17:37, Thu 7 Dec
It wouldn’t be a typical blues championship season without injuries left, right and centre, and a positive start being undone by a terrible run in the winter. Swear this is like the 4th or 5th season running.

On Hall, it’s a shame as when he has played he’s looked good. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of whatever causing these injuries to keep reoccurring.
17:40, Thu 7 Dec
Yeah, let's not write him off just yet. Some players struggle with injuries and then they get a bit of a luck in having a run without a recurrence and go from strength to strength. Fingers crossed for George.

As for Laird, i'm not surprised he's injured again. Rooney pretty much chucked him straight back in, and he played almost 90 mins (if not 90) first game. He's doing the same with Buchnanan. Not having Longelo (in addition to Drameh) on the bench is stupid.
17:43, Thu 7 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic at this stage tbh.

Hmmm
17:53, Thu 7 Dec
Bcfc 26
Frustrates me when players constantly get injured.

The industry obviously isn't for them go and find something else to do.

Absolutely correct!
I can't even remember if he is actually that good.
17:55, Thu 7 Dec
Formerly Deckchair
Yeah, let's not write him off just yet. Some players struggle with injuries and then they get a bit of a luck in having a run without a recurrence and go from strength to strength. Fingers crossed for George.

I can't think of any examples of this.
17:58, Thu 7 Dec
Medical dept are a joke. Fire them all.
18:01, Thu 7 Dec
Bielik?
Definitely hasn’t gone from strength to strength.
Gazball?
18:05, Thu 7 Dec
Llanon_joe
Formerly Deckchair

I can't think of any examples of this.

Keystisn Bielik
18:08, Thu 7 Dec
Got_the_blues
Bielik?

Fair enough, I'll accept that. Wasn't they ACL injuries?

What about re-accuring muscle injuries?
18:10, Thu 7 Dec
Is he just another example of a player who was good on loan for us, but goes rubbish when we sign them permanently?
18:22, Thu 7 Dec
I think If you’re permanently injured in the prime of your life, then things aren’t suddenly going to get better without some kind of intervention.
As you can tell I’m not a doctor, but he’s obviously got a serious weakness causing him these problems.
We can only hope that they find out what’s causing the problem and there is an operation to improve it. The thing is, if this is the case then surely it would have been done already.
18:24, Thu 7 Dec
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic
I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic at this stage tbh.

Why?

He’s not doing it on purpose.

Seems clear to me there is probably an underlying cause that needs to be fixed. Hopefully Blues can sort that.

I really think footballers are doing too much gym work there days. I say this as an ex pro until very recently.

Too much emphasis on gym conditioning and not enough on actual football itself.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
18:26, Thu 7 Dec
Bluenose27
Is he just another example of a player who was good on loan for us, but goes rubbish when we sign them permanently?

I don’t think he was great post World Cup last season. Also think his front two teething being booted out hasn’t helped - might have knocked his confidence/mentality.
Gazball?
18:29, Thu 7 Dec
Yorkshireblue
Medical dept are a joke. Fire them all.

Bit of a knee jerk response.

While I can imagine it’s frustrating losing players to injury etc; it’s not just a medical department issue.

For me, I think there are questions about what they’re being coached and the state of the training pitches for a start.