10:17, Wed 29 Nov
Sweepover
Magnificent and mighty read CT.

Just a thought on the next quarterly meet up could it include representatives of the local population to East and South Brum do you think?.

Inclusivity is the word,its long overdue in my humble opinion,the South Asian Blues are just waiting to be asked and they'd storm up Green lane to join the alliance.

Perhaps if you asked the right people for us at Blues they would listen.

Just a thought.

Thanks Colin.

I met Panjabi Blues at the event; I've no doubt they want to do this.

I think there is a wider conversation about making the club appealing to the local populace and I don't think it's going to be an easy thing to do ... but we live in hope.
11:06, Wed 29 Nov
Gifts to kids in care is a great start though. And I hope it is Blues merchandise.

When you are a kid, shit like that sticks with you - I got an Oakland Raiders hat as a kid and from that I have looked out for them. With the team on my doorstep I would have done anything to watch them play.

I think it is a great gesture which can benefit everybody.

Then move on to schoolkids, free tickets for games we know we are not going to sell out - it will probably cost minimal but the potential is huge, you could create so many fans for life.

You just know that these guys are so clued up that they are going to attack it from every angle and in 15 years time the fanbase will be substantially larger.
Pedant alert

in readiness for the Leicester City game on December 8

18th
We've only got Chewits
11:43, Wed 29 Nov
Onel Hernandez
Gifts to kids in care is a great start though. And I hope it is Blues merchandise.

When you are a kid, shit like that sticks with you - I got an Oakland Raiders hat as a kid and from that I have looked out for them. With the team on my doorstep I would have done anything to watch them play.

I think it is a great gesture which can benefit everybody.

Then move on to schoolkids, free tickets for games we know we are not going to sell out - it will probably cost minimal but the potential is huge, you could create so many fans for life.

You just know that these guys are so clued up that they are going to attack it from every angle and in 15 years time the fanbase will be substantially larger.

Wouldn’t object in principle to the school kids idea, but the mechanics of it could prove difficult. For example, how would tickets be distributed? Through schools themselves? That could have the potential for a lot of safeguarding difficulties, I’d imagine, from the school’s point of view, even for kids as old as 14:25. Could also turn into a. Bureaucratic headache for school staff (parental permission slips, for example - honestly, a feckin’ pain in the ar5e), So it would need a lot of thought and planning , for sure. Personally, I’d hit the Kids for a Quid button again, and quite soon too.
11:53, Wed 29 Nov
💙
11:56, Wed 29 Nov
Project Furlong
Pedant alert

in readiness for the Leicester City game on December 8

18th

Going to be a lot of confusion at that game with all the Blue coats everywhere!
12:00, Wed 29 Nov
Chucking teddies onto the pitch like they do at that game in Spain would be a great idea- it'd get loads of attention nationwide.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:08, Wed 29 Nov
BlueStorm
Going to be a lot of confusion at that game with all the Blue coats everywhere!

🤣👍
We've only got Chewits
12:10, Wed 29 Nov
At my daughters school the kids were given pairs of tickets for v**** women so it would need a parent who is willing to take them to the game. And the kids all wanted to go because their mates were going.
12:21, Wed 29 Nov
Doesn't surprise me to see villa targeting kids. Nothing new.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:43, Wed 29 Nov
Bluetone
At my daughters school the kids were given pairs of tickets for v**** women so it would need a parent who is willing to take them to the game. And the kids all wanted to go because their mates were going.

That’s the advantage I guess of going through tte school route with special offers - the peer group influence. The problem though is, even if the school head was in favour, schools are terrified of safeguarding issues. Might be wrong, but if the school receive tickets and allow a parent to look after 3 or 4 kids on match day, they’re effectively, devolving responsibility to the parent, but could still be legally accountable. If that’s the case, I’d imagine most heads would insist on that parent being issued with a DBS, which can be a pain to get sorted. (I’m not entirely sure though- maybe someone currently working in education would be able to clarify?).
Anyway, how about one adult and 2 or 3 kids for a quid while the attendances are low-,that seems an easier way of doing it for now? Maybe?
Nikola Zigic
Doesn't surprise me to see villa targeting kids. Nothing new.

Hahahaha
13:30, Wed 29 Nov
Bluetone

That’s the advantage I guess of going through tte school route with special offers - the peer group influence. The problem though is, even if the school head was in favour, schools are terrified of safeguarding issues. Might be wrong, but if the school receive tickets and allow a parent to look after 3 or 4 kids on match day, they’re effectively, devolving responsibility to the parent, but could still be legally accountable. If that’s the case, I’d imagine most heads would insist on that parent being issued with a DBS, which can be a pain to get sorted. (I’m not entirely sure though- maybe someone currently working in education would be able to clarify?).
Anyway, how about one adult and 2 or 3 kids for a quid while the attendances are low-,that seems an easier way of doing it for now? Maybe?

You seem to be over complicating things. Bluetone plainly said pairs of tickets, one for a child, one for a parent. The allocation would come via the school and be made available to those who wanted to go. Why are schools shitting themselves over people’s private arrangements outside of that? Do hey shit themselves over safeguarding for car pooling on the school run? Or any school related outside event that doesn’t involve teachers or arranging transport? The buck doesn’t stop with the school, surely?
15:23, Wed 29 Nov
QBBC2
Bluetone

You seem to be over complicating things. Bluetone plainly said pairs of tickets, one for a child, one for a parent. The allocation would come via the school and be made available to those who wanted to go. Why are schools shitting themselves over people’s private arrangements outside of that? Do hey shit themselves over safeguarding for car pooling on the school run? Or any school related outside event that doesn’t involve teachers or arranging transport? The buck doesn’t stop with the school, surely?

You could be right, yeah (I have too much time on my hands these days, so probably overthinking. Mind you, if I were a head teacher, I’d still get some advice). Anyway, I’m sure the marketing depts of clubs are on the case with this sort of thing.
15:29, Wed 29 Nov
Mr Driscoll
QBBC2
Bluetone

You could be right, yeah (I have too much time on my hands these days, so probably overthinking. Mind you, if I were a head teacher, I’d still get some advice). Anyway, I’m sure the marketing depts of clubs are on the case with this sort of thing.

You do know that we already do this (not free but by way of discounted tickets schemes) and have done for some time?

See here:

[www.bcfc.com]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.