14:56, Tue 14 Nov
its seems fairly obvious based on what WR has said about contributions from subs and when you watch him

Dembele doesnt press with enough urgency and purpose to get into the side
15:00, Tue 14 Nov
It's also mad that when he comes on, he's not playing LW.
15:08, Tue 14 Nov
If I was an opposing fan I'd be happy to see him on the bench, he's a big threat going forward and our press without him has been very easy to play through anyway
Happy Clapper
15:11, Tue 14 Nov
BriHughesy
i might be ina minority here but I don't think Dembele has been very good. he has had a couple of good games but for me personally he has flattered in most others. loses the ball too much and can't be bothered to help his defence. Rooney expects more i would guess

I can Imagine why he is frustrating to a manager and the team as you never know what he is going to do, at times he will take on a man or two then not release the ball when options are on but he also has end product of goals. I think Rooney has to get him in the team though and give instructions of what he wants.

Same with Bacuna he seems to consistently manage to make the wrong decisions with his passes or when to try something. There’s times when the team will move the ball well and Bacuna will just try something so unnecessary.

If them two players can keep their flair but also know when to simplify it they could be game changers for example Dembele against Huddersfield and Bacuna against West Brom last year.

I guess this is the reason they were so cheap and are at us though.

much is posted about Eustaces 4-2-3-1 ... but really what it boiled down to, as we saw in the games against Huddersfield and West Brom is...

Midfielders to cover the full backs when they go forward or just one FB to go forward and the other FB to make a back 3 with Long and Sanderson
Make sure we stop crosses if possible
Anything in the air at the back Sanderson and Long will deal with
Attacks will have to get past Sunjic and Bielik first
Let's nullify the opposition and then give it to the "players" to sort it out up front ie Dembele Miyoshi Stansfield and Bacuna

Dembele's role in that is much more effective
15:24, Tue 14 Nov
Dembele & Koji are very very lightweight. Koji's passing is sublime though and he is an intelligent footballer. Dembele on his game is something else, pacey, tricky and exciting to watch but both in Eustace & Rooney games he has had stinkers, I liken him to Odel Hernandez. It is a risk having them and Bacuna and Stansfield all playing together.

But.. I would try it simply to get Burke out of the starting 11 because I honestly think he is from a technical standpoint one of the worst footballers I have seen put on a Blues shirt.
15:36, Tue 14 Nov
Burke isn’t the only one who needs taking out.
16:12, Tue 14 Nov
NouCamp
its seems fairly obvious based on what WR has said about contributions from subs and when you watch him

Dembele doesnt press with enough urgency and purpose to get into the side

This. Although he is great on the ball, his tracking back/ tackling is not good. I’m afraid in this day and age you have got to contribute defensively as well as offering a threat going forward.
I think that’s what Rooney is trying to drum into our players and as far as I’m concerned, he’s right to do so.
16:36, Tue 14 Nov
Le Mod
Our form and attacking threat seemed to directly coincide with Dembele's availability under the previous manager, it seems mad that he's been taken out of the team

He was very poor against Middlesbrough and Southampton. I'd still play him though
16:45, Tue 14 Nov
In the summer we were all very happy signing players like Dembele and Bielik after years of signing dross..
Now they can't get into the first eleven it seems as they don't suit Rooney's style.
Waste of talent and quality when we haven't got that much
16:54, Tue 14 Nov
He does seem inconsistent, but remains one of our only players that can make something happen and does have a bit of quality, which given our terrible form at the minute would be valuable to have. If it was up to me he’d be in the starting 11 easy.
17:21, Tue 14 Nov
Totally agree. For all his defensive inadequacies, Dembele offers a real goal threat going forward. He often gets double marked, thus in theory creating space for others around him, excites the crowd and most importantly adds a few goals. Without him, we appear to have to rely on Stansfield for the majority of our goals. Apart from pace and a level of tracking back, I don't see what Burke offers at all as a forward. He has absolutely no goal threat or end product as proven at all his previous clubs as well as his appearances for us to date. If we want to play an attacking, exciting, brand of football then surely a front four of Dembele, Myoshi in the 10 role and Anderson behind Stansfield would be our best option.
17:22, Tue 14 Nov
yea, if he was more consistent he'd be playing in the league above
17:23, Tue 14 Nov
Somebody said Burke is like a speedboat but without a driver -most apt -no footballing brain whatsoever
17:26, Tue 14 Nov
With both Dembele and Bacuna I keep saying "what the feck did he do that for" .If we could get a bit less of that out of them then we would go places because both of them can be superb when they're "on it"
17:41, Tue 14 Nov
i might be ina minority here but I don't think Dembele has been very good. he has had a couple of good games but for me personally he has flattered in most others. loses the ball too much and can't be bothered to help his defence. Rooney expects more i would guess

Minority of two