11:13, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
He was on a hiding to nothing tbh, after the last two games of JE, fans mostly behind JE, and the tone set by Cook with all the world class talk, and front foot no fear football tags.
A difficult but not impossible set of fixtures to start and really he needed that burst out the gate start to win people round, it’s not happened and looks decreasingly like it’s going to as the weeks pass.

I think he’s here for the window and if the new players haven’t worked out, he’s gone by Easter, that’s my thinking atm, then your talking a part time manager and we perhaps start again manager/squad in the summer.
One thing’s for sure the next manager is going to have to go on a charm offensive, and Cooks going to have to apologise for his mistake.
Just a total mess, but this is blues and we’ve come through it before and shall this time.
11:14, Sat 9 Dec
Wasn’t in favour of him coming in, but was happy to back him. Have only just remembered he’s on a 3.5 yr contract, for someone who is unproven at this level, which either means GC has the utmost (or blind) faith in him or it’s a huge error.

Really hope it’s the former, but don’t see him here in Feb.

The performance last night spoke volumes for me.
shd
11:34, Sat 9 Dec
TrickyBlue
Rooney isn’t going anywhere.

Even if relegation is on the cards come February ?
12:15, Sat 9 Dec
shd
Bielsa
12:16, Sat 9 Dec
A 3.5 year contract on an inexperienced manager with no credentials, with a poor team of coaches as well, and he’ll be on way more money than JE ever was because he’s Rooney. What a joke.

In answer to the original question on this thread. Mowbrays available.
shd
12:38, Sat 9 Dec
Bluenose27
A 3.5 year contract on an inexperienced manager with no credentials, with a poor team of coaches as well, and he’ll be on way more money than JE ever was because he’s Rooney. What a joke.

Would/could Mowbray work alongside Rooney ?
12:44, Sat 9 Dec
shd
Hopefully the owners are now shrewd enough to realise the manager doesn't have to be famous and ditch that criteria
just think of the clicks his sacking would generate
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:10, Sat 9 Dec
before we sink into a relegation battle and the fans become even more unhappy and divided.

We are already in a relegation battle ....
13:29, Sat 9 Dec
They obviously want to keep him, but if he doesn’t get a win in the next 4-6 games then I think his position will become untenable, it’s pretty much at that stage now.
13:34, Sat 9 Dec
shd
shd
….the sack or back thread seems clear that what looks like well over 80% want Rooney gone and soon

Assuming that happens, then who *realistically* fits the owners and CEOs criteria for the role being that of :

The mistake is in assuming that the owners are going to take account of a bunch of fans who believe that they are better placed to make this call than those who have invested in the club.

Thankfully, that isn’t the case. Never has been, never will be. Rooney is here until the owners decide his time is up. 80% of fans or not.
Tam
13:35, Sat 9 Dec
My feeling is (based on nothing but a guess) that they would want to give 'their' man as long as they possibly could, not only for any commercial benefits that he may have brought, but to be seen to be standing by their decision and not being swayed by opinion. I get that, actually. On the other hand, relegation would be such a set back that they'd have to act if it got to anywhere near a 'Zola v Burton' crisis.

Whilst I think that they would give him as long a time as possible (possibly too long, even) I think that a swell of anger and abuse from the stands would drive it into an untenable situation, perhaps even before results did.
Make Blues Great Again
13:36, Sat 9 Dec
👍🏻 Agree. There are a good few to choose from now. Rooney was a gamble, there was nothing before, regarding his record to suggest otherwise.
13:46, Sat 9 Dec
shd
shd
Bluenose27

Would/could Mowbray work alongside Rooney ?

Yeah as long as Rooney's the cones and tea man
13:47, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Like you said they want to stand by their man and no doubt they will give him more time than he probably should. I don’t think they should sack him at this moment, but these next few games will be pivotal in whether he stays, we simply can’t keep losing games when there is also no improvement in play. As you alluded the fans won’t have it, why should they and will ultimately be the deciding factor of whether he stays or not. I hope Cook doesn’t start blaming the fans, for being toxic (or having a voice) because he at the moment has made this poor desicion.