19:52, Thu 9 Nov
All the best mate. Had myself checked last year and will again next.
Good luck to you and everyone else at risk.
Up the feckin Blues
19:59, Thu 9 Nov
Respect to you for your honesty 👍
Tony Fantastico
20:59, Thu 9 Nov
Falstaff
I’m now 14 years post prostatectomy. I’m still free of cancer. I had to have the radical surgery, which meant removal of the prostate including nerves.

The down sides of radical surgery. I need medication to maintain an erection. It works, but it spoils spontaneity. I wear a pad for comfort, because the possibility of leaking a little is always there.

The upside. I’m alive to see my kids grow up and reach maturity. That makes everything worthwhile.

I hope my graphic description hasn’t offended anyone. In fact, even in the short time since I had surgery, it is now much more precise and less likely to cause the damage that I had.

Get yourself checked. I was in my mid 50s with minimal symptoms. If I hadn’t had a check up, I’d probably be dead now.

Highlighted bit is so true... surgery now is very much more precise and many surgeons practice "nerve saving" techniques which lessens the side effects that you highlighted.

More important though is that you are very much alive and kicking!
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
21:05, Thu 9 Nov
Yoh might find this helpful with regards to your radiotherapy treatment session.
21:45, Thu 9 Nov
Great video, thanks
02:18, Fri 10 Nov
Good luck, mate. Fair play for encouraging others to get checked.

Had comprehensive blood work done earlier this week. PSA was the last result I received. Ok on that front at the moment, but my other results weren’t all good news. I’m going to have to make some adjustments to my lifestyle ……and there was me thinking I was Superman. None of us are. Get checked.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
08:01, Fri 10 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
flamingo
Good luck pal. I’m 63 and was diagnosed with it 14 years ago. I only got tested because my dad was dying of it and I read that it was hereditary.
I was incredibly lucky because I had no symptoms but had an aggressive strain and caught it early. I had surgery to remove the prostate and am still healthy and fully functioning 🙂, if I hadn’t got in early I’d have been gone many years ago, so 100% endorse your advice and underline that you need to be checked every single year it’s not a one off.
All the best Kro
It’s good to be lucky mate. KRO
It was Flamingo that prompted me to go. I had very few symptoms. They found an aggressive tumour that had spread to the local lymph nodes..all the other scans, bones etc were clear. To say I owe him a drink is an understatement. Let's keep talking about it and make people aware, people like me who had no idea...Thanks cor the good luck shout Rab. KRO everyone.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
08:09, Fri 10 Nov
Yes, spreading the message does save lives. Two people I have spoken to have captured their prostate cancer early enough to do something about it.

Broadly speaking, in your 60s, there is a 60% chance you will have prostate problems, in your 70s, a 70% chance etc. But I was in my 50s, so you can’t gamble.
08:09, Fri 10 Nov
I’m doing the 60 mile challenge this month in aid of Prostate Cancer Research charity.
09:47, Fri 10 Nov
Well done! Hope it goes well.
10:47, Fri 10 Nov
Thanks for posting.

Booked a test for Tuesday.
12:01, Fri 10 Nov
Well done. Hope it goes all ok for you. All the best
12:29, Fri 10 Nov
All the best with your therapy and I pray you have a speedy recovery. KRO.
14:56, Fri 10 Nov
Thanks!
15:02, Fri 10 Nov
Having read this post I have requested a PSA blood test jobby.......thanks, and to all on here who have been affected by this issue I wish you all a speedy and full recovery xx