, and he will feel responsible if TM wanted to rush back and was taken ill again.

Given all that I think it’s the right choice by the Club to give him some time off to recover physically and mentally, to return when his mate is fit and well.

I do find it quite disheartening, disappointing and disparaging with some of the comments made without looking at the bigger picture
13:16, Wed 20 Mar
👍👍👍