12:35, Tue 21 Nov
Rags
Iain_Gavin
So he had a release clause in his contract.

Interesting

So “speaking to clubs behind our back” was a load of bollocks

Haven't read it, can't be arsed tbf, but aren't release clauses only relevant when they have been triggered by a club offering the correct amount to release, to the parent club?
Or have I got that wrong?

Rowett was speaking to clubs without Blues permission, behind their backs, and it was Rowett who approached the clubs

The first rumours and stories about this came from people at the clubs involved - not from sources at Blues

It's genuinely pointless arguing this Rags, some people will not have it.
12:37, Tue 21 Nov
So glad I've moved on and don't engage in this debate any more. Not interested ta.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:39, Tue 21 Nov
Sounds to me, rather than proving anything to the contrary, that Rowett is the disingenuous one here, drip feeding people bollix that cast him in a better light. Bit of a weasel it seems?
12:41, Tue 21 Nov
Droppings?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:41, Tue 21 Nov
yes, unless he was planning to pay the clause himself, which i doubt
12:42, Tue 21 Nov
Rags
Iain_Gavin

Interesting

Haven't read it, can't be arsed tbf, but aren't release clauses only relevant when they have been triggered by a club offering the correct amount to release, to the parent club?

Rowett was speaking to clubs without Blues permission, behind their backs, and it was Rowett who approached the clubs

The first rumours and stories about this came from people at the clubs involved - not from sources at Blues

Dan ... i know, but there are so many lies posted on here these days that i felt a need that someone should at least put forward the facts
12:46, Tue 21 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Droppings?

I’d say. Tbh I think it’s pretty poor going round telling what appear to be porkies about seven years ago. Maybe he’s be advised to leave it behind. Most people probably think it was all terribly unfair and unmerited anyway.
12:52, Tue 21 Nov
newblue
Sounds to me, rather than proving anything to the contrary, that Rowett is the disingenuous one here, drip feeding people bollix that cast him in a better light. Bit of a weasel it seems?
It’s weazel
Tony Fantastico
12:55, Tue 21 Nov
Wasn’t he on a rolling deal all the time he was here?
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
12:59, Tue 21 Nov
newblue

It’s weazel

In which universe ?
13:00, Tue 21 Nov
El Mayor
Rags
Iain_Gavin

Interesting

somebody on here wanted actual evidence of it IIRC !
13:01, Tue 21 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
newblue
It’s weazel

big fat weazel
13:03, Tue 21 Nov
jefflynneshair

IIRC yes, the clause would likely have been the same as a years wages
13:15, Tue 21 Nov
NouCamp
Rab C Nesbitt
newblue
It’s weazel

big fat weazel
villa are weazel droppings.
Legendary graffiti
Tony Fantastico
13:19, Tue 21 Nov
HackneyBlue
jefflynneshair

IIRC yes, the clause would likely have been the same as a years wages
Tbf he’d asked for so many new deals it is hard to remember
Tony Fantastico