15:43, Sun 10 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Within your circle of competence, you operate with an advantage. As you approach the perimeter (the limitations of your knowledge), your advantage starts to reduce. As you cross the perimeter, not only does your advantage vanish, but it transfers to other people. Suddenly, you find yourself playing in an area where others have an edge.

Simple.

The football pitch?
I think he lacks emotional intelligence, as a great player, if he is expecting lesser mortals to carry out moves he could do in his sleep then he will end up frustrated. As we are unlikely to sack him a Brucie in the background would help immensely. I believe an experienced old head mentoring him can bring us through the abyss
16:06, Sun 10 Dec
He's effed here mate, it's not going to happen.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
16:14, Sun 10 Dec
Forget it, he did nothing at Derby and was even worse at DC United. My son had season tickets for DC United and said they were dreadful under Rooney. He was so pleased they didn’t renew his contract. Rooney hasn’t learned anything in all his three years of management
Inspector Montalbano
I think he lacks emotional intelligence, as a great player, if he is expecting lesser mortals to carry out moves he could do in his sleep then he will end up frustrated. As we are unlikely to sack him a Brucie in the background would help immensely. I believe an experienced old head mentoring him can bring us through the abyss

I admit the potential benefits of bringing in a senior mentor have crossed my mind.
It's a possible face-saving move for Garry Cook too.
Hodgson, Ranieri, Advocaat ...... pie in the sky though !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
16:21, Sun 10 Dec
He's done nothing in eight and a half games to suggest he's got anything to offer management wise.

His body language,post match interviews, game management, substitutions etc suggest he's out of his depth.

It's only going to get worse the longer it goes on
16:28, Sun 10 Dec
Inspector Montalbano

I admit the potential benefits of bringing in a senior mentor have crossed my mind.
It's a possible face-saving move for Garry Cook too.
Hodgson, Ranieri, Advocaat ...... pie in the sky though !

They could do worse than getting Sammy Lee in as a 1st team coach and mentor.

His actual current job is mentoring young managers for the LMA.

An ex England player, and scouser too, so Rooney should be able to bond with him, and he would bring a wealth of experience from working closely with Allardyce
17:21, Sun 10 Dec
I mentioned him weeks back
Tony Fantastico
17:29, Sun 10 Dec
Unfortunately it’s gone too far downhill for that. Unless he can somehow get a couple of wins in the next couple of games he is finished
17:38, Sun 10 Dec
Andy62
Unfortunately it’s gone too far downhill for that. Unless he can somehow get a couple of wins in the next couple of games he is finished
Pretty much agree with this as by the time boxing day comes round more than half the fans will want him gone. Cant see any points before then so if he is still here for the Stoke match it will be an extremely toxic atmosphere 10x worse than Hull.
17:44, Sun 10 Dec
I think hes one heavy defeat away from departing.. I was on the fence when he came..I'm done with him now.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
17:46, Sun 10 Dec
Andy62
Pretty much agree with this as by the time boxing day comes round more than half the fans will want him gone. Cant see any points before then so if he is still here for the Stoke match it will be an extremely toxic atmosphere 10x worse than Hull.

A lot more than half want him gone already ... just because they don't boo, and support the team, that doesn't mean that they can't see that this isn't going to work
17:57, Sun 10 Dec
Rags
Andy62

A lot more than half want him gone already ... just because they don't boo, and support the team, that doesn't mean that they can't see that this isn't going to work
Yeah I get what your saying, maybe I should have worded it better. It will be more apparent on Boxing day if he is still here which I fear he maybe
17:58, Sun 10 Dec
Rags
Andy62

Yeah I get what your saying, maybe I should have worded it better. It will be more apparent on Boxing day if he is still here which I fear he maybe

Fair play
Tam
18:03, Sun 10 Dec
The next couple of games really are important for him, but I think that Stoke will be the critical one if don't pick up any points from the next two. I don't necessarily mean critical from a pure 'points' point of view, but from the fans turning on him. I really do feel sorry for him in as much as his arrival was greeted with anger from any, and at best indifference from most. I don't think that he stands much of a chance with the fans unless we really do go on a bloody good run, or make some brilliant signings in the window.

Unless that happens, I think he'll always be on a knife edge with the Blues fanbase.
Make Blues Great Again