10:58, Fri 8 Dec
Of course they don’t. Why would he bring his family into it?
11:01, Fri 8 Dec
Exactly. It would have been more disingenuous to say it is for the good of the sport or to promote the game.

Some expert comment I heard yesterday mentioned they were "surprised" the Saudis got him for "only" $300 million given a number of others are now expected to follow him over.

An investment company called Saxo Bank makes outrageous predictions at this time of year. One of theirs for 2024 is that Saudi Arabia will buy the Champions League rights from UEFA. Does not sound so outrageous really!
11:01, Fri 8 Dec
Because they will quite obviously benefit from the money
11:05, Fri 8 Dec
It's obscene greed. How much money do you need?

Eff Rahm, eff Saudi.
11:21, Fri 8 Dec

Eff Rahm, eff Saudi.

Or is it just maximising his potential?

Most people would move jobs for a few grand a year more - the only difference here is he has the earning potential to ask for £600m (reportedly) rather than a few grand.

Anyone moaning about how much top echelon sports people get paid just comes across as bitter, jealous and petty. Its a non essential product which you can choose to buy or not - the market will eventually find its own level.
11:22, Fri 8 Dec
Exactly. It is obscene greed, but how many of us would be turning it down?
11:23, Fri 8 Dec

Eff Rahm, eff Saudi.

Or is it just maximising his potential?

Most people would move jobs for a few grand a year more - the only difference here is he has the earning potential to ask for £600m (reportedly) rather than a few grand.

Anyone moaning about how much top echelon sports people get paid just comes across as bitter, jealous and petty. Its a non essential product which you can choose to buy or not - the market will eventually find its own level.

Nah, it's what I said,

I'm honestly not jealous. Maybe bitter/petty. Overall it's just a shame for fans of the sport isn't it.
11:24, Fri 8 Dec
Exactly. It is obscene greed, but how many of us would be turning it down?

Even given what he already earns?
11:32, Fri 8 Dec
It's the difference being between incredibly rich, and having generational wealth for your entire families future until this world eventually eats itself.

I am no capitalist but there is no way on god's green earth I'd be turning it down.
11:38, Fri 8 Dec
if he hadn't have won the Masters last year i don't think he'd have gone.
11:45, Fri 8 Dec
Is entry for the majors not in the hands of the PGA ? Not a big golf follower really
11:47, Fri 8 Dec
you have to be in top 50 i think or have won a major in the last few years and various other ways of getting in but none include Liv. There are no ranking points for LIV so they are all dropping outside the top 50
11:52, Fri 8 Dec
You are probably right

Lifetime invite to play the masters every year as he won it, and qualifies for the next 16 majors anyway due to previous performances

By the time that runs out they will probably have changed the rules anyway
11:59, Fri 8 Dec
HackneyBlue
Because they will quite obviously benefit from the money

As they do with his pga money, which runs into the millions. Just say “show me the money” or “I couldn’t turn that amount down”, then fair dos
12:09, Fri 8 Dec
move to LIV and DOUBLE the career earnings of Tiger Woods lol

put that with everything you've already won and future millions of LIV tour winnings

I want to say I wouldnt do it but I would