Thanks Colin.
Thank goodness Knighthead have custodianship of our club. It sounds like there is a good future ahead. Do you think the leadership group genuinely welcome tough questions and scepticism, because your piece seems a bit "all in"? Do the owners talk about potential risks, mitigations relating to the strategy for example?
I'm optimistic still about the future but a bit sceptical about on the pitch performance currently, points accumulation this season etc if I'm honest.
I think challenge and accountability is still important even though the signs are positive.
20:42, Tue 28 Nov
He said Birmingham needs us more than we need Birmingham.

I've no clue what he meant. I'm assuming he's minced his words there. Possibly 'Birmingham needs us just as much as we need Birmingham' ?
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
£25 million spent already? That’s blown my mind. Up the Knighthead.
20:50, Tue 28 Nov
I read as the failing council needs Blues as it’s beacon.
20:51, Tue 28 Nov
My interpretation was that Birmingham council and politicians need Birmingham City FC. More than Blues need them.

But I do agree Gary mushed his words up a bit. He's not as good a public speaker as Tom Wagner is.
20:52, Tue 28 Nov
Thongs
Do I recall this correctly? GC said Birmingham needs us but we don’t need Birmingham.

Yes you do. I thought that was bold and dare I say a bit antagonistic to the council. He knows what he's doing though, everything is calculated.

I interpreted the same way as you, the council is effed so back us, because we're going to rejuvenate our city.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
20:53, Tue 28 Nov
Waggeh
My interpretation was that Birmingham council and politicians need Birmingham City FC. More than Blues needs them.

But I do agree Gary mushed his words up a bit. He's not as good a public speaker as Tom Wagner is.

Tom Wagner is one of the most polished public speakers I've ever seen. The bloke could bring the phone book to life.

Brilliant.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
20:55, Tue 28 Nov
That would make more sense
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
20:59, Tue 28 Nov
Agree with that. I've listened to him on business podcasts talking about reviving distressed American stocks.

As a fick working class Brummie lad, I understood less than half of it, but I was still hanging on to his evrey word.

Love big Tom 💙
I want a bit of what he has.
Well, as the best commercial relationship cultivator in the south Staffordshire area I can help a bit but, unfortunately, Tommy Wagner's skillset is far out of our reach.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Love that Wagner and Cook have basically told Moxley to eff off, the vile loving orc
Deserved
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:50, Tue 28 Nov
Harrogate Blue
Evening. Thanks to you Colin and Daniel for your insight.
A blind man on a galloping horse could see that Knighthead are the best thing to happen to Blues in 50 years, history may say longer. Finally a opportunity to rouse us from our perpetual slumber.
Good owners are as rare as hens teeth. This lot should be embraced, cherished and supported.
Managers come and go, as no doubt Wayne Rooney will one day. But owners leave a legacy.
For God's sake can we all put the vitriol in the bin and get behind em. If your not up for this lot you might as well turn it in.

I completely agree with this.

We seem to be at each other's throats over the appointment of Rooney and the inconsistent football we have been playing as he introduces a new approach to how we play. It has not been great but there is a reason for this and it's not just to wind people up. Rooney is not Zola and we do not have owners who will let things slip if we look to be in serious trouble. That said I don't believe that we will be in serious trouble but really do not expect a great deal this season. I did not before Rooney arrived and nothing has changed my expectations of that. We need a substantial rebuild which at the earliest cannot start until next summer when high earners leave and P&S restrictions ease. Tom Wagner made that point and Garry Cook backed that up with spending on players relating to success.

We are a club in transition both on and off the pitch and as such must expect things to be hit and miss with probably more misses than hits initially. I am really optimistic for our future with these owners and call for all Blues fans to get behind the club now. We have had years of being a joke but with these owners that will be a thing of the past but it will take time. I was really impressed with the thought, effort and organisation that seems to have been put into the Open House event. They easily could have had a couple of people on a stage answering a few questions and rapped the whole thing up by 10.30 and called it a night. As Tatts said in his piece this was something different and I have yet to read any comments from those in attendance to say that they did not leave them leaving feeling much better informed about the club and more positive about the future. Credit to the club for going to those lengths and hopefully this will get us all pulling in the same direction and support the club. KRO.
22:59, Tue 28 Nov
Fabulous blog Colin for those not in attendance. I get the impression we have serious owners doing things really properly. It is so sensible and so refeshing. It must irk Cook that so many people think he is an eejit for appointing Rooney. I just cannot imagine Eustac at the open house event; we are different now.