newblue
the Kevin Langley fan club
newblue
Dear Wayun,

You can have the first 5 games on me. Feck it. 0 points is ok if you can get the lads better equipped for "no fear" football.

Then you get an international break and 10 games until the fa cup "break". 10 points from that should be achievable.

After that (and the Jan window) we need to start seriously improving or you can feck off.

I didn't want you, and I think you're shit but prove me wrong and I'll gladly eat humble pie.

Best wishes

Kevin

Dear Kevin

Thanks for the ‘unqualified’ support. I don’t want you and I think you’re shit too.

Try expanding your vocabulary.

Best wishes

Wayne

Dear Wayun,

Thanks for the writing tip. On reflection, I'm very happy with my original choice of words, they communicate my thoughts very precisely.

If you don't want me (?) and think I'm shit too, I can happily live with that. Mainly because I'm not the one charged with improving our form and results on the pitch.

Trying making points that are actually relevant.

Best wishes

Kevin

Dear Kev (I think I can call you that now)

Thanks for setting out the standards I need to achieve. I’ve passed it on to my employers and they’ve asked me to pass on their appreciation. They promised they’ll check back with you before sacking me though they do agree with my evaluation. Phew, they’re still backing me. Someone has to!

So pleased to hear you are reaching the level of consciousness where your awareness of self is such that you can reflect on it. Promising signs of evolution I think.

I’ll keep feeding your response through the Chatbox - sorry if my other reply was a bit dismissive of your phraseology, that’s technology for you though.

Assuring you I am doing me best and working ceaselessly to rise above the level of ‘shit’,

Wayne xx

Ps KRO

Dear Wayun,

I think you're trying too hard to be clever now (and failing quite badly).

As a result, I shall be entering into no further correspondence with you in this matter.

With thanks for you time anyway,

Best wishes

'Kev'
Dear Kev

Sorry if I’m appearing to be a clever clogs, but I am just a thick fat scouser underneath. But I guess that’s hard for you Birningum people to see.

It’s sad you feel our correspondence has to end, I was learning so much from it. You know, things like if you give it out, you have to be able to take it back, that sort of thing.

Let’s hope those useless dolts I’ve inherited can sort themselves out on the pitch because as you have already twigged I haven’t got an effing clue otherwise.

Farewell, or is it au revoir

Wayne
Nikola Zigic
I've never known Blues fans actively take the piss out of their own manager after such a short period of time. Our fan base has become absolutely pathetic. Maybe they should all eff off to villa park.

Classic "I can't deal with other people have different views to my own"

To explain, people are pissed off cos they feel JE shouldn't have been sacked and WR - based on his track record and actions so far - isn't going to improve things.

People are allowed to vent, especially when you consider that after 13 years of idiots in charge we're now supposed to have people running the club who know what they're doing - that just makes the decision all the more frustrating.

If you're in the "he's our gaffer and we gotta back him" camp, fair play - there's nowt wrong with that.

But we don't all have to join you.

Another post you didn't read.

You don't have to back him but not backing him doesn't mean it's ok to take the piss out of him.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:00, Sat 28 Oct
There seems to be a trend developing here for posters to be angry/annoyed/insulting to our “fans”. I keep reading things like “we have some real Morons following our club”.

What that boils down to is people being angry that other people don’t think like they do. And venting that anger through here. A football club is always going to be a very poor method to link with like minded people. The only thing we have in common if that we support the Blues. Or at least some people apparently should “just F off to villa park”.

It seems like some people posting here are putting themselves up as the arbiter of who is a suitable fan. Maybe we should all be interviewed by these few to see if we fit in with their view of what’s correct.

It’s all getting a bit “thought police” for me. People have to accept that there are different views out there. No Blues fan is better than any other. And to be surprised that we have supporters who get a bit lairy and shout at the manger. Really? This is Birmingham City. Not Fulham. Are people aware of our history and demographics? Real the label.

It’s a personal shame for me because I’m very isolated up here and the club means so much to me. Both my Grandfathers started me off, and all my life has been living the ups and downs of this club. My grandad had cancer and I took him down for his last game. We won 1-0 and he shed a tear. A big thing for an old school man who didn’t show his emotions. This club is deep in my whole being. It’s more than just football. It’s family and history and love.

Will people please stop saying F Off to villa park. We should be respecting each other. This forum (which was once a great way for me to feel a warm glow of being Blues) is now a cesspit of petty, inane and outright hostile hatred.

I don’t think I’ll post or read anymore.
10:03, Sat 28 Oct
Hey by all means if you think the treatment he got Wednesday is ok then good for you.

I'd say it's less being a proper fan and more being a decent human being.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Wayne Effing Rooney
Nikola Zigic
I've never known Blues fans actively take the piss out of their own manager after such a short period of time. Our fan base has become absolutely pathetic. Maybe they should all eff off to villa park.

Classic "I can't deal with other people have different views to my own"

To explain, people are pissed off cos they feel JE shouldn't have been sacked and WR - based on his track record and actions so far - isn't going to improve things.

People are allowed to vent, especially when you consider that after 13 years of idiots in charge we're now supposed to have people running the club who know what they're doing - that just makes the decision all the more frustrating.

If you're in the "he's our gaffer and we gotta back him" camp, fair play - there's nowt wrong with that.

But we don't all have to join you.

Another post you didn't read.

You don't have to back him but not backing him doesn't mean it's ok to take the piss out of him.

Oh I see. You don't object to people holding different views to you but you DO object to how they do it.

Mate, it's a free country. If people wanna take the piss, people can take the piss. It's really not your place to tell them otherwise IMO.

Of course, you yourself must've never taken the piss out of anyone......
Tam
10:24, Sat 28 Oct
To be fair, I don't think that anyone with a sense of decency would think that it's OK to hurl abuse at someone else who's just joined our club and is trying to do a job for the club. Regardless of anyone's feelings about his appointment, that's not really acceptable behaviour is it? T
Make Blues Great Again
Wayne Effing Rooney
Hey by all means if you think the treatment he got Wednesday is ok then good for you.

I'd say it's less being a proper fan and more being a decent human being.

Just curious, but does your "being a decent human being" criteria allow for calling one of our players "a disgrace" like you have on another thread on here?
10:27, Sat 28 Oct
Tam
This
10:27, Sat 28 Oct
HighlandBlues
We should be respecting each other. This forum (which was once a great way for me to feel a warm glow of being Blues) is now a cesspit of petty, inane and outright hostile hatred.

Bit of a contradiction. Its fine for fans to be petty and outright hostile to a new manager in his home debut because thats what type of club we are, but you're going to stop reading this forum because you dont like fans doing it to other fans?
Do you think saying ‘I think you’re Shit’ - referring to ‘Wayun’ is ‘taking the piss’’? Asking for a friend.

I suppose different people find different things funny (see earlier correspondence). You are entitled to your opinion but it’s hard to get much out of that when it’s someone is ‘sh*t’. And actually people like me and others have our opinions too, which I shan’t bother repeating as it’s obvious what they are, and are ‘entitled’ to express them. As you say, it’s a free country.
10:32, Sat 28 Oct
Tam
Tam
To be fair, I don't think that anyone with a sense of decency would think that it's OK to hurl abuse at someone else who's just joined our club and is trying to do a job for the club. Regardless of anyone's feelings about his appointment, that's not really acceptable behaviour is it? T

Personally, I don't think anyone should be abused at a football match. And I include the opposition and officials in that. I think it's disrespectful, childish and pathetic.

That said, I understand that people do it because they care and they are passionate about their clubs. Rooney gets paid more than enough money to take it and let's be honest it was only a handful of people. He's not gonna lose any sleep is he? A total non-issue IMO.
newblue
Do you think saying ‘I think you’re Shit’ - referring to ‘Wayun’ is ‘taking the piss’’? Asking for a friend.

I suppose different people find different things funny (see earlier correspondence). You are entitled to your opinion but it’s hard to get much out of that when it’s someone is ‘sh*t’. And actually people like me and others have our opinions too, which I shan’t bother repeating as it’s obvious what they are, and are ‘entitled’ to express them. As you say, it’s a free country.

Yes I very much was "taking the piss". I don't rate Rooney at all hence, yes, I called him "shit" because that's exactly what I think.

I also said I hope he proves me wrong. Because I do.

That was all pretty self-explanatory.
That said, I understand that people do it because they care and they are passionate about their clubs. Rooney gets paid more than enough money to take it and let's be honest it was only a handful of people. He's not gonna lose any sleep is he? A total non-issue IMO.

Were all passionate and care for blues, thats why were on this forum on a Saturday morning. Thats not an excuse to be abusive.

And I hate the 'rich so he can take it' argument. So toxic.
Tam
10:39, Sat 28 Oct
Tam

Personally, I don't think anyone should be abused at a football match. And I include the opposition and officials in that. I think it's disrespectful, childish and pathetic.

I agree with your first sentence totally, to the word. But - I don't think that anyone, even if they're well-paid, should have to take it. I think (from what I can gather) it was a substantial minority) and there was quite a bit of anti-Rooney sentiment coming from the stands - the Tilton in particular, from my vantage point in the Main Stand. I don't think that it was a non-issue, because it showed a side of our support that I'd not seen before. The abuse aside, we've always been pretty good at supporting managers - perhaps a little too patient at time. This was something else - whether the club was to blame for the way it was handled, perhaps social media for whipping up a storm, I don't know. All that I do know is that, as you say, it was disrespectful, childish and pathetic. I was surprised and dismayed to see the vitriol that was evident - and all this during a manager's first home game. I'm still gobsmacked by it, to be honest.
Make Blues Great Again