20:09, Sun 3 Dec
I don’t go on holidays so I’m keeping my lovely burner until every other effer stops jetting off all over the shop just to get pissed, ta.
20:18, Sun 3 Dec
Got one fitted 3 weeks ago.

Free standing in 8mx8m extension. We’ve turned the radiators off in the extension, and the rest of the bungalow needs around an hour/2 hours tops a day to keep it all nice and toasty.

Logs are in high demand this time of year, all the local suppliers in redditch were out. Had to pay £120 for tonne bag of kiln dried.

Fortunately my mate makes stairs, so I have a decent supply of untreated oak and pine.

Gutted I didn’t get it sooner. Ours is wood only. Very little waste, very little maintenance. Love it
20:26, Sun 3 Dec
You don't need to "jet off" to go on holiday
20:29, Sun 3 Dec
Would be interested to see what carbon footprint the eco warriors have. Mine is currently 3.6 t. Not sure how accurate that is, to be honest

[carbon-calculator.climatehero.org]
20:34, Sun 3 Dec
Nothing eco-warrior about your child needing to take antihistamines when the next-door neighbour decides they want to feel a bit cosier
Tha Project OBE
Would be interested to see what carbon footprint the eco warriors have. Mine is currently 3.6 t. Not sure how accurate that is, to be honest

[carbon-calculator.climatehero.org][/quote

It asked me am I Greta Thunberg.
20:49, Sun 3 Dec
Newbs
Nothing eco-warrior about your child needing to take antihistamines when the next-door neighbour decides they want to feel a bit cosier

Why would they take antihistamines?

Are they allergic to log burners?
20:49, Sun 3 Dec
You don't need to "jet off" to go on holiday

No shit, Sherlock. I can see nothing gets past you.
20:56, Sun 3 Dec
johnnyspex
Newbs

Why would they take antihistamines?

Are they allergic to log burners?

The pollution from them. Detailed here and why antihistamines are used

[allergyuk.org]

[www.allergyfree.co.in]
21:07, Sun 3 Dec
Is this the same for fire pits in the garden?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:19, Sun 3 Dec
Your burner is still more polluting than the average flight I believe.
The cold never bothered me anyway
21:24, Sun 3 Dec
I’m comfortable with it, ta.

God will punish me, if he sees fit and I’ll accept it.

Sadly we can’t all live lives of absolute virtue, like so many on here can.
21:31, Sun 3 Dec
Rasputin
Your burner is still more polluting than the average flight I believe.

CO2 from wood burning stoves are classified as zero emissions Because the CO2 released is the same as the tree used to make the wood.

Private or any planes or jets, at the moment use fossil sourced aviation fuels. CO2 from these are adding to the CO2 in our atmosphere!

Until the time, when synthetic hydrocarbon fuels are manufactured to replace fossil fuels, they will continue to add to the CO2 content in the air.
21:37, Sun 3 Dec
I'm pretty certain all the evidence states completely the opposite of what you've claimed about burners.
21:38, Sun 3 Dec
Yes, anyone who thinks needless pollution is bad is virtue signalling.

* Sigh *