shd
09:04, Sat 9 Dec
….the sack or back thread seems clear that what looks like well over 80% want Rooney gone and soon

Assuming that happens, then who *realistically* fits the owners and CEOs criteria for the role being that of :

1- a manager with a global profile
2- wants to play sexy play out from the back football (don’t laugh!) and has done it successfully
3- is available

Although I’m sure they’re paying Rooney and his sidekicks a boat load, the likes of Potter is fanciful and ain’t happening so who fits the 3 above criteria ?
KES
09:06, Sat 9 Dec
shd
Big Ralph

Linked Image
shd
09:17, Sat 9 Dec
KES
Ralph meets 2 and 3 but no global profile, well certainly not on the Rooney scale
09:35, Sat 9 Dec
shd
Somewhat linked to 1 but I think somebody who has had profile as a player in the US.

Pirlo
Henry
Gerrard
Lampard
09:39, Sat 9 Dec
shd
shd
….the sack or back thread seems clear that what looks like well over 80% want Rooney gone and soon

Assuming that happens, then who *realistically* fits the owners and CEOs criteria for the role being that of :

1- a manager with a global profile
2- wants to play sexy play out from the back football (don’t laugh!) and has done it successfully
3- is available

Although I’m sure they’re paying Rooney and his sidekicks a boat load, the likes of Potter is fanciful and ain’t happening so who fits the 3 above criteria ?

FFS !!
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:52, Sat 9 Dec
shd
shd
Ralph meets 2 and 3 but no global profile, well certainly not on the Rooney scale

I'm really not sure we need to worry about the global profile at the moment. Running before we can walk.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:55, Sat 9 Dec
Give it Taylor Swift till the end of the season
Happy Clapper
10:00, Sat 9 Dec
shd
Even Wurzel would be an upgrade. Got more out of a far worse squad of players.
10:03, Sat 9 Dec
Nikola Zigic
shd

I'm really not sure we need to worry about the global profile at the moment. Running before we can walk.

This!
Lets appeal to the people in our own city before worrying about LA and NY blues ayy.

And this is there problem, changing when they did made zero sense, they should have just been stable for a season on the pitch so they could focus on the stuff off it.
Self inflicted wounds.
10:27, Sat 9 Dec
Just get a proper feckin manager
10:32, Sat 9 Dec
Switfy and Big Sam. Combo. We'd sellout in a flash.

Maybe not progressive enough?
10:39, Sat 9 Dec
For new owners with such an impressive long-term plan it just feels that they could’ve had a season of stability first. Feels like getting Rooney in looks rushed and foolhardy in hindsight.
10:50, Sat 9 Dec
Bluesince65
For new owners with such an impressive long-term plan it just feels that they could’ve had a season of stability first. Feels like getting Rooney in looks rushed and foolhardy in hindsight.

I don’t mind them gambling I really don’t! And when all is said and done it’s there money.
Boehly has done it at Chelsea.
What people need to accept is JE just want there man, and that’s ok even if he was doing well, managers rarely get sacked when things go well which made it more strange/timing, but if they’d replaced him with a better manager we wouldn’t be having this conversation in all likelihood, as results would be different.

All they need to do now is admit they chose the wrong fella and move on, we could go through many managers before we land on the right one for us, that’s modern day football.
But the circus right now probably needs to come to an end before we sink into a relegation battle and the fans become even more unhappy and divided.
Tam
11:02, Sat 9 Dec
TaylorJay84
Bluesince65

I don’t mind them gambling I really don’t! And when all is said and done it’s there money.
Boehly has done it at Chelsea.
What people need to accept is JE just want there man, and that’s ok even if he was doing well, managers rarely get sacked when things go well which made it more strange/timing, but if they’d replaced him with a better manager we wouldn’t be having this conversation in all likelihood, as results would be different.

All they need to do now is admit they chose the wrong fella and move on, we could go through many managers before we land on the right one for us, that’s modern day football.
But the circus right now probably needs to come to an end before we sink into a relegation battle and the fans become even more unhappy and divided.

Yes, it’s really all about the replacement, not the outgoing manager. In saying that, JE seemed to be popular and we were doing OK. So, from that starting point, his replacement needed to be a logical and popular one. Unfortunately, Rooney’s arrival was a perfect storm - a less than gracious dismissal of JE, the feelgood factor after the WBA game, the general feeling of stability and progress, coupled with a ‘Zola moment’ feeling, Rooney not being a universally popular figure and his less than stellar managerial record to date has led to one of the most hostile receptions that I could imagine.

I feel sorry for Rooney in that respect- goodwill buys you time and patience - and we couldn’t even have a ‘new manager bounce, because we’d just bounced over the last couple of games.
Make Blues Great Again
11:05, Sat 9 Dec
shd
Rooney isn’t going anywhere.