Stansfield, Bacuna and Miyoshi. That's it. The rest should stay at home.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
19:24, Mon 22 Apr
Drink driving is inexcusable, putting people at risk for his own convenience. He’s been caught, but you wonder if he’s done this before 🤔 it certainly wouldn’t surprise me. The club should sack him.
Super Hans
Rags
back on topic..Sanderson is in the wrong and deserves his punishment[/b]

Correction ... "it appears Sanderson is in the wrong and, if so, deserves his punishment"

He’s admitted it though?

No, he's told the club he's been arrested for it - not the same thing.
19:24, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

Correction ... "it appears Sanderson is in the wrong and, if so, deserves his punishment"

He’s admitted it though?

Where did you get that from ? ... he hasn't been to court yet .... he told the club he'd been charged with drunk driving .... that's all we know
19:26, Mon 22 Apr
Yeah reading that he's clearly a mug. Read he was up arcadian after the game too, so clearly hasn't let the charge affect him.

Start Roberts from now on, if we go down because of it so be it.
Gazball?
El Mayor
Super Hans
Rags

He’s admitted it though?

Sanderson has apologised to his teammates for his gross error in judgement and accepts full responsibility for his actions. The matter has been dealt with internally and no further comment will be made at this time.

I’m not one for apologising and accepting responsibility for something I haven’t owned up to.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:27, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

What circumstances would it make it excusable?

I'd be happy to see his contract torn up, captain of a football club in the middle of a relegation fight and he's making these decisions.

I will wait until i know the facts ....

... but ... far fetched scenario .... i think if he had been home all night, then popped out to move his car from the road onto his drive and the police saw him and approached him and he was 1mg above the limit then, as well as the court decision a very heavy club fine would suffice.

Now I DOUBT there is such mitigation ... but at least i will wait to hear some facts

I know someone who was nicked doing that. Guess what, they didn’t get away with it.
19:27, Mon 22 Apr
Super Hans
El Mayor
Super Hans
Rags

He’s admitted it though?

Sanderson has apologised to his teammates for his gross error in judgement and accepts full responsibility for his actions. The matter has been dealt with internally and no further comment will be made at this time.
Beat me to it
19:28, Mon 22 Apr
El Mayor
Super Hans
Rags

He’s admitted it though?

I’m not one for apologising and accepting responsibility for something I haven’t owned up to.

Hmmm ... you may have a point ... sorry

Let's hear the full details first though.
19:28, Mon 22 Apr
Stansfield, Bacuna and Miyoshi. That's it. The rest should stay at home.

Ruddy can be the driver
19:31, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

I'd be happy to see his contract torn up, captain of a football club in the middle of a relegation fight and he's making these decisions.

... but ... far fetched scenario .... i think if he had been home all night, then popped out to move his car from the road onto his drive and the police saw him and approached him and he was 1mg above the limit then, as well as the court decision a very heavy club fine would suffice.

Now I DOUBT there is such mitigation ... but at least i will wait to hear some facts

I know someone who was nicked doing that. Guess what, they didn’t get away with it.

... and neither should they ... but even IF found guilty there are "degrees" and possible mitigation to hear before people demand he is kicked out of the club.

PS ... so do i ... could well be the same person
19:31, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

Okay you're probably a fairer person than me, but drink driving is a slam dunk. The fact that he has

"apologised to his teammates for his gross error in judgement and accepts full responsibility for his actions.

doesn't seem like it was a similar sitution to the one you potentially described either.
Gazball?
19:33, Mon 22 Apr
I get what he has done is massively wrong.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Is berating him on social media right now really going to help our cause?
19:34, Mon 22 Apr
Rags

Okay you're probably a fairer person than me, but drink driving is a slam dunk. The fact that he has

"apologised to his teammates for his gross error in judgement and accepts full responsibility for his actions.

doesn't seem like it was a similar sitution to the one you potentially described either.

No, it doesn't SEEM like it.

But we have a court system for a reason and it's something i believe in and i will wait and hear the details before demanding he is sacked from the club

IF it is the situation that everyone seems to be making assumptions of, ie going out, getting pissed, driving home, getting stopped, giving a positive breathalyser reading and blood reading then i will be calling for him to be sacked as well.
19:35, Mon 22 Apr
No need to apologise me old fruit.

If it’s all legit (and I’d be amazed if it’s not) then I’d bin him straight out the squad and stick Roberts in. Relegation be damned, can’t be dealing with selfish chunts.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.