16:18, Thu 7 Dec
4 hamstring injuries since April, about half a game played. Not looking good. Laird has a ‘hip injury’ whatever that is. Could be a range of things.

Was Anderson’s a muscle injury? Happened so long ago can’t remember.
16:20, Thu 7 Dec
I'm sure I read that Bill Shankly hated injured players and wouldn't speak to them at all.
16:33, Thu 7 Dec
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic at this stage tbh.

Why?

He’s not doing it on purpose.

Seems clear to me there is probably an underlying cause that needs to be fixed. Hopefully Blues can sort that.

Frustration, irrational really.

Starting to wonder if he signed a contract with Blues because he wouldn't get anything nearly as good elsewhere with his injury problems.

It's certainly starting to look that way for sure
16:42, Thu 7 Dec
Friggin hell.
Gazball?
16:44, Thu 7 Dec
Happily we have got past that kind of thinking and injecting players with cortisone so they ended up crippled after they finished playing.
It is worrying and frustrating though. The squad in terms of available real Championship quality players that aren’t past it is starting to look a bit thin.
16:49, Thu 7 Dec
The kid isn’t doing it on purpose but it’s starting to get ridiculous.He’s just one of them players that if he does one day become fit then great but impossible to build into a team in the long term.
At such a young age he should heal a lot quicker so what’s he going to be like later in his career?.
He must be scared to death when he gets close to full fitness poor kid.

As for Tyler Roberts what was the original injury?.
Can’t believe how long he’s been out and had completely forgot about him tbh.
17:05, Thu 7 Dec
Bcfc 26
Frustrates me when players constantly get injured.

The industry obviously isn't for them go and find something else to do.
People are barmy
Tony Fantastico
17:06, Thu 7 Dec
hoping its just a result of him growing up and getting bigger and he'll get through it.

happens quite a lot in cricket, particuarly with fast bowlers, Pat Cummins was crocked for the first 4-5 years of his career but has been pretty injury free and very successful since.
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Why?

Seems clear to me there is probably an underlying cause that needs to be fixed. Hopefully Blues can sort that.

Starting to wonder if he signed a contract with Blues because he wouldn't get anything nearly as good elsewhere with his injury problems.

I'm 100% convinced that is the case.

It is odd that with the first team having moved from Wast Hills, and the St Andrews pitch having been replaced - we are still getting lots of hamstring injuries.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Tha Project OBE
Anyway, must be a difficult time for the kid, hope he’s getting all the support he needs.

This is a good point, if it's frustrating and demoralising for us what must it be like for him and his family?

We should just forget about having him as part of the team for this season though. Just leave him be, let him rehab, let him play some easy practice games, do a thorough investigation instead of just trying to get him fit.

Then give him pre season. Fix it long term.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
he should sogn for blackburn - worked miracles for David Dunns injuries.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
17:28, Thu 7 Dec
I was wondering if our Head of Sports Science knew of any top US sports injuries rehab clinics that could help with our constantly injured players. Not cheap I guess but neither is paying them to not play.
Tam
17:32, Thu 7 Dec
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Why?

To be honest, I assumed that this was the case. I don't blame him either, as it must be a real worry for him. Good luck to the lad. If he can get fit and stay fit, he'll have a good career,
Make Blues Great Again
17:33, Thu 7 Dec
Gutted because the lads very talented!
I’m sure or would hope the club is trying to get to the bottom of it through sports science methods, training regime, diet, lifestyle the lot.
As many have said it’s not the kids fault is it.
Im sure he would love to kick on his career rather than be on the treatment table wasting his career away.
Robert Hopkins
he should sogn for blackburn - worked miracles for David Dunns injuries.
This with Christmas bells on.
Hall must be Hleb and Izzet’s love child
Regardless, wish him well with his recovery
We've only got Chewits