14:15, Fri 1 Dec
Not good is it. Even worse we’ve given him a 4 year contract. There’s a player in there no doubt, but means little when he’s injured all the time.
14:25, Fri 1 Dec
Player in where?
14:28, Fri 1 Dec
As in roberts is a good player for this level, but he’s injured all the time.
14:34, Fri 1 Dec
Bielsa loved him, and i love Bielsa, so happy to give him some time
14:46, Fri 1 Dec
Le Mod
I think Rooney always likes to have an 'outball' which is why we see Burke or Juke starting each week.

Personally don't think Juke is anywhere good enough any more, offers virtually nothing. Burke I don't rate at all either, though he at least has some form of mobility

I think this is the only reason one of Burke or juke start. Let’s be honest Rooney can see what we can but it’s his only options to have as an aerial challenge due to ruddy having to kick it long sometimes. We don’t have the players to play out from the back comfortably when it starts to get tight so we resort to kicking it long, up to Miyoshi and stansfield would mean it coming straight back every single time.

I would give keshi anderson a go up there with Stansfield when he is back. He can hold the ball up much better than all 3 and actually has a football brain
14:49, Fri 1 Dec
Yeah, it's the get out of jail card if we're struggling with playing out from the back. There's been a few games where we've started with the playing out and abandoned it midway through the game to go long, take Sunderland as an example.
Happy Clapper
15:24, Fri 1 Dec
Yep. If you play any 3 from 4 of Stansfield Miyoshi Dembele Hogan it’s just going to come straight back if Ruddy launches upfield…… unfortunately it’s hardly subtle, whoever plays that’s where it goes
16:14, Fri 1 Dec
My memory might be failing me but didn’t Stansfield play up front on his own with Dembele, Miyoshi and Bacuna as a three behind him in the wins v Huddersfield and West Brom when we scored four and three goals respectively?
16:17, Fri 1 Dec
Agreed - high press against Rotherham with this forward line up should be enough surely?
16:19, Fri 1 Dec
PRBlue
My memory might be failing me but didn’t Stansfield play up front on his own with Dembele, Miyoshi and Bacuna as a three behind him in the wins v Huddersfield and West Brom when we scored four and three goals respectively?

Yes, but Rooney has refused to play 4231 as Eustace did, we’ve either played with a front 2 (or 4 with how we press) or a front 3. I think we’ll see Hogan and Stansfied upfront and Burke on one of the wings to give us something for Ruddy to aim at.
16:22, Fri 1 Dec
Jesus. Hogan and Burke starting. Horrific.
16:30, Fri 1 Dec
Well it's that or Burke upfront again, which is fine when we are pressing, but terrible when we actually have the ball.
16:33, Fri 1 Dec
I think our best front 4 is pretty obvious and it doesn’t include Juke, Hogan or Burke.
16:37, Fri 1 Dec
I agree, I'd go for Stansfield with Dembele/Miyoshi/Bacuna behind him. But I don't think Rooney will which is a shame because they're just better footballers. We could even play Miyoshi alongside Stansfield and try to keep the ball on the floor! We'd lose the ball sometimes, but probably less than kicking for Burke upront or what happens when he gets possession.
generalBlue
Not tomorrow please.

Love him, but after many premature reports that he was 'done' for about the last 3 seasons at least, he finally is. Wednesday was a hard watch. Been such a bloody good player for us.
Up the feckin Blues