06:12, Wed 20 Mar
Good statement. Let's get on with it.

This.

You're all mad.
Fat Buddha CBE
I'm taking it completely at face value, why wouldn't you?

My only thought is whether Mowbray will want to return in the summer after a health scare at this age?

Venus going makes sense, I think it just adds confusion if he stays and has a different philosophy to Rowett. We are in panic stations.

Until we know otherwise we should simply just wish TM well and then welcome him and Val back in the summer to kick off our promotion push.

I did say that I was certain that TM would be involved in choosing the interim should we have one but was laughed out of the room for talking nonsense. Right again, I see.

Let's get behind Rowett, stay in the division, wave him off with the thanks he should have had last time and then look forward to the return of Tony Fantastico đź‘Ť

I wouldn’t take that statement at face value because I don’t trust them.

Who don’t you trust?
06:29, Wed 20 Mar
Ricky Blotto
Good statement. Let's get on with it.

This.

You're all mad.

This.

Makes sense for MV to step aside, totally different footballing philosophy - give the new leader space to work.

8 game mini season. Back the manager, he has kept us up before, he will do it again.

Up the effing Rowett.

Get well soon Mogga, get a proper rest and we will see you in the summer for the title charge.
07:27, Wed 20 Mar
tell you what it's gonna be one hell of a watch on Netflix
(if there is one being filmed)
07:35, Wed 20 Mar
Jmac98765
MNafti
Brilliant interim appointment, great manager at this level.

Wish TM well but this is the situation we’re in now and we have to find a way out of it.

100% agree. We're in dire straits and we've managed to get a experienced championship manager with an almost 40% win rate and already knows the club. Can't understand why some people are disappointed with this decision after what's happened in the last 6 games.

It's quite simple...

1. Apparently before he became a professional player and then manager he was a Villa fan.

2. Once he realised that the Club was being "run" by a bunch of (possibly criminal) nutjobs he took an interest in job offers from other, better run, clubs.

3. But mainly it's because he used to be a Villa fan.

That's how petty some of our fans are.
07:36, Wed 20 Mar
tell you what it's gonna be one hell of a watch on Netflix
(if there is one being filmed)

Episode 7:

'Bill the cameraman's first training session'
07:44, Wed 20 Mar
I don’t necessarily think they’re lying, if I thought they were lying I would have said so. I just don’t trust them, or, more specifically, I don’t trust Cook. So I’ll wait and see what transpires.
07:47, Wed 20 Mar
Reading through the many comments, I would suggest although your reasons are valid, they come in more 8,9,10.
I don’t necessarily think they’re lying, if I thought they were lying I would have said so. I just don’t trust them, or, more specifically, I don’t trust Cook. So I’ll wait and see what transpires.

To clarify a little bit. I know nothing about Cook. I don’t know any secrets. I just don’t trust any senior managers, anywhere.
08:35, Wed 20 Mar
sheffield blue
Reading through the many comments, I would suggest although your reasons are valid, they come in more 8,9,10.

Oh people will make up all sorts of reasons, but basically it's to do with his Villa connections.

As someone else mentioned on another thread, it's a bit like Brexit really - although folk come up with all sorts of nonsense about why they voted "leave", basically it was down to xenophobia (to use the more polite word).
08:37, Wed 20 Mar
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue

Oh people will make up all sorts of reasons, but basically it's to do with his Villa connections.

As someone else mentioned on another thread, it's a bit like Brexit really - although folk come up with all sorts of nonsense about why they voted "leave", basically it was down to xenophobia (to use the more polite word).

You moaning about people not liking a manager for a reason you don’t understand?

Two words for you mate - Nikola Zigic.
08:52, Wed 20 Mar
Snoop
Rab C Nesbitt
Belgrade Blue
OltonBlue
How on earth have you both got this take from that statement?

It's not a particularly difficult or incomprehensible deduction.

They don't rate Venus. Make of that what you will
Or Venus doesn’t want to work with anyone else

Probably just making the structure really clear for the players.
So they know they're in a Rowett team, not a Mowbray one.

Some people seem desperate to over read into what is happening. Seems pretty clear now we get 8 games of Rowettball, after that we have no idea.

Absolutely this. Keeps it nice and simple for the players which you imagine is what they need. And for those who are not gonna be here next season a manager who isn't either, so there's some empathy which Rowett is gonna have to use to his best advantage. Won't be easy though.

And I doubt the owners are sure yet what's gonna happen next season but like many of us are thinking let's just make sure we stay up first.
09:00, Wed 20 Mar
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue

You moaning about people not liking a manager for a reason you don’t understand?

Good morning Daniel. Long time no speak - I thought I'd put that right.

You're right of course - I had no idea Zigic was a villa fan as well!
09:01, Wed 20 Mar
As TM and MV arrived as a team it makes sense for them to step aside for now as a team.If for any sad reason Tony isn't able to come back it is obvious that Venus wont be in the frame for the job and would probably step aside as number 2 by anyone new coming in,
Also it might not work for Rowett having to work with an assistant with completely different styles to him.
Don't really see what different the club could have done at this present time ,given that Venus has looked like a man who really doesn't want to be in charge for the last couple of games.
Cock ups have no doubt been made but the Club couldn't have foresaw TM's illness .
Not really interested in all the speculation about why Rowett was sacked last time as I am not one of the many ITK'ers on here but I just think it's time to get behind him and hope it goes as well as last time he arrived when we were in a similar mess and then worry about next season when we see where we are and how well Tony has recovered
Get well soon Tony and in the meantime Welcome Gary
09:15, Wed 20 Mar
Sir Heisenberg
El Mayor
Sir Heisenberg
sheffield blue

Good morning Daniel. Long time no speak - I thought I'd put that right.

You're right of course - I had no idea Zigic was a villa fan as well!

Maybe not a DvB but your dislike of him is irrational.

My dislike of Rowett has more to do with him being a smarmy snake than which football team he allegedly supports, but you do you fella :)