12:25, Tue 14 Nov
Alex Dicken takes a look at Siriki Dembele's dip in form since Wayne Rooney became Birmingham City manager

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
12:40, Tue 14 Nov
Alex Dicken takes a look at Siriki Dembele's dip in form since Wayne Rooney became Birmingham City manager

It's not a "dip in form" exactly - it's playing for a manager who clearly doesn't understand (yet) how to get the best out of the players we have, and play a formation/process/method that is effective.

Eustace was/is vastly under-rated
12:50, Tue 14 Nov
Our form and attacking threat seemed to directly coincide with Dembele's availability under the previous manager, it seems mad that he's been taken out of the team
Happy Clapper
12:53, Tue 14 Nov
It is mad. It's like Sunderland dropping Jack Clarke.
12:54, Tue 14 Nov
You’d think Rooney would love someone like dembele

One of the genuine few attacking players we have. Comfortable with the ball, quick and creative

Very odd

Perhaps it’s not helped having to play him in front of second and third choice full backs

Perhaps there’s an argument to play him in the role Burke has been trying to do, at least he has a brain
13:13, Tue 14 Nov
Wouldn't mind seeing Myoshi,James and Dembele in a three behind Stansfield
13:17, Tue 14 Nov
When everyone's fit:

Ruddy

Laird
Sanderson
Aiwu (I do prefer Long but yanno)
Buchanan

James
Bielik

Hall
Miyoshi
Dembele

Stansfield
Happy Clapper
13:26, Tue 14 Nov
Yes. Would agree with that but we need our best central defender Long back or we will carry on conceding goals for fun. Then choose between Sanderson and Aiwu.
i might be ina minority here but I don't think Dembele has been very good. he has had a couple of good games but for me personally he has flattered in most others. loses the ball too much and can't be bothered to help his defence. Rooney expects more i would guess
13:28, Tue 14 Nov
you could say the same things about Oli Burke who's getting picked every week
13:32, Tue 14 Nov
i will give you that about Burke. rooney plays him tho because he will run and work hard. he has a lot of limitations. i thought Dembele was a youngster but he's 27 supposedly at his prime. i can understand why rooney doesn't trust him to do what he wants. he dropped Bielik who was his player at Derby.
13:42, Tue 14 Nov

It's not a "dip in form" exactly - it's playing for a manager who clearly doesn't understand (yet) how to get the best out of the players we have, and play a formation/process/method that is effective.

Eustace was/is vastly under-rated
I agree.

Not always perfect - who is?
But i think he was getting decent performances out of most of them.

Except Bacuna who - even under Eustace - i was starting to wonder what he actually brings.
13:47, Tue 14 Nov
You’d think Rooney would love someone like dembele

One of the genuine few attacking players we have. Comfortable with the ball, quick and creative

Very odd

Perhaps it’s not helped having to play him in front of second and third choice full backs

Perhaps there’s an argument to play him in the role Burke has been trying to do, at least he has a brain

He was especially excellent playing in front of Longelo
13:52, Tue 14 Nov
The Huddersfield game definitely
14:52, Tue 14 Nov
BriHughesy
i might be ina minority here but I don't think Dembele has been very good. he has had a couple of good games but for me personally he has flattered in most others. loses the ball too much and can't be bothered to help his defence. Rooney expects more i would guess

I can Imagine why he is frustrating to a manager and the team as you never know what he is going to do, at times he will take on a man or two then not release the ball when options are on but he also has end product of goals. I think Rooney has to get him in the team though and give instructions of what he wants.

Same with Bacuna he seems to consistently manage to make the wrong decisions with his passes or when to try something. There’s times when the team will move the ball well and Bacuna will just try something so unnecessary.

If them two players can keep their flair but also know when to simplify it they could be game changers for example Dembele against Huddersfield and Bacuna against West Brom last year.

I guess this is the reason they were so cheap and are at us though.