12:36, Sun 3 Dec
Rooney, must be considering it to have him training with the first team. I like what I hear about Fogerty.

I want to see my centre backs winning the ball in the air it’s become very apparent that Aiwu and Sanderson don’t do it often enough.

We’re very soft in the centre.
12:40, Sun 3 Dec
Ruddy

Drameh Sanderson Roberts Buchanan

JJ Sunjic

Miyoshi Bacuna Dembele

Stansfield
12:45, Sun 3 Dec
Ruddy

Drameh Sanderson Fogarty Buchanan

Bielik Sunjic

Myoshi James Dembele

Stansfield.

Provided Laird is injured obviously.

At this point and from what I’ve seen under Rooney, Aiwu should be dropped and we should blood Fogarty ASAP. I’d even put Dixon on the bench.
12:54, Sun 3 Dec
We shouldn’t be blooding any youngster in to the current setup as it stands, let alone one that’s never been involved with the senior team before (to my knowledge).

Give the poor lad a chance when we’re not a complete shambles at the back.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:01, Sun 3 Dec
I agree. If we have to play a young defender I'd start Oakley, put Drameh at left back and have Buchanan at cb with Sanderson. A derby during a terrible run of form is not where I'd blood a youngster that has never played any senior football anywhere.
13:03, Sun 3 Dec
If we playSunjic and Bielik as a two i think Aiwu will be ok. Otherwise Roberts and Sanderson shoukd be the CBs.
Roberts can't pass, but can head the ball.
Bringing in youth players out if nowhere for a big game isn't planning to succeed.

Dembele, Hogan Stansfield as a front three, with James in front of Bielik and Sunjic.

I think Dembele, Bacuna and Myoshi aren't physical enough between them to all play in the same xi.
I'd keep at least one as a sub - two for Friday. I think Burke has been better as a winger from the bench as well.

We need to be quicker and more intense up front.
13:19, Sun 3 Dec
Please can someone explain to me in very simple terms why quite a few on here seem to want Hogan to start? He has been abysmal or innocuous at best when he has played this season. I am obviously missing something. I do get we have very few good options up front.
13:21, Sun 3 Dec
He’s usually our top scorer
Tony Fantastico
13:21, Sun 3 Dec
PRBlue
Please can someone explain to me in very simple terms why quite a few on here seem to want Hogan to start? He has been abysmal or innocuous at best when he has played this season. I am obviously missing something. I do get we have very few good options up front.

He’s a far bigger goal threat than Burke and Rooney has completely killed Stansfield’s confidence up front, might as well move him deeper.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:30, Sun 3 Dec
I think Stansfield has said he prefers to play off a centre forward. It's to accommodate that.

I don't think we can start Juke. And Burke is not a forward.

So the alternatives are Stansfield on his own or a Hogan/Stansfield combo.

Hogan played mosf of the games in our bright start to the season and has barely featured since.

I agree he is not the best, but we need to change something up front. I'd revert to what was sort of working under Eustace.

It's clear we need to replace Hogan and Juke as soon as possible, but unril then we neeed to play them. If we accept Juke can't start matches we need touse Hogan more. At least until January.
13:33, Sun 3 Dec
If we were successful without Hogan i'd happily bin him off. One win in the last 8 when he has barely featured in the last 7 doesn't support not using him.
13:33, Sun 3 Dec
Or Stansfield with Myoshi playing off him such as when we scored 7 goals in a week not so long ago.
13:41, Sun 3 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
He’s usually our top scorer

Pretty much. And he is at least mobile.
13:42, Sun 3 Dec
No point discussing this, I'm reliably told by twitter that twe need an entirely new squad to be able to compete in games.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Ruddy

Drameh* Aiwu Sanderson Buchanan

James Bielik

Bacuna Miyoshi Dembele

Stansfield

Back to somewhat close to the system we were playing under JE.

I think it is flexible enough that we can still press with 2 up front when we are without the ball with Miyoshi becoming the second striker or for us to be more pragmatic in similar fashion to JE if we needed to.

Allows for James and Bacuna both in the 11.

Miyoshi behind Stansfield has been where we have looked most dangerous this season imo.

Means we don’t have to watch Oli Burke play football for too long.

*Drameh becomes laird if/when fit, such a shame his injury record is what it is, brilliant player. Quite alarming how much one player can impact our performances.

Re CB discussion, agree with Dan I’m not sure who comes in for Aiwu at this stage, not sure Sanderson is covering himself in glory either. I think they would both benefit if we went back to our approach pre Rooney, but will he ditch his principles?