James
Bielik

Miyoshi
Bacuna
Dembele

Stansfield
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
15:37, Sun 3 Dec
This is what drives me mad. Maybe rhe players aren’t good enough (I don’t agree), but we’re stuck with most of them, and we’re not going to buy a new team in January. We already got 10’players in the summer.

I didn’t catch the open house event, but I think somebody said Wagner has already stated that we’re not buying loads of players in Jan. for better or worse then, we’re stuck with the current players, and stuck with the current manager. So he needs to find a way of getting them performing.
15:50, Sun 3 Dec
21:11, Sun 3 Dec
Ruddy

Drahmeh)
Sanderson
Long
Buchanan

Sunjic
Bielik
James
Dembele

Juke
Stansfield
21:52, Sun 3 Dec
This is what drives me mad. Maybe rhe players aren’t good enough (I don’t agree), but we’re stuck with most of them, and we’re not going to buy a new team in January. We already got 10’players in the summer.

I didn’t catch the open house event, but I think somebody said Wagner has already stated that we’re not buying loads of players in Jan. for better or worse then, we’re stuck with the current players, and stuck with the current manager. So he needs to find a way of getting them performing.

Indeed, but how to get them performing?

So many on here go on about style of play and formations and tactics but I’ll be honest, I think that’s the wrong place to be looking atm.

Too many of our players aren’t good at receiving the ball under pressure and it effs up everything else so I’m assuming they’re working on that in training, doing rondos etc, but it will take a while before it becomes comfortable but it has to happen as it’s crucial to how we want to play, including the keeper.

Too often we struggle to string passes together and we surrender or lose possession after 2 or three passes. Again, I’m assuming that they’re working on it in training as even Burke has improved, albeit only slightly. Again, it’s crucial to the style our board wants to adopt.

Two very basic things that will make a world of difference and both beg the question, “wtf was JE working on in training?” Both of these problems existed under JE so it seems his solution was to minimise their impact rather than work on improving them. “Get the best out of what you’ve got, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear” etc. That’s not a winning mindset.
21:59, Sun 3 Dec
Ruddy

Drameh
Sanderson
Aiwu
Buchanan

Bielek
James
Bacuna

Dembele
Stansfield
Miyoshi

“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:06, Sun 3 Dec
This
22:13, Sun 3 Dec
QBBC2

Indeed, but how to get them performing?

So many on here go on about style of play and formations and tactics but I’ll be honest, I think that’s the wrong place to be looking atm.

Too many of our players aren’t good at receiving the ball under pressure and it effs up everything else so I’m assuming they’re working on that in training, doing rondos etc, but it will take a while before it becomes comfortable but it has to happen as it’s crucial to how we want to play, including the keeper.

Too often we struggle to string passes together and we surrender or lose possession after 2 or three passes. Again, I’m assuming that they’re working on it in training as even Burke has improved, albeit only slightly. Again, it’s crucial to the style our board wants to adopt.

Two very basic things that will make a world of difference and both beg the question, “wtf was JE working on in training?” Both of these problems existed under JE so it seems his solution was to minimise their impact rather than work on improving them. “Get the best out of what you’ve got, you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear” etc. That’s not a winning mindset.

Tbf mate I agree with a lot of that. You are spot on that problems with ball retention, and cutting edge as well as final ball was lacking under JE as well. All I would say though is at least we could defend under Eustace, ir was just going forward that was the issue. Now we can’t defend, and the problems going forward are still there.
22:27, Sun 3 Dec
Etheridge

Drameh
Roberts
Sanderson
Buchanan

Gardner
Sunjic
James

Dembele
Stansfield
Hogan

It's a results based business, so an old school battling performance is required, leading to a 0 - 1 smash and grab Blues win ...with 3 points in the bag, it can be a free hit against Leicester, playing whatever fancy Dan tactics come out of Lee Clark's bingo machine that Rooney seems to have discovered at the back of the dressing room
22:51, Sun 3 Dec
Cardiff before Leicester.
23:09, Sun 3 Dec
Cardiff before Leicester.

6 points in the bag then
23:48, Sun 3 Dec
Buddy Mercer
Etheridge

Drameh
Roberts
Sanderson
Buchanan

Gardner
Sunjic
James

Dembele
Stansfield
Hogan

It's a results based business, so an old school battling performance is required, leading to a 0 - 1 smash and grab Blues win ...with 3 points in the bag, it can be a free hit against Leicester, playing whatever fancy Dan tactics come out of Lee Clark's bingo machine that Rooney seems to have discovered at the back of the dressing room

Just wow. What a horrific line up
00:07, Mon 4 Dec
Tbf mate I agree with a lot of that. You are spot on that problems with ball retention, and cutting edge as well as final ball was lacking under JE as well. All I would say though is at least we could defend under Eustace, ir was just going forward that was the issue. Now we can’t defend, and the problems going forward are still there.

I can’t argue with that. You have to build on solid foundations and Rooney has certainly undone the good work that JE had done on that front. I could try to argue a case for why, or try to offer mitigating circumstances but it wouldn’t be a point I could argue with any conviction. It’s poor and he knows it. We all know it. Whether his public rant about it is justified or not I don’t know, I wasn’t at the training sessions or team talks, but it’s definitely got to improve considerably for the next few games for everybody’s sake.

Stansfield
Dembele---------------------Miyoshi
James---Bacuna
Bielik
Buchanan---Aiwu--Sanderson---Drameh
Ruddy
07:30, Mon 4 Dec
Buddy Mercer
Etheridge

Drameh
Roberts
Sanderson
Buchanan

Gardner
Sunjic
James

Dembele
Stansfield
Hogan

Just wow. What a horrific line up

I mean yeah, you're right, but, would they actually perform any worse than the line-ups put out in the last 8 games have done?