16:04, Fri 8 Dec
Miguelagenn
I know it's fashionable to dislike Rory but his is the only comment I've found and he doesn't appear to be demanding anything here to me.

"Jon is going to be in Bethpage in 2025 so, because of this decision, the European Tour are going to have to rewrite the rules for Ryder Cup eligibility like, absolutely, there’s no question about that."

He's predicting more than anything and I'm guessing he'll end up being correct.

Do people dislike him?

Not a huge fan of golf but he seems a decent bloke to me and quite passionate and sincere.
16:21, Fri 8 Dec
Spike
Miguelagenn
I know it's fashionable to dislike Rory but his is the only comment I've found and he doesn't appear to be demanding anything here to me.

"Jon is going to be in Bethpage in 2025 so, because of this decision, the European Tour are going to have to rewrite the rules for Ryder Cup eligibility like, absolutely, there’s no question about that."

Yeah, I think Redditch Blue is being harsh on McIlroy there.

He has been very, very loyal and principled throughout and has been royally screwed over.

All he's doing now is pointing out the obvious about where it's all headed.

His personal position has never changed but has been massively undermined.

I completely disagree with you, but that’s fine.
Changing your mind because we now ‘need’ a player, his words not mine, is a complete U-turn.
No drama anyway.
16:23, Fri 8 Dec
newblue
Miguelagenn

Do people dislike him?

Not a huge fan of golf but he seems a decent bloke to me and quite passionate and sincere.

Yeah I’m not sure what he means here. I’ve got no view on McIlroy. Brilliant player and seems fine. I just think he’s being hypocritical here. Others don’t. Not sure what being fashionable has got to do with anything.
16:25, Fri 8 Dec
Miguelagenn

Do people dislike him?

McIlroy is widely loved.
10:30, Sun 10 Dec
What Rahm said 6 months ago

“Would my lifestyle change if I got $400 million? It would not change one bit. Truth be told, I could retire now with what I have made and live a very happy life and not play golf again. I play for the love of golf and I want to play against the best in the world. I’ve always been interested in history and legacy and right now, the PGA tour has that”

Whilst I can never criticise him for turning down £300 million, it’s just the bullshit that comes with it.
shd
10:42, Sun 10 Dec
Mr BS
What Rahm said 6 months ago

“Would my lifestyle change if I got $400 million? It would not change one bit. Truth be told, I could retire now with what I have made and live a very happy life and not play golf again. I play for the love of golf and I want to play against the best in the world. I’ve always been interested in history and legacy and right now, the PGA tour has that”

Whilst I can never criticise him for turning down £300 million, it’s just the bullshit that comes with it.

Exactly this !

All the “….gotta look after my family “ bla bla bla
As he says he’s gotta a boat load already and doesn’t need any more
Now if he came out and said “I’m doing it for the money as i can then support my charity, philanthropic works of xy or z and the LIV money I earn will make a massive difference “ then great….crack on
It is unfortunately but in the end the players will suffer!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
11:07, Sun 10 Dec
and he's already a multi millionaire. What's that word that sums it all up- oh yes Greed !!
11:10, Sun 10 Dec
I think " suffer " is maybe the wrong term.
( experience or be subject to (something bad or unpleasant).....
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )