09:19, Thu 23 Nov
It does seem to happen more often with black players though, you have to admit that.

Forssell for example was just as, if not more injury prone yet didn't get labelled as a sicknote.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:28, Thu 23 Nov
Thats purely conjecture, on your part. Maybe you only hear what you want to hear.

We knew we were signing a crock when Forsell put pen to paper. It was a gamble that didn't quite pay off. He only signed permanently for blues, because he failed a medical with Everton. That's why we got him on the cheap.

And he had a massive amount of good willing in his account, after his efforts here as a loan player.
09:34, Thu 23 Nov
Furlong quite clearly put plenty of effort in as well though.
The cold never bothered me anyway
Tam
09:39, Thu 23 Nov
foghorn leghorn
The only thing thats lazy is your assumption that everyone who gave Furlong stick, must be a racist. The same tired old sentiment is rung out every time Furs gets a mention, on here.

Even lazier is your assumption that I said, or meant, 'everyone'. But if you're telling me that there wasn't an undercurrent (or even overt) of that thinking among some of our fans at the time, I disagree with you completely.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
09:40, Thu 23 Nov
Rasputin
Furlong quite clearly put plenty of effort in as well though.

Yes, of course he did. He wasn't lazy at all.
Make Blues Great Again
09:57, Thu 23 Nov
It’s a bit mad really. I’ve heard quite a few pundits rolling out the old..”It’s tough for anyone coming in as a new manager, with a new set of players and no pre season”
True. So you’d think he’d be eager for the opportunity to really get stuck in to his job.
Add to that the importance of the next game. Maybe factor in the wage bill?
I’m trying to think of another occupation in which, when you massively underperform, you get ten days paid holiday.
10:32, Thu 23 Nov
Appreciate he’s the manager so the buck stops with him but he’s probably taking advice from highly quailed expert sports science bastards.

Might be wrong.
Dan
10:47, Thu 23 Nov
Richie
It’s a bit mad really. I’ve heard quite a few pundits rolling out the old..”It’s tough for anyone coming in as a new manager, with a new set of players and no pre season”
True. So you’d think he’d be eager for the opportunity to really get stuck in to his job.
Add to that the importance of the next game. Maybe factor in the wage bill?
I’m trying to think of another occupation in which, when you massively underperform, you get ten days paid holiday.

As a salaried employee you get paid time off in every occupation, regardless of performance.
15:56, Thu 23 Nov
Dan
True. But the whole office? At the same time?
16:17, Thu 23 Nov
Many manufacturing businesses shut down at Christmas, whether they are profit making or not.
16:23, Thu 23 Nov
Ooooh, so this is an early Christmas break.
It all makes sense now
16:25, Thu 23 Nov
Dirty Bertie
Many manufacturing businesses shut down at Christmas, whether they are profit making or not.

Not just Christmas.

As an example, in the past at least car manufacturers traditionally shut down last week of July / first week of August, forcing many component companies to do the same.
17:48, Thu 23 Nov
Well there will be one more coach at the next international break
John O’Shea has left the asst Ireland job today
18:08, Thu 23 Nov
Richie
Ooooh, so this is an early Christmas break.
It all makes sense now

Not at all but it does rather contradict your statement questioning the idea of all employees taking a break at the same time.

Unless all the relevant players are available there may be very limited benefit to trying to work on style of play and formations.