I think you have to be a cockeyed optimist to think shipping four goals to a mediocre Blackburn side is a sign of progress.

Heedlessly bombing forward while leaving ourselves totally open at the back is not a strategy. Well organized sides get the most out of the available players. We are playing in a way that doesn't suit the players we have at the moment.

As long as we keep doing that, the poor results will continue. Everyone seems to be hanging a lot on signings to come in January...
00:10, Thu 30 Nov
New players are all well and good, but how many can we realistically get within FFP?
00:15, Thu 30 Nov
Probably not as many as we need. There's also the fact that players might not want to go to a club that is playing poorly. Some seem to think that getting players in is like a quick dash to Tesco's with Tom Wagner's chequebook. Reality is a bit more complicated.
00:28, Thu 30 Nov
Yeah I totally agree with that. It’s not like football manager is it in real life. Given ffp I can’t see too many additions in January, which means we’re stuck with what we’ve got, and it’s up to Rooney to get the best out of them.
06:14, Thu 30 Nov
I’m in and yes you’re right it’s coming.

Like others have mentioned we need to strengthen the spine of team with players comfortable playing in that system.

I read elsewhere that the under 21’s keeper Mayo, is good with his feet and good playing to this system. However he’s not the tallest and he’s got no loan experience.
06:50, Thu 30 Nov
I am on board with trying to be more expansive BUT we have to sort out the way we start games and when we come out for the second half.
In the majority of games this season, we are very slow out of the traps which gives the initiative to the opposing side. It seems to take us 15 minutes to get into our shape but by this time we have usually either conceded or been bombarded.
For me, this must be a preparation problem. It needs to be sorted and quickly.
07:15, Thu 30 Nov
Could it be that they’re being told to play in a way that’s foreign to them and it takes time to sink in what they’re meant to be doing, whilst the opposition are swiftly in gear to their natural rhythm.

We defended like traffic cones at the start of each half and handed Blackburn the initiative both halves.
08:11, Thu 30 Nov
Im with you, it was a very enjoyable game last night. More composure in the final third and better tracking at the back and we get something there.
08:36, Thu 30 Nov
I'm massively in, let's take our medicine.

Pick up points when we can.

When we can win at places like Watford Norwich Blackburn etc we will turn the tide and flourish.

I believe.

When we lost to Teams in our early Premier league seasons unde Bruce we would shake ourselves down and be ready for the next challenge.

That mentality is needed now, no sulking.

I've said it before, the next couple of transfer windows will be pivotal for our gracious football Club.

Up the Blue machine 💙.
08:38, Thu 30 Nov
I thought James and Dembele were great last night. That’s the Dembele that Rooney can rely on and James is coming into his own.

It was a fairly even first half but to go into the second half 0-0, I’m struggling to think what Rooney must have said. It may be a man management issue but then again you can’t legislate for 3 individual errors for the first 3 goals I guess so may be it wasn’t a team talk gone wrong. 2 things to be admired, previous Blues teams having gone 3-0 down away would’ve bottled that and not even tried and the template of attack delivered by Rooney is definitely there and gives me confidence moving forward.
08:49, Thu 30 Nov
The Blue Bear
And I object to my typing John Eustaces name only to see dvb automatically put in.

Show some respect. Whoever is on charge of that, hang your head in Shane. Disgraceful

Spot on, it’s childish at best. You are talking about a man who left us in 6th place. With one of the best defences in the division
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people