08:41, Thu 9 Nov
Any guys over 50, I urge you to get a PSA test for Prostate Cancer. I’m 67 and had one because my friend had been diagnosed. I was also diagnosed with Locally Advanced Cancer in May. Been on Hormone Therapy for 6 months and now starting 7 1/2 weeks of Radiotherapy. Only symptoms was going for a pee a lot. I only went because someone on this board had been through it. Then he told my best mate at a match who is also on here and he was diagnosed with it.
Doctors don’t automatically test or push for it.
My advice may save your life. If it saves one life I’ll be happy.
KRO
08:45, Thu 9 Nov
Best of luck with your treatment. KRO
08:45, Thu 9 Nov
You and Gibbo will be fine matey. Well done for spreading the word
08:59, Thu 9 Nov
Great advice. I'm 63 and was diagnosed with early stage in May. In my 4th month of hormone treatment at the moment and waiting for my Radiotherapy to be confirmed. I've been having PSA tests since my mid 50s. A simple blood test can save your life. Do it guys. 👍
09:08, Thu 9 Nov
S TQ
Any guys over 50, I urge you to get a PSA test for Prostate Cancer. I’m 67 and had one because my friend had been diagnosed. I was also diagnosed with Locally Advanced Cancer in May. Been on Hormone Therapy for 6 months and now starting 7 1/2 weeks of Radiotherapy. Only symptoms was going for a pee a lot. I only went because someone on this board had been through it. Then he told my best mate at a match who is also on here and he was diagnosed with it.
KRO

Good luck old boy. I had the same as you at 64. Two years down the track now, had radiotherapy and on the hormone treatment until the summer of 2025. Now under control with my PSA non detectable.
If you can get a copy from which ever hospital you are with or on line of the MacMillan book on your cancer, get one. Wish I had a copy at the start as really good.
Also you cant go yet as blues are about to be good.
KRO
09:14, Thu 9 Nov
Best of luck mate 💙
Good advice too .
Tony Fantastico
09:18, Thu 9 Nov
Good luck mate.

64 when i found out. Luckily caught early and contained. Now 7 years post-op (prostatectomy) and still all clear👍

Yes guys... if you are 50+ or have any problems with waterworks... ask your GP for a PSA check - as STQ says it could be a life saver.

Good site for all things prostate...

[prostatecanceruk.org]

💙💙💙
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
09:27, Thu 9 Nov
S TQ
KRO

Is the PSA test the one where you have to send a stool sample off?
09:43, Thu 9 Nov
No it’s a blood test. The poo sample is for bowel cancer. Very important also.
09:48, Thu 9 Nov
Had mine checked last year, all clear but a close friend tested positive.
09:50, Thu 9 Nov
There was a brilliant section on talkSPORT recently where they had somebody from Prostate Cancer UK in the studio alongside Mick Harford to discuss. Simon Jordan also underwent some treatment after getting checked out:
[twitter.com]

One of the main things they spoke about was that the tests aren't as..... invasive.... as you might imagine anymore and can often be done with general blood tests etc.

And also - if you're black, then you're way more likely to be affected. Something like 1 in 4 black men over 50 are at risk.
09:53, Thu 9 Nov
Best advice I’ve seen on here and you’re spot on. I had a test a couple of months ago after passing blood, fortunately for me everything is ok but I’ll make sure I get it checked every couple of years.

Good luck with your treatment and KRO
09:53, Thu 9 Nov
S TQ

Absolutely... all 60+s will automatically get bowel cancer test kits every two years until age 74... People - don't throw them in the bin!! Do the test and send it off!
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
Just finished 7 and half weeks radiotherapy. Starting to feel normal again. Got the edgy wait for my first PSA test but fingers crossed. Good luck Steve. I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep spreading the word mate. If it saves one person it's worth it. KRO
If I had the wings of a sparrow
S TQ

Absolutely... all 60+s will automatically get bowel cancer test kits every two years until age 74... People - don't throw them in the bin!! Do the test and send it off!

....yes this is important folks, just reached the milestone and recently did the test, all ok at the moment 👍