15:43, Thu 30 Nov
Casper
Tarquin
Oh no! Genuinely a genius and his songs meant so much to me

God Bless, Shane.

Same here mate - my eyes were properly opened to live music as a 14 year old, the night I went to the Powerhouse in the summer of '85, to see the Pogues live for the first time, along with my older brother, Dad and uncle - utter carnage!!!

Lost my shoe at the front of that gig.

It was absolute mayhem
15:51, Thu 30 Nov
Casper
Tarquin
Oh no! Genuinely a genius and his songs meant so much to me

God Bless, Shane.

Same here mate - my eyes were properly opened to live music as a 14 year old, the night I went to the Powerhouse in the summer of '85, to see the Pogues live for the first time, along with my older brother, Dad and uncle - utter carnage!!!

I was there -only a few hundred in but when they played again in September 85 it was rafted. Saw them 24 times before the sacked Shane. Never bothered after
15:53, Thu 30 Nov
Pogues played at The Blues as well I believe
15:58, Thu 30 Nov
A shame and a sad loss
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
16:08, Thu 30 Nov
1989 -supported UB40. A bad atmosphere at that one
16:18, Thu 30 Nov
Tha Project OBE
The only good news is a mass murderer has also departed.

Yes that chunt won’t be missed
16:34, Thu 30 Nov
A real shame to lose him but as many have said he did well considering what he put his body through.

I have many happy memories of Pogues concerts on St. Patricks night in London back in the 80's, always a brilliant gig.
16:52, Thu 30 Nov
Well we all knew he was on the way out, but it’s still tragic now it’s happened. RIP Shane. Incidentally, was anyone here at the Pogues Dec 1986 Powerhouse Show? I saw the 85 one got mentioned.

To add to the collective trauma, legendary Killing Joke guitarist Kevin “Geordie” Walker passed away on Sunday. Stroke, just 64 😱
17:07, Thu 30 Nov
Osterberg
Well we all knew he was on the way out, but it’s still tragic now it’s happened. RIP Shane. Incidentally, was anyone here at the Pogues Dec 1986 Powerhouse Show? I saw the 85 one got mentioned.

To add to the collective trauma, legendary Killing Joke guitarist Kevin “Geordie” Walker passed away on Sunday. Stroke, just 64 😱

I saw them at the 86 show and up at Barrowlands as well. The next year they were playing the NEC Arena which I thought was a pity as it took them away from the beer soaked venues where they excelled
Shane's other Christmas song (Christmas Lullaby) is also excellent and darker than a dark thing on a dark night

"I hope you grow up angry
Just like your dear old dad
I hope you grow up brave and strong
Not like me - all weak and sad"

The only soap I've ever watched is Brookside. It and Jimmy were brilliant at one time.
17:37, Thu 30 Nov
Such a troubled genius & i can just picture him & Lemmy getting shitfaced at the great gig in the sky, RIP Shane!!!
18:43, Thu 30 Nov
I can't remember the full story but Shane played some part in the Jam getting their first deal with Polydor. He was mates with A&R man Chris Parry, who is credited as discovering the band. MacGowan pushed Parry into going to see them.
19:46, Thu 30 Nov
Write said Fred
That's sad. Always been a bit of a Pogues fan. I saw them in Birmingham a few years ago. Shane was so pissed he fell over during the first half performance.

I think I saw Gary Sprake do that once for us too.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
19:53, Thu 30 Nov
My family and family friends are arranging his funeral in Silvermines, Nenagh, Co Tipp
19:58, Thu 30 Nov
My sister will be there - lucky thing. I can’t get over 😢