21:44, Sun 3 Dec
you're being weirdly defensive over this, people are providing you with factual evidence, nobody's preaching at all. These things are bad for you, regardless of the climate impact.
21:47, Sun 3 Dec
Yes thank you. I'm well aware of the issue. I'm not being defensive. I'm keeping my burner, that's all. Others can do what they like.
21:49, Sun 3 Dec
We move house a fair bit and I usually put one in. Definitely worth spending more to get a better one.
We got an Esse one this time and it’s fantastic. One log will last a while and really heats up a room. I wouldn’t be without one as I do love a glass of red, book and a fire.

I see it as a lifestyle thing, gets the tele off and the wife and I can sit around it. The cost of wood has short up though, which is why I’d recommend a better burner.
21:50, Sun 3 Dec
Yes, anyone who thinks needless pollution is bad is virtue signalling.

* Sigh *

Here's Raspers, telling lies again. Poor man seems to be afflicted. He can't help himself.
21:50, Sun 3 Dec
We move house a fair bit and I usually put one in. Definitely worth spending more to get a better one.
We got an Esse one this time and it’s fantastic. One log will last a while and really heats up a room. I wouldn’t be without one as I do love a glass of red, book and a fire.

I see it as a lifestyle thing, gets the tele off and the wife and I can sit around it. The cost of wood has short up though, which is why I’d recommend a better burner.
Eff me, you're going to cop it.
21:51, Sun 3 Dec
Also, we get coffee logs quite a lot, which I believe aren’t so bad for the environment and use up waste. I could be wrong as I haven’t researched it, just believed their adverts.
21:53, Sun 3 Dec
Tha Project OBE

Eff me, you're going to cop it.

Haha, I can take it. I live in the middle of nowhere and it’s not the biggest vice. I won’t mention the car I drive as that is bad for the environment. I am usually quite climate aware, I’ve just lived in cottages in the arse end of nowhere and love a wood burner.
21:53, Sun 3 Dec
kiddiezulu
Had mine for 2 years well worth the outlay,my wood costs £70 for a tonne bag.

Where do you get this from please?
*World Class Raspers
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:06, Sun 3 Dec
What a strange response. No idea what you're going on about, must be the guilt.
The cold never bothered me anyway
22:34, Sun 3 Dec
Is this another follow the science 💰💰
02:11, Mon 4 Dec
kiddiezulu
Had mine for 2 years well worth the outlay,my wood costs £70 for a tonne bag.

Where do you get your wood from at £70 a tonne?
07:52, Mon 4 Dec
Yeah put me down for the bulk order. @£70 a tonne bag…put me down for 2 lots.

Can get the roof glowing ready for Father Christmas
08:45, Mon 4 Dec
Rasputin
Your burner is still more polluting than the average flight I believe.

CO2 from wood burning stoves are classified as zero emissions Because the CO2 released is the same as the tree used to make the wood.

Private or any planes or jets, at the moment use fossil sourced aviation fuels. CO2 from these are adding to the CO2 in our atmosphere!

Until the time, when synthetic hydrocarbon fuels are manufactured to replace fossil fuels, they will continue to add to the CO2 content in the air.

I don't think the main issue with log burners/ fire pits etc is the CO2 - its the small particulates which cause breathing issues for people with asthma etc.

"the use of wood in domestic combustion activities has been growing in recent years. Emissions of particulate matter (PM2.5) from domestic wood burning increased by 124 per cent between 2011 and 2021, to represent 21 per cent of total PM2.5 emissions in 2021, an increase of 4% even from 2020. This compares with road transport contributing 13 per cent of PM2.5 emissions. "

So the 30m+ cars and other vehicles produce significantly less pollution than the 1.5m that 'selfishly' have an 'unnecessary' (because there are much cleaner fuels) log burner.

Re the CO2 aspect

"Many people think that burning wood is carbon neutral, because living trees absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air and store the carbon within. But when wood is burned, the CO2 that was absorbed over the years that the tree was alive is released back into the atmosphere all at once, along with short-lived pollutants such as black carbon. Trees can be replanted, but it takes decades for those new trees to reabsorb the carbon that was emitted when their predecessors were burned."

Linked Image
09:34, Mon 4 Dec
Where did the bottom pic come from?