11:40, Tue 21 Nov
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Gary Rowett on his sacking by Blues in 2016

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
11:41, Tue 21 Nov
Bull. Shit
Tony Fantastico
11:46, Tue 21 Nov
Was talking about rowett to a mate this morning. He reckons he'd wipe the floor with the team we have. I Certainly think that he should be an option IF it doesn't go to plan for rooney.
11:46, Tue 21 Nov
Bcfc 26
Was talking about rowett to a mate this morning. He reckons he'd wipe the floor with the team we have. I Certainly think that he should be an option IF it doesn't go to plan for rooney.

Never go back.
11:47, Tue 21 Nov
Nay, nay and thrice nay.
12:03, Tue 21 Nov
So he had a release clause in his contract.

Interesting

So “speaking to clubs behind our back” was a load of bollocks
12:05, Tue 21 Nov
depends if those clubs paid the money up front or not

it doenst prove what you are trying to say it proves
12:06, Tue 21 Nov
It does prove that the people drip fed stuff by the club were given part of the story, unless I’ve missed the revelation he had a release clause that allowed him to speak to clubs
12:07, Tue 21 Nov
no it doesnt, pretty much every manager going will have a release clause
12:07, Tue 21 Nov
It’s pretty common isn’t?
12:24, Tue 21 Nov
Iain_Gavin

Interesting

No it wasn’t. Most players can buy part of their contract out. It doesn’t mean that Sanderson for example should be talking to Sheffield Wednesday on Friday
Tony Fantastico
12:24, Tue 21 Nov
My Blue Heaven
It’s pretty common isn’t?
Yea. Especially in Spain for players and managers
Tony Fantastico
12:27, Tue 21 Nov
in spain its law that every player has one, not sure on managers.

pretty much every manager will have a compensation fee set in their contract, you see them in the papers whenever a manager gets linked to go elsewhere, 'it will cost X to get X from X'

unless the clubs that Rowett spoke to, came to the club first with the intention of paying the fee, then he went behind their back.

its disingenous of Rowett to suggest a clause means that wasnt true, which probably suggests it was true.
12:28, Tue 21 Nov
Iain_Gavin

Interesting

Haven't read it, can't be arsed tbf, but aren't release clauses only relevant when they have been triggered by a club offering the correct amount to release, to the parent club?
Or have I got that wrong?
Up the feckin Blues
12:33, Tue 21 Nov
Iain_Gavin

Interesting

Haven't read it, can't be arsed tbf, but aren't release clauses only relevant when they have been triggered by a club offering the correct amount to release, to the parent club?
Or have I got that wrong?

Rowett was speaking to clubs without Blues permission, behind their backs, and it was Rowett who approached the clubs

The first rumours and stories about this came from people at the clubs involved - not from sources at Blues