Rab C Nesbitt
FattyBumBum
Like Wycombe did
Live scores stats. Versus us
Norwich 14 shots , Blues 5.
Possession 73-27
Corners 6-3.

Versus Wycombe 15-6 (Still 9 more)
Possession 76-24 (more Norwich possession than against us)
Corners 10-6 (4 more than Wycombe. 3 more against us)
Hardly suggests Wycombe went toe to toe 😂

Whooosh
15:29, Mon 26 Oct
Why whooosh?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
15:34, Mon 26 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
FattyBumBum
Like Wycombe did
Live scores stats. Versus us
Norwich 14 shots , Blues 5.
Possession 73-27
Corners 6-3.

Versus Wycombe 15-6 (Still 9 more)
Possession 76-24 (more Norwich possession than against us)
Corners 10-6 (4 more than Wycombe. 3 more against us)
Hardly suggests Wycombe went toe to toe 😂

This is what I'm talking about. Had Hogan scored and we'd won 1-0, nobody would be saying shit. It's such ridiculous, fine margins that are the source of these massive overreactions.
15:35, Mon 26 Oct
Spike
number8
I don't believe any manager would ever go and apologise for how his team set up. Its cobblers or there's been a mis-intepretation somewhere. Or someone's playing silly buggers.

Yep, I'm like you - calling bullshit on this one.

No manager - let alone Karanka, is going to apologise for going to Norwich with the players they've got and trying to keep it tight.

I think a lot of the reaction from fans to our set-up at Norwich was a bit hysterical to be honest, I certainly can't see Karanka apologising for it.

Yeah, it was starting to get hysterical after about five minutes of the game. I can't see Karanka apologising either. Why on earth should he? We almost came away with a hard-fought point and arguably, if it wasn't for the sending off then we would have.
The Belle of St. Trillions
16:08, Mon 26 Oct
You'd think that Norwich were the Brazilian side of 1982 by the way that some of our fans have spoken about them before, during and after our game with them.

When we met, they'd only won one more game than us this season.

You can crunch the figures with the Wycombe game but they went away and scored a goal against them. If the quotes are true, our manager went there with the intention of not scoring a goal.

It makes it sound like we were away in the cup to Man City or Liverpool or something. Yes Norwich have some good players, but we played into their hands by having no intention of countering or having a go ourselves.

We gave a better account of ourselves against QPR, but the narrative that we were unlucky against Norwich is pretty untrue. They could've been a few up in the first half and had a goal disallowed for offside which looked quite close, before they actually scored.

We weren't unlucky to lose at all.

The quotes are strange. Everyone knows what to expect from Karanka so can't see why he would've apologised, unless he was apologising for the crazy final few minutes where Cantwell was hacked 3 or 4 times.

But it was plain to see we went there with little intention to attack. We don't need supporting quotes for that.
16:13, Mon 26 Oct
I do wonder what some were expecting , after the 6 months of last season when we were horrific.
Is it just me who expected us to address us shipping goals first and foremost under Karanka, and to have as many a points as we have or less?
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:22, Mon 26 Oct
Brilliant post. Meat and two veg football with a Spanish accent.
16:25, Mon 26 Oct
Also if you haven't seen the Wycombe goal it came about by virtue of a calamitous mix up between Hanley and Krul - the sort of goal that never seems to fall our way apart from on Obafemi day

KRO - SOTV
16:25, Mon 26 Oct
David Xavis
In all fairness had we gone toe to toe with them, we'd have lost 6-0.

If as a manager you're having to apologise to your opposite number then I'd imagine it's fair to say we were too negative.

I would imagine IF it was said..(I don’t trust that Farke bastard) it was said ironically, with a little smirk.

Sorry, not sorry, that kind of thing.
16:29, Mon 26 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
I do wonder what some were expecting , after the 6 months of last season when we were horrific.
Is it just me who expected us to address us shipping goals first and foremost under Karanka, and to have as many a points as we have or less?

But did you expect us to have scored more than three goals in eight games and not one from open play??
16:30, Mon 26 Oct
Yes. I also expected us to have conceded more than 5 in 8 , and only 2 from open play.
16:31, Mon 26 Oct
Did you expect Juke to be stupid enough to catch covid?
16:33, Mon 26 Oct
LH_4
You'd think that Norwich were the Brazilian side of 1982 by the way that some of our fans have spoken about them before, during and after our game with them.

When we met, they'd only won one more game than us this season.

You can crunch the figures with the Wycombe game but they went away and scored a goal against them. If the quotes are true, our manager went there with the intention of not scoring a goal.

It makes it sound like we were away in the cup to Man City or Liverpool or something. Yes Norwich have some good players, but we played into their hands by having no intention of countering or having a go ourselves.

We gave a better account of ourselves against QPR, but the narrative that we were unlucky against Norwich is pretty untrue. They could've been a few up in the first half and had a goal disallowed for offside which looked quite close, before they actually scored.

We weren't unlucky to lose at all.

The quotes are strange. Everyone knows what to expect from Karanka so can't see why he would've apologised, unless he was apologising for the crazy final few minutes where Cantwell was hacked 3 or 4 times.

But it was plain to see we went there with little intention to attack. We don't need supporting quotes for that.

I didn't say that we were unlucky to lose - Norwich were the better side by far. I'm assuming that you were replying to me by the way. What I did say was that we could have come away with a hard-fought draw, and that it was likely that that would have been the outcome of not for the sending off. I really don't think that anyone would compare Norwich with any version of the national Brazilian team, but they're more inventive than we are, that's for sure. We're still finding our feet with a new squad. Norqwich are a good side at this level - currently they look more accomplished as a team than we do. No surprise there.
The Belle of St. Trillions
16:36, Mon 26 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Yes. I also expected us to have conceded more than 5 in 8 , and only 2 from open play.

I'll agree with that statement
16:42, Mon 26 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt

I'm not saying anything about Karanka's managerial reign so far, or what I think it could be. It's way too early to answer either of those questions and it's certainly too early to judge how the season will compare to last season, albeit you'd expect that it can't really be much worse apart from relegation, so yes, I think it was always going to be better than last season.

But that doesn't mean that we can't have isolated views on each game as it when it plays out and the method in which it plays out.

I don't think many expected us to beat Norwich and I'd imagine the game played out as most would've expected, very little flair and being "hard to break down" which is becoming the new club motto.

But to go into any game at this level (a league where anybody can beat anybody) seeing 0-0 as a tangible success before a ball has been kicked in my opinion isn't what I'd hoped from a manager with the calibre of Karanka. They're not as good as Brentford IMO and we actually had a plan against them and beat them, picking up a clean sheet in the process?

Yes it's nice that it took Norwich so long to score a goal against us, but with very little intent of scoring ourselves, 1 goal was always going to bury us. Added to the fact that as previously pointed out, Norwich were barely in gear and had only won 1 more game than us, yes I'd have liked to see us have some sort of plan ourselves to try and score.

We weren't even trying to win set pieces high up the pitch or getting shots off to try and force corners. We were very content to just stay in our half. Although I find it bizarre that Karanka would apologise, if it is true then it validates the criticism really.