18:10, Mon 22 Apr
Birmingham City footballer Dion Sanderson will appear in court on a drink-driving charge, West Midlands Police have confirmed

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Dion Sanderson to appear in court on drink-driving charge.

WMP Statement:

“Dion Sanderson, 24, has been charged with drink driving and will appear before magistrates in Birmingham on 30 April. He has been bailed until that date.”

Club Statement:

"The club was informed by West Midlands Police early last week that Dion Sanderson had been charged in relation to a drink-driving offence. Sanderson reported the incident to club officials on the same day.

"As a result, disciplinary action was taken by the club and the decision was made to remove the Men’s First Team captaincy from the Blues defender for the remainder of the season.

"Sanderson has apologised to his teammates for his gross error in judgement and accepts full responsibility for his actions. The matter has been dealt with internally and no further comment will be made at this time."

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
18:13, Mon 22 Apr
Sell the moron
18:15, Mon 22 Apr
Well there's your answer as to why he's no longer the captain. Blokes always out totting, hopefully this will be a lesson learned for him.
18:31, Mon 22 Apr
Something wrong in the dressing room if any player thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable. What other misdemeanours do they think they can get away with? Hope he gets fined the maximum allowable by the club. Teams nowadays can't afford to have players doing this kind of thing.

The team is in disarray and facing relegation and the first team captain has his sights set elsewhere.
Yikes. Speaks volumes.
18:34, Mon 22 Apr
JayDee
Something wrong in the dressing room if any player thinks this kind of behaviour is acceptable. What other misdemeanours do they think they can get away with? Hope he gets fined the maximum allowable by the club. Teams nowadays can't afford to have players doing this kind of thing.

The team is in disarray and facing relegation and the first team captain has his sights set elsewhere.

Sanderson was banned from driving for six months last year cos he was racking up speeding tickets

[www.expressandstar.com]
18:36, Mon 22 Apr
Could be a hefty one as I'm sure he's had his license revoked in the past for the same offence
18:36, Mon 22 Apr

I'm not going to judge until i know the full details - which will come out in court .... but i really really dislike people who drink and drive
18:37, Mon 22 Apr
Could be a hefty one as I'm sure he's had his license revoked in the past for the same offence

no ... just for speeding i believe
18:38, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

!!
We've only got Chewits
18:41, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

!!

point taken .. bad words .... and "only" doesn't work either .... "no, solely for speeding"
18:43, Mon 22 Apr
History of speeding and drink driving in high performance car...good job we're reading about him being caught by the Police not anything worse
Arrogance, selfishness and stupidity. No wonder we are where we are.
18:45, Mon 22 Apr
D.S
And he's supposed to be our on field "leader" you can see why it's gone to shit