15:58, Sat 11 Nov
Rags
Just said it on sky sports

No still don't believe it. No-one who was at that game or watched it could describe it as a good performance in any way.

You sure he wasn't talking about Sunderland ... or it was definitely Rooney and not Mowbray speaking ?

Seriously mate it was as unhinged as one of your politics posts.

Okay - just seen it

"good performance"
"good away performance"
"excellent defensively"

Well.

Also:

“…..concentration let us down. We spoke about this. For the second goal, Sunderland play a lot of short corner kicks and we switched off and conceded a sloppy goal.”

And

“It’s frustrating because I spoke to the players about concentration levels because Sunderland are a good team with good players. That has to be there for 90 minutes and the moments we switched off, it cost us the game.”

Well. Well.
15:59, Sat 11 Nov
Coleshill-Blue
He absolutely said all that!
An incredible take and I’m worried.

It must have been an artificial intelligence generated quote.

( l never thought the word intelligence would appear in a Rooney thread though)
16:04, Sat 11 Nov
That's amateurish nonsense from Rooney.

He looks and sounds utterly out of his depth.
The cold never bothered me anyway
16:10, Sat 11 Nov
Rasputin
That's amateurish nonsense from Rooney.

He looks and sounds utterly out of his depth.

He looks and sounds like he watched it after an all day session in a pub.
16:12, Sat 11 Nov
Said exactly the same about Southampton
16:16, Sat 11 Nov
I’m scratching my head.

Yeah but it needs sorting before Christmas, wayne.
16:22, Sat 11 Nov
Tha Project OBE
Rags
Just said it on sky sports

No still don't believe it. No-one who was at that game or watched it could describe it as a good performance in any way.

You sure he wasn't talking about Sunderland ... or it was definitely Rooney and not Mowbray speaking ?

Seriously mate it was as unhinged as one of your politics posts.

Okay - just seen it

"good performance"
"good away performance"
"excellent defensively"

Well.

Also:

“…..concentration let us down. We spoke about this. For the second goal, Sunderland play a lot of short corner kicks and we switched off and conceded a sloppy goal.”

And

“It’s frustrating because I spoke to the players about concentration levels because Sunderland are a good team with good players. That has to be there for 90 minutes and the moments we switched off, it cost us the game.”

Well. Well.

I think that’s true for ther goals. Very dozy.. the second one we had one man out on a short corner.
16:27, Sat 11 Nov
I saw the interview on Sky. Rooney definitely said we defended well and that overall the performance was good. He moaned about the ref too. Regarding our defensive performance he must have been watching a different game.
16:57, Sat 11 Nov
He's a bit all over the place. Must be feeling very stressed to be fair.

Ah what a mess 😔
17:12, Sat 11 Nov
WTF
17:15, Sat 11 Nov
newblue
BriHughesy
Bordesley not Small Heath
Mumbling and stuttering on about the ref, decisions, balls being in or out, excuses etc

Oh dear!

As for a high profile appointment did Derby's profile and wealth go up with him?

I still blame Cook for the appmt, cant blame Rooney for taking a job

Cook must be sweating it. Wagner has to be wondering why he gave so much power to him and allowed him to appoint his mate. 1 point in 15 tells you everything. all the glitters aint gold

I think they’re probably a bit more robust than a lot of our fans.

You are clearly happy to see us keep losing? For the sake of some long term greater good? Which personally I can't see happening under Rooney myself.
17:39, Sat 11 Nov
Rooney has just chucked all the work done by JE and told the players do it this way and learn quickly. Unless you have a full pre-season this will never work. Maybe things will turn with a win but if we don't beat Sheff Wed the run without a win could go on and on. I really hope he gets his first win at SHeff Wed but we didn't need to get into this mess. This is all about Rooneys availability, rather than considering whether the timing of the change is right for the club.
17:57, Sat 11 Nov
Was quite grumpy about the manager change, and skeptical about Rooney. Then the first half v Ipswich gave me hope. I've now gone back to 'under the duvet' mode: still could be Zola V2, or take off and be successful. But I expect the worst, soz to happy clappers/Rooney evangelists. Will it never end? Not a fan of Cook so far.
18:27, Sat 11 Nov
BcFc
Wayne’s words.

At least we’ve gained 5000 extra instagram followers though eh, Garry?

Thats worrying

Because it certainly wasnt anything of the sort

Could improve it a bit by actually attempting some tackles, picking up men...tracking runners, closing down space

Did he really say that, wow
18:29, Sat 11 Nov
BcFc
Wayne’s words.

At least we’ve gained 5000 extra instagram followers though eh, Garry?

Thats worrying

Because it certainly wasnt anything of the sort

Could improve it a bit by actually attempting some tackles, picking up men...tracking runners, closing down space

Did he really say that, wow

I was doubtful too ... but here's the interview on Sky

[www.skysports.com]

verbatim ... 49 seconds ... "i thought the defending was excellent...erm ... throughout the game"