11:29, Sun 3 Dec
So depressed by what I saw yesterday, as everyone else clearly is. But there’s a game on Friday.

I’m not going to try to pick an eleven- don’t consider myself tactically aware enough tbh - but there are clearly some lessons that really have to be learned from yesterday and Felix1875 summed up the main ones for me in the ‘Positives’ thread.

1. Burke shouldn’t be a starter
2. James has to start
3 Sanderson/Aiwu partnership isn’t working atm.
4 (maybe, I’m not sure) Bielik needs to be replaced by Sunjic.

So what’s the 11 for Friday? Can the great and the good on here please suggest the starting line-up? I know form and confidence can complicate it, but how do we get this team playing football again?
11:42, Sun 3 Dec
Ruddy

Drameh. Sanderson. Aiwu. Buchanan

Sunjic

James. Bacuna

Miyoshi

Stansfield. Dembele
11:45, Sun 3 Dec
Laird is a huge loss. Glides past people
Tony Fantastico
11:49, Sun 3 Dec
Yeah makes a huge difference unfortunately he’s knackered again 😔
11:51, Sun 3 Dec
Yes. Something like that. I would prefer 4-2-3-1 with Miyoshi as a number 10 with Bacuna and Dembele wide. Won’t happen though as that’s the JE preferred set up.
11:57, Sun 3 Dec

Ruddy

Drameh Sanderson Aiwu Buchanan

James Sunjic

Dembele Miyoshi Donovan

Stansfield
11:58, Sun 3 Dec
There is no way Aiwu should start on Friday.
11:59, Sun 3 Dec
I’d like to see Aiwu dropped but who for? I don’t think Marc Roberts is gonna be any better, Kevin Long is injured and then you’re down to the kids. Is now the time to throw in someone like Tommy Fogarty?

Jordan James has to start imo. I think in the current formation the only player he can replace is Bacuna which I don’t like; I’d rather see Bielik and or Burke dropped. If James can play the central midfield role I’d stick Scott Hogan along side Stansfield.

I’m well aware my tactical nous is nowhere near as good as many others, I’m sure I’m missing something.
12:00, Sun 3 Dec
Beilik at CH?
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
12:02, Sun 3 Dec
Fully get the conundrum we have at the back, Dan.
Wayne seems to hate our centre halves. He’s talked up Buchanan for the role but I would have thought he’s too short.

If he’s instructing the defenders to stop pissing about and be a be bit more lumpen I wouldn’t be against Roberts coming back in.

Tin hat is ON.
12:10, Sun 3 Dec
Just about the only thing I do concur with Rooney about is not playing Hogan. Having said that our striker options are very limited. The only Championship quality striker we have is Stansfield and even he probably isn’t an out and striker. Even if the managerial change hadn’t happened the chickens would have come home to roost on this one in time. Our best two up front are clearly Stansfield with Miyoshi as a 10. Juke is just an immobile head on a stick now and don’t even get me started on Burke.
12:11, Sun 3 Dec
El Mayor
I’d like to see Aiwu dropped but who for? I don’t think Marc Roberts is gonna be any better, Kevin Long is injured and then you’re down to the kids. Is now the time to throw in someone like Tommy Fogarty?

Jordan James has to start imo. I think in the current formation the only player he can replace is Bacuna which I don’t like; I’d rather see Bielik and or Burke dropped. If James can play the central midfield role I’d stick Scott Hogan along side Stansfield.

I’m well aware my tactical nous is nowhere near as good as many others, I’m sure I’m missing something.
Fogarty should be given a chance he's a very good player, Burke has been very poor imo, yep I would give Hogan a few games again
12:19, Sun 3 Dec
Ruddy

Laird/ Drameh
Roberts
Sanderson
Buchanan

Sunjic
Bielik
James

Dembele
Stansfield
Miyoshi